Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I generally can never get into D&D games like Baldur's Gate. There's just something about the combat system that makes it impossible for me to get into it. It's a shame because I really enjoyed Planescape: Torment while it lasted, but I just can't do it.
    Also:

Dark Souls. Everyone hates when an RPG has a long, unskippable cutscene before a difficult boss. It was like that for me, except for every half a minute of getting my ass whooped by a boss, I had to go through 15 minutes (might be exaggerated) of killing the same skeletons over and over again. I beat the first boss (the minotaur on the bridge) and game said "Victory Achieved" and I called it there. Might've tried more if bonfires were closer to the bosses, but nope.
    Wouldn't say I don't mind difficulty, because I do, but I found some skeletons near the first campfire that were apparently way beyond what I should be fighting yet. And I had no problem coming at them until I killed them simply because it wasn't far to get back there.

Dragon's Dogma. It looked like something right up my alley, but somewhere between the story that never caught my attention in the first place, much less keep it; mission boards filled with "kill x things" and every other quest sending me to the other end of the planet; I found it boring and quit.

Overwatch. I do actually like it and find nothing really wrong with the game itself. It's just that I'm so bad at it I feel bad playing it. Doesn't help when after an awful performance I still get majority of the gold medals on my team...

A mention to Divinity: Original Sin. I mostly stopped because friend I was playing with decided to call it quits, but one of the reasons we did was because half the time it felt like we're fighting the UI rather than the actual enemies. Inaccurate healthbars, debuff timers, aoe range circles and moving models that frequently cause misclicking and moving instead of attack. There were some elemental enemies in particular where I had to time the click just right to hit it, because they kept doing backflips. Or frontflips. They were floating rocks essentially. Really?

7+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy games after 9. They are just... blaaargh. Been trying out FF14 and most of it is just... blaaargh. I just can't stand their art design and their attempts on writing great stories are just not something I can stand since it just goes wrong. I also don't much like the "pretty boy" thing everyone seems to get.

Dishonored. I heard nice stuff about them - at least the first game. But there's nothing that really captures me with it, dunno why.

Bloodborne. I don't understand why fully - I LOVE Dark Souls, but whenever I look at people play this game I just... show absolutely no care and I lose all interests in it straight away. Which is a shame given how much I really, really like the Dark Souls series.

Crusader Kings II. I really enjoy the medieval times and I see people really enjoy this game. I tried it a bit and then refunded it because I don't know what's happening or what's going on. Even when I've watched Let's Plays I didn't even know what to do.

MOBA games. I can play games like Diablo just fine, but put me into a moba game and I just feel like getting kicked in the crotch a thousand times more enjoyable, despite the many times my friends tried to get me to play League, Dota 2 or HotS.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Crusader Kings II. I really enjoy the medieval times and I see people really enjoy this game. I tried it a bit and then refunded it because I don't know what's happening or what's going on. Even when I've watched Let's Plays I didn't even know what to do.
    The only game where I watched video guides on YouTube and still didn't know what even the first thing I should do is.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Zelda games. Like they're fine, but they just don't grab me because I didn't grow up with them I guess. My friend begged me to play through Ocarina because it's his favourite game, and I beat it, but was never that excited about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Every FPS ever. I've tried dozens throughout the years and never enjoyed or felt comfortable playing them. This means I suck at them, which in turn makes me dislike them more. It sucks, because pretty much all of my friends play FPS's. Thanks for making me feel bad asshole.

Swtor. I want to enjoy it so much, I've even tried going back several times... I just can't do it. Such a waste of development time and money, when it could have been so much better. Damnit now I'm pissed off.

I'm not certain if there is something with free Roam like Need for Speed Underground 2 with personal car tuning, purchasing, including time trials, drift races and the like, in a modern day title. It's sad that most developers are turning their heads at titles that once housed these aspects are now focusing on static racing games. Or at least, from my experience this is the case.

EVE - As an MMO, it's almost perfect for me. Hate the gameplay though, way to slow for me, probably should have been squad baseso ot plays like a slow rts.

Guild Wars 2 - Opposite of EVE, perfect gameplay, good MMO aspects, endgame lost it's appeal to me.

Monster Hunter - Can't stand it with the 3ds graphics and action controls. Will try it out once it's on the PC. Also have my eye on Dauntless.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final fantasy as a series

I loved Final Fantasy 1 the remake on GBA and it is a dated as fuck game. I fuckin loved it though and beat it like 7 times. I also watched my younger brother who was more into these games play 10 and it was cool

then I played final fantasy 2......... the remake on the same cartridge as my beloved ff1. I hate final fantasy as a series with the exception of 1.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to get myself into Shadowrun: Dragonfall, but...It's not my kind of game. I like the setting, anything with a cyberpunk tag has my attention, but this one is meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    EVE - As an MMO, it's almost perfect for me.
    I'm in a similar boat, but its not gameplay, its the way skills work that ruined it for me.

I love the concept, the sandbox, the ships, etc... Just can't get into the skill system of just passive time sink skills learned while you afk.

Like yeah, in a few weeks you can get access to mid range ships and mid range weapons... But that is meaningless if you don't have all the supporting skills to go with it and that takes months just to get in a decent enough spot and several more months after that to min/max.

And that is months of real time just spent waiting... It doesn't matter if you play the game 24/7 or log in once every few weeks to add skills to your skill queue... You make the same "progress"... I absolutely hated that.

Uncharted: The lost Legacy
    Maybe it's my unpopular opinion but it's to much like Uncharted 4 to me. If it was just DLC like it was before they changed it, it would have been fine. But €40 for a short version of a game I already got is just meh to me.

Games with too many side missions
    I know whine much But I just dislike it when my map gets clustered with mini map icons with too many things to do I am a completionist by heart so i try to do them all which just makes me lose interest in the game.

Notable nominations to: Skyrim and Kingdom of Amalur. It's not that I don't like these games it's just that for some reason I can't keep interest long enough to finish them, probably has to do with what I mentioned above that there is just to much to do.

Signature made by Hinoto.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Multiplayer open world survival games like ARK, Rust, et cetera.

First of all they're often badly optimized, eternally in early access and look kinda half-finished. This puts me off any game.

But most importantly, I cannot play these games for physical reasons. Instead of relaxing and enjoying my time - as one should with games - I am constantly looking over my shoulder, keeping myself hidden at every single opportunity and fearing going out into the open in these games. I both physically and mentally get stressed out in no time.

Not to mention that these games are usually filled with <16 year olds that love nothing more than to F your day up.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

All the Witcher games.

A lot of people act like they're better than sex, and I do have a massive and I mean MASSIVE amount of respect for CDProjeckt Red as one of the finest game companies in the world who puts customers first and don't do scumbag tactics like pre-order bullshit, day-1 DLC, micro-transaction lootboxes on a single-player game, etc etc. I want to like their so far only IP, and want to support them.

But I played the original first Witcher and couldn't stand neither the plot (Which I found unrelatable) nor its characters (Gerald just acts like a piece of wood on two legs). Tried to get into the sequel, and the exact same thing happened, with a combat I couldn't get into, and a plot that I found horribly boring.

So I haven't tried to get into the third game and I likely wont, as the first two failed to grab me and as part of a trilogy I feel as if I wont really enjoy the story as much if I didn't play the first two games. I'm also annoyed at how the first game treated women like a pokemon collecting mini-game and nobody gave a shit. But then lets have Quiet show some skin in MGS V, and everyone flipped the fuck out. But that's material for another day and another time.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Fallout/Elder scrolls. Floaty, boring combat, terrible animations/graphics, shallow rpg-mechanics, copy-paste dungeons, and lazy writing.

They have potential to be good, but Bethesda is such a terrible company, I have no idea why people love these games. Especially considering how great Witcher-3/Breath of the wild were in terms of holding open-world games to a higher standard, if the next elder scrolls game is basically Skyrim 2.0, that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Its urgent Appeal

now a days most trending one is blue whale game pl be aware and dont download it and play that game it may ruin your life you can see how to protect child from this game

Skyrim. i've been playing Elder Scrolls games since Daggerfall, but i just can't get into Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post

First of all they're often badly optimized, eternally in early access and look kinda half-finished. This puts me off any game.

But most importantly, I cannot play these games for physical reasons. Instead of relaxing and enjoying my time - as one should with games - I am constantly looking over my shoulder, keeping myself hidden at every single opportunity and fearing going out into the open in these games. I both physically and mentally get stressed out in no time.

Not to mention that these games are usually filled with <16 year olds that love nothing more than to F your day up.
    You nailed this pretty much except the bold, kids actually dont have enough time to really do this. its usually adults with too much free time, work from home, or dont have a job lol. That and the chinese, the chinese constantly swap and invade servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Splatoon. Didn't enjoy it, don't get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post

Agreed totally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Overwatch. I like that it has virtually infinite replayability, but the battles and such can get too frustrating so I stopped playing about a month after release.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama