Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There are about 500 people on the planet doing "competitive" content. They don't matter.
    so according to you only 500 people do hc/m raids, 10+ mythics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're so full of shit I had to wash my monitor.

1 hour isn't even enough to unlock argus. Unlocking concordance costs a total of 2,228,766,330 AP. That's 2.2 billion, even with AK boost every week it'll still take a long time before your statement becomes true. Last I checked my biggest accessible AP token was around 200m. That's 11 mythic dungeons in an hour to collect concordance. Or 5 min 45 seconds per run.
    Well, maybe 2 hours. That's about how long it took me.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're so full of shit I had to wash my monitor.

1 hour isn't even enough to unlock argus. Unlocking concordance costs a total of 2,228,766,330 AP. That's 2.2 billion, even with AK boost every week it'll still take a long time before your statement becomes true. Last I checked my biggest accessible AP token was around 200m. That's 11 mythic dungeons in an hour to collect concordance. Or 5 min 45 seconds per run.
    Mythical aren't the only source of AP. One invasion to completion, including the WQ and the scenerio will net you at least 500mill, just grab a guildy/friend and have him kill stuff for you, then go do all the AP and gear world quest on the map. AP WQ awards 60mill to 140mill. A geared helper (900s will do, don't need anything crazy) will clear a zone for you in about 15 min.Also there are a few quest that awards 250mill+, heck there are quest now that awards over 400 mill in suramar and broken shore.

So yeah not full of shit of at all. I should've mentioned the needed help part but who the hell plays wow solo. This game is boring at fuck without friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

3 weeks since my last legendary. We do an around the world normal/heroic clear of old raids on one of our raid nights each week. I do all my LFR. all reg Mythic dungeons and still no legendary in 3 weeks. The system is complete crap and if it returns next xpak i am out.

Blizzard do something to not make the legendary system as miserable as possible?

LOL, you're fuckin' hilarious m8. This system needs to get hit by a bus full of aids and take every designer responsible with it to the deepest, darkest depths of hell and never return. Fuck legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So you do get a legendary a week without it being a guaranteed drop.
    Between 12 characters, yes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    No it's not. Stop lying.
    Nope, that's the rate at which I was getting almost all of my legendaries before 7.3, there were 1-2 legendaries that didn't want to drop for couple of weeks, but normally it's 7-9 days between each legendary.

Can't say anything about 7.3 stuff because I have all legendaries >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You both comfirm what I wrote: You do not need ALL of them. You only need the specific ones that makes your characters perform at their best. Just because players feel like they need them all, doesn't mean that "player should be able to easily get legendary item every week" as written in the OP.
    Okay, so allow targetting. The problem is that you do need all legendaries for your spec in some cases if you get unlucky and your best ones are the last ones.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    My mage still has not got 1 legendary
    Then you must be AFKing in Dalaran all day because if you're actively playing, you'll get a legendary. Your first legendary on characters has an increased chance of dropping, that plus bad luck protection basically gives you one.

Is there a happy medium between "Blizzard is so awful because of welfare gear" and "Blizzard is so awful because I don't have 10 legendaries?"

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    Is there a happy medium between "Blizzard is so awful because of welfare gear" and "Blizzard is so awful because I don't have 10 legendaries?"
    Nope, because either group will always be unsatisfied and even if "happy medium" is somehow reached, I think that instead of being happy both groups will be pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    I think if you want the legendaries, you need to put in the effort to get them... Thinking you deserve a legendary a week screams that you have some serious entitlement issues happening.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is a "real" legendary...because I don't think the "community" ever agreed on that. Is a "real" legendary tied to heavy RNG and then your guild deciding, you are the chosen one where everybody chips in to help you get said legendary? Because certainly I didn't see much love for the MoP or WoD legendaries on this forum, because suddenly "every scrub" could get them.
    Every other expansion you could get ONE in the whole expansion, in Legion you can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 30, I'll let you decide the outlier, don't be intentionally obtuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, we all can get two to four ARTIFACTS (depending on class)...obviously we can go crazy with the amounts of legendaries
    Well artifacts are more like spec specific talent trees than an item tier above legendary. And it's not like you can hoard them. There is a specific way to get that one artifact for your spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. If you want the legendaries, do the grind. Why should you be rewarded for not working?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Going after Legendaries in Heroics or Caches is the only thing I'm really doing when Invasions/Rifts aren't available. If I got them immediately I'd have a lot less to do.

Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    Of course. They are "must have the right ones", but since the right ones can easily be the last ones, "must have them all" is actually correct.

I think at this point we can be 100% certain Blizzard doesn't care if you get your BIS or not, and doesn't care if you reroll or play multiple specs and are a collectionist (or want your BIS).

All they care about is:
    1. That you have ANY 2 legendaries to fill your quota, that's why first 2 have upped drop chance and you can soon get a second "welfare" legendary from Antorus (soon as in 2 months, and 1st being the crafted one).

2. That good legendaries get nerfed, they still do it like they did with arms warrior and rogue ones at the start of TOS, some legendaries remain good after the nerf, some get outshadowed by something else.

3. That people keep grinding and clocking these MAU hours.

Also the fact most hardcore players finished their "grind" in NH and are going through their second or third spec mostly quelled the amount of uproar posts, so no uproar = issue considered fixed.

Really, OP, don't expect anything more in the aspect of legendaries except the freebie Antorus ring and new means of farming (veiled argunite / argus rares is the new thing).

Whether you're right or wrong is kinda irrelevant, it's nearly certain nothing more will be done in the area, so you have to swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Catching up on artifact is still an issue? If your alt doesn't have concordence within the first hour of hit 110, you are doing something seriously wrong. Unless you want artifact lvl 65+ Soon as you hit max lvl in which case again, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    I demand a video, where someone does Concordance in one hour. Preferably with 42-43 AK. Just leveled my alt, and while it wasn't my goal to hit Concordance, it was nowhere near 1 hour. Surely will be much better 3-4 weeks from now, and I agree it is easy to catch up on the Artifact. But your anecdotal evidence is wrong. Just wanted to point that out.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-09-17 at 10:53 PM.

You both comfirm what I wrote: You do not need ALL of them. You only need the specific ones that makes your characters perform at their best. Just because players feel like they need them all, doesn't mean that "player should be able to easily get legendary item every week" as written in the OP.
    yeah but the ones that are shit nobody cares about, they sit in banks doing nothing, nobody cares about those, they care about the ones that the specs are build around having

it was a bad design, it was bad when they did the same thing with set bonuses years ago