Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    According to the AngryJoe video, raiding is the worst part of the game so far.
    We really shouldn't listen to AngryJoe I mean he's given it the lowest score of any other reviewer, even Jim Sterling rated it higher. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    We really shouldn't listen to AngryJoe I mean he's given it the lowest score of any other reviewer, even Jim Sterling rated it higher. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.
    He also thoroughly played the game before reviewing it.

Everyone else, no offense to the great Jim-Fucking-Sterling-son, basically gave little more than a "first impressions".

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you aren't 260 yet, just equip whatever will increase your Power Level. Don't worry about looks, or bonuses. Just Power Level. Once you hit 260, you can start actually building you setup.
    You don't have to equip it. Just have it in inventory. It looks at best possible load out
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    He also thoroughly played the game before reviewing it.

Everyone else, no offense to the great Jim-Fucking-Sterling-son, basically gave little more than a "first impressions".
    It's not that we respect Jim's opinion it's the fact that he tends to be overly critical of games yet he still wound up giving the game a decent score. Based off streams AngryJoe didn't even know how to play the game properly and he didn't do the raid he just used footage from some friends who did.

It's not that we respect Jim's opinion it's the fact that he tends to be overly critical of games yet he still wound up giving the game a decent score. Based off streams AngryJoe didn't even know how to play the game properly and he didn't do the raid he just used footage from some friends who did.
    Friends who are arguably a lot more dedicated and hardcore than him. He doesn't have time to piss away on bullshit like that, guy can barely get reviews out as is and YES you can make a judgment call based upon viewing the experience of others.

He did however, play everything else BUT the raids and found it almost all wanting save for PvP. He seemed to praise that and that only. Mind you, he put in the time. A lot of people were throwing up reviews practically within the day after release; which, again, back to me arguing many reviews are little more than glorified "first impressions" while his was more patient and thorough.

I played Destiny myself. I already know the score with the second. Doesn't take a genius to figure it all out that it's more of the same with a few minor improvements making it arguably still the flawed money-grabber it was before. Slapping a '2' on it and dousing the market with advertising doesn't suddenly change that.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-17 at 06:11 PM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, Destiny 3 is in the works as we speak.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You can still earn them in-game like you could before, no?
    Yes and you get so many bright engrams [the things sold on the shop] just playing, that buying stuff from the store is really pointless unless you want everything day 1 for some crazy reason.

I've not spent a penny on silver and im swimming in store shaders/ships/sparrows/cosmetic gear, and the dust to buy more of them if i want. The complaints just seem to be "well what if they.." etc. It's entirely stupid and if that really makes people not want to play the game then id rather they didn't because they're usually an earache for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    According to the AngryJoe video, raiding is the worst part of the game so far.
    Well as someone who's actually played through the raid multiple times now and enjoyed every aspect of it im gonna have to disagree. The raid is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    Well as someone who's actually played through the raid multiple times now and enjoyed every aspect of it im gonna have to disagree. The raid is fantastic.
    Good to hear I swear everyone who says the raid is awful starts the sentences with "I haven't done the raid myself but...". I'd rather reserve judgement until I play through it myself. I remember King's Fall not looking fun but actually playing it myself was a much more enjoyable experience.

The guy makes a 45min review video and yet you say he doesn't know what hes talking about.

Can you tell me anything he said in the review that was wrong and time stamp it? Its fine if your opinion of the game is different then his, but your opinion doesn't make his wrong or uninformed.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to hear I swear everyone who says the raid is awful starts the sentences with "I haven't done the raid myself but...". I'd rather reserve judgement until I play through it myself. I remember King's Fall not looking fun but actually playing it myself was a much more enjoyable experience.
    Well I have done the raid and I think its pure shit. In my opinion its the 2nd worse raid Destiny has had, It would be top worse but Crota's End is still broken.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-17 at 06:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The guy makes a 45min review video and yet you say he doesn't know what hes talking about.

Can you tell me anything he said in the review that was wrong and time stamp it? Its fine if your opinion of the game is different then his, but your opinion doesn't make his wrong or uninformed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have done the raid and I think its pure shit. In my opinion its the 2nd worse raid Destiny has had, It would be top worse but Crota's End is still broken.
    The issue isn't that he got things wrong necessarily more like he refused to give the game a fair shot. Like he decided the game was bad then tried as hard as possible to prove that he was right. Watching him play is unbelievably frustrating:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eview/dn3s88s/

The issue isn't that he got things wrong necessarily more like he refused to give the game a fair shot. Like he decided the game was bad then tried as hard as possible to prove that he was right. Watching him play is unbelievably frustrating:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eview/dn3s88s/
    If he got nothing wrong how did he not give the game a fair shot? He clearly played it more then enough to make a informed opinion, another 100 hours would not change his opinion of the game at all.

So I ask if what his review said is true, then what are you and others bitching about? You can't say what his review said is true and at the same time say he didn't give it a fair shot. By that logic you wanted him to lie and give a more positive opinion. If you want that type of review go watch IGN or someone else.

Edit: I keep hearing (He didn't give the game a fair shot and I know because I watched his stream) but yet those same people openly admit they didn't watch his review. He praised the game on a lot of things (music being one of them).

Also a 6 isn't a bad score believe it or not.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-17 at 07:27 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If he got nothing wrong how did he not give the game a fair shot? He clearly played it more then enough to make a informed opinion, another 100 hours would not change his opinion of the game at all.

So I ask if what his review said is true, then what are you and others bitching about? You can't say what his review said is true and at the same time say he didn't give it a fair shot. By that logic you wanted him to lie and give a more positive opinion. If you want that type of review go watch IGN or someone else.

Edit: I keep hearing (He didn't give the game a fair shot and I know because I watched his stream) but yet those same people openly admit they didn't watch his review. He praised the game on a lot of things (music being one of them).
    We don't watch his reviews for obvious reasons, I'm not going to watch a 45 minute review just to prove he's wrong that's ridiculous. If he won't take the game seriously why should we take his review's seriously? Just because he gave it the lowest score? That doesn't make any sense.

We don't watch his reviews for obvious reasons, I'm not going to watch a 45 minute review just to prove he's wrong that's ridiculous. If he won't take the game seriously why should we take his review's seriously? Just because he gave it the lowest score? That doesn't make any sense.
    Why should we take Jim "praise be to him" Sterlings videos seriously then?

Also who the fuck is "we"? YOU don't watch his videos for obvious reasons.

Me personally I don't take any reviewers word as law because I don't see the point. I buy the game and if I like it then I like it. If I make a purchase I regret then so be it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-17 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why should we take Jim "praise be to him" Sterlings videos seriously then?

Also who the fuck is "we"? YOU don't watch his videos for obvious reasons.
    I only used Jim as an example because he's usually the one to give a well reviewed game the low score. I don't really pay attention to his reviews myself. The problem is AngryJoe gave the game a low score now you have people saying he's right because he's the only one to give it such a low score, it's silly.

I only used Jim as an example because he's usually the one to give a well reviewed game the low score. I don't really pay attention to his reviews myself. The problem is AngryJoe gave the game a low score now you have people saying he's right because he's the only one to give it such a low score, it's silly.
    Anyone saying a reviewer is 100% right is talking out their backside.

Reviewers are still throwing their own opinion into the mix. Maybe sometimes it's shared like with No Man's Sky for example and sometimes it's not.

Should never fully take a reviewers word as law. You should be capable of making up your own mind about a game. Reviews can help but you should never view them as a factual piece.

How do you know he didn't take the game seriously...YOU DIDN'T WATCH HIS REVIEW. All you did was (maybe) jump into his stream for 5mins and assume you knew his thoughts on the game.

Once more what did he say in his review that was wrong? Sounds like you only listen to reviews that echo your opinion and not anyone's who is different.

- - - Updated - - -

And you have people saying hes right and they don't give a shit he gave it a low score (like myself). Personally Destiny 2 is about a 7 for me (barely) and like I said early'er I can't disagree with anything Joe said really because its true. A lot of stuff he said about the game isn't opinion its factual. Example being the Raid is unrewarding as fuck because it is. Turns out the loot system in the raid is broken, But for the time spent ya its unrewarding.

If you are going to say someone's review is wrong then at lease watch the dam thing first. Otherwise you are just echoing the same shit reddit posts and clearly can't form your own opinion about something.

So once more ill ask.

What did he say that was wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Me personally I don't take any reviewers word as law because I don't see the point. I buy the game and if I like it then I like it. If I make a purchase I regret then so be it.
    Same, I do enjoy seeing what others thought about a game tho. I even ask my friends what they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mintilol View Post
    Every other title AJ has reviewed, that I've also played, he's been uncannily accurate. Everyone has different tastes and versions of "fun", however. But for me, at least, Angry Joe has similar tastes and views on what makes a game good. I'll trust his opinion, and stick with the tried and true method of waiting several months after a game launches before buying it. If the reviews that start filtering out after a few months keep saying the same thing, then I know not to buy.

I've seen too many cases of the hype train getting out of control to buy right away. Destiny 1, No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda, etc, etc. And besides, sometimes games get a whole hell of a lot better the longer they've been out, and had time for the devs to address their obvious screw ups.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-17 at 08:34 PM.

Also to add a 6 isn't a low score......

A 3 is a low score.

I just want my Pulse Rifle back as a secondary. Coldheart is friggin horrid and an ammo hog.

Keeping Sword as Hunter though. I don't care if it's bad for Gunslinger it's so damn fun.

I just want my Pulse Rifle back as a secondary. Coldheart is friggin horrid and an ammo hog.
    Try burst firing it on things that is a red HP bar. I found out that is a decent way to save its ammo.