Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaniAndras252 View Post
    The fact of the matter is, that's how the player base has evolved. A majority are more casually based (and rightfully so), to get what they want out of the game in the amount of time they spend on it. I mean if you pay the money to enjoy the game, I'm pretty sure you'd think you deserve things as well. As you rightfully should, because if you pay the same money without even a chance of getting a fraction of what other people get who play nonstop seems trivial does it Not? It's how the business works, more people want that fast rush paced hype and fulfillment, while putting in minimal effort because that's either A) all the time they can allot to the game B) they get satisfaction from that specified time no matter the content C) paying monthly regardless if they barely play within that time period. It's how the mindset works man and while I understand your apparent frustration with what it's evolved into, that's the reality of it.
    You know what you sign yourself into when you buy World of Warcraft.
    Because you pay the same amount of money doesn't mean you deserve the same amount of content if you don't wanna put efford in it.
    If that was the case then i want a free Swift Spectral Tiger Blizzard. Because i'm paying for the game and i don't have time to farm gold to get it.

See? Doesn't sound logical does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

They could do something pretty easy like provide a display that shows whether the next thing that potentially rewards a legendary will. As an example, initially it's no. You have a x% chance of getting one that grows with bad luck protection. You do something that has a chance. It doesn't drop one as it's been predetermined, but it rolls to see whether your next one will. If it will, you can either do something to get a random legendary or go buy a token to get the slot you want. People wouldn't need every legendary if they could legitimately target the ones they need to do good dps with a particular spec/build for alts or folks coming into the expansion late. No increase in drop rate. Problem solved.

The best part about this is people can see their progress. They can verify their BLP is increasing even if they didn't get one this time.
    Last edited by niil945; 2017-09-17 at 05:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    Sorry, but that is blatantly wrong considering the state of the game and attitude of the players.

Far too many people rely on ilvl to determine participation in a run, and far too many people build runs on overly high ilvl. The difference between someone with no leggo vs someone with 2 leggos is a substantial difference.

Heck, even the difference between the good leggos and utility leggos is more than 10% for most classes...running between 15% to 20% difference in dps in the most extreme cases.

So, sorry, but the difference between having leggos and no leggos, and the difference between good leggos and utility leggos is too large to be dismissed so casually.

Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    the right legendaries for some specs is mandatory to do comparable dps to specs of other ilvls, bad luck with legendaries as something like an unholy DK can set you back 150k dps (that's if you have legendaries but not the right ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Again, do you NEED that many legendaries? Or would it simply be nice to have them? Are you having difficulties because of the legendaries you don't have?
    It's not fun to be weaker than somebody else just because they got lucky and effectively got access to a second talent system, so yes, I do. A lot of legendaries also have noticeable gameplay impact, meaning that without them you aren't really experiencing the full spec.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not fun to be weaker than somebody else just because they got lucky and effectively got access to a second talent system, so yes, I do. A lot of legendaries also have noticeable gameplay impact, meaning that without them you aren't really experiencing the full spec.
    So, yes. You need it. Do you have an estimate on how many chances you personally have weekly for a legendary to drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So, yes. You need it. Do you have an estimate on how many chances you personally have weekly for a legendary to drop?
    Across all my characters? Hundreds, if not thousands(maybe not actually thousands, but easily hundreds of chances)

EDIT: Up until this week, I cleared mythic farm on my warrior(now we extend for KJ) and then 3-5 full H ToS clears on alts, at least 2 emissaries every day(which includes killing rares/opening chests depending on zone, adding extra chances) and I try to get a +10 done on all 12 characters as well. That got me an average of maybe 1-2 legendaries a week across all my characters.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-09-17 at 05:37 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alternative... that legendary quest that used for upgrade gives a token after 300+? whatever quest item, for vendor wherever.

I'd settle for "how to guarantee first legendary."

Emissary quests (Broken Isles, not Argus) don't seem to drop gear any more.

Construction at Broken Shore doesn't grant the loot box any more.

I've run a few dungeons, hoping to get a legendary (well, mostly because it's how to advance my professions...), nothing.

I would like to have any legendaries I can get, even if it's another necklace-with-shields one.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, that's the rate at which they drop if you're actually actively play the game: do relevant raiding content, run M+, hunt rares on Argus, do WQs, etc.

If you aren't doing any of those, you don't need legendaries to drop that often then...
    No it's not. Stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    OP is right, people are a lot less active now and they are going to continue being less active for the rest of Legion. They should just hand them out guaranteed every week would not in any way hurt the game at this point.

That's some shit tier level trolling up in here, "legendaries are not required to play the game at all, but you should have to grind for them as much as we did!" You kids probably don't even have all leggos for your mainspec let alone all of them that you can get for your main character.
    Yep. No matter how many legendaries we get, we can still equip only two.

And those who don't grind, their other gear will be excrement compared to the grinders/raiders.

Deleted
    Across all my characters? Hundreds, if not thousands(maybe not actually thousands, but easily hundreds of chances)

EDIT: Up until this week, I cleared mythic farm on my warrior(now we extend for KJ) and then 3-5 full H ToS clears on alts, at least 2 emissaries every day(which includes killing rares/opening chests depending on zone, adding extra chances) and I try to get a +10 done on all 12 characters as well. That got me an average of maybe 1-2 legendaries a week across all my characters.
    So you do get a legendary a week without it being a guaranteed drop.

I think the system is fair.. but why fully RNG drop chance? why not have a progress bar till the next Legendary? It'll still be random to which one drops. A progress bar that only certain tasks build to it. Less people would complain about no drops by easily debunking poor drop rate by looking at the progress bar.
    AB350 Gaming 3 | Ryzen 1600X | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz @ 2933mhz | .5 & 1TB 840 evo, .5TB 850 evo | EVGA GTX 1080 ti FTW3 | Dell S2716DG | EVGA 1000 G2 | NH-D15 SE-AM4 | Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Silent

Pretty much this. It's "fine" on mains now because we have all our legendaries, basically. On alts you're at a significant disadvantage thanks to legendaries, especially if you get fucked and get something like Prydaz + another shared class legendary as your first 2.
    This lol, I got the shoulders and wrists on my arms warrior, and without the head + ring or gloves + ring it plays like dogshit, seeing you need to grind just as much bad luck protection as months ago it put me off playing it as alt and doing a ton of grinding just to find out if my next one will be the head/ring/hands.

Sure you can target them with the 910 tokens but if you don't know exactly when you're getting your next one it might drop some random one before you go back to the shard guy to target a slot.
    Also I need better trinkets but don't wanna spam them from the shard guy cause I don't need the kiljaeden's legendary trinket, this late in the expansion the whole legendary system is still shit, even more so for some specs who heavily rely on 2 specific ones just to have a smooth rotation.

I thought that when you use tokens, there is no bad luck protection.. it's just a straight roll chance at whatever low-ass percentage blizz made it.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I thought that when you use tokens, there is no bad luck protection.. it's just a straight roll chance at whatever low-ass percentage blizz made it.
    That's what I recall it being too. Which is why targeting legendaries with it felt like such a kick in the teeth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So, sorry, but the difference between having leggos and no leggos, and the difference between good leggos and utility leggos is too large to be dismissed so casually.
    Quote Originally Posted by snitcher geralt View Post
    bad luck with legendaries as something like an unholy DK can set you back 150k dps (that's if you have legendaries but not the right ones)
    You both comfirm what I wrote: You do not need ALL of them. You only need the specific ones that makes your characters perform at their best. Just because players feel like they need them all, doesn't mean that "player should be able to easily get legendary item every week" as written in the OP.

unless your two best ones drop last, in which case they are

i think there should be some form of catchup on legendaries for alts

having all of them on my main should be enough, i mean it took like a year to get

Deleted
    At this point it should indeed. I grind a lot, and I'm still missing a lot of legendaries on most my chars.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to do any kind of competitive content, you will be required to have the best legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    At this point it should indeed. I grind a lot, and I'm still missing a lot of legendaries on most my chars.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to do any kind of competitive content, you will be required to have the best legendaries.
    There are about 500 people on the planet doing "competitive" content. They don't matter.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady