Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Erm source? Because GameSpot is owned by CBS (their SF offices are in the CBS building on 2nd St.), and CBS definitely does not own Hot Topic. Just checked and it looks like they're owned by some random investment firm called Sycamore Partners, and I don't see see any direct connection to CBS.
    Shit your right my bad, I must have mixed it up and it was Hot Topic trying to buy TG but it was GS. Still looks like HT puked in most Gamestop's by me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    No 1 ever gonna get them

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I really don't see a market for this.. except nostalgia nerds who buy anything.. the biggest problem is the fact it doesn't play original cartridges.. I have a whole collection of hundreds of cartridges and wouldn't mind a updated NES/SNES with modern TV support that still accepted original cartridges. Preferably also original controllers but I could live with new ones IF it were actual USB controllers, but no.. they went with another non standard system..
    1. Lots of great games in a tight little package. If you've ever had a SNES, you know how it can be to keep your cartridges from becoming cluttered.

2. Official Star Fox 2 release, exclusive to the SNES Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    1. Lots of great games in a tight little package. If you've ever had a SNES, you know how it can be to keep your cartridges from becoming cluttered.

2. Official Star Fox 2 release, exclusive to the SNES Classic.
    Well if they wanted it to be a real success it should have included ALL games (if you don't allow actual original cartridges). Not as if it takes that much storage.. and if you REALLY wanted to make the definite version you would need to add a usb port from where you can read "homebrew" software.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/n...hacked-3288677 I figured it would be just as hackable as the nes classic. Good news everyone you can have chrono trigger on it now.

Idk y they r wasting their time on this, they should instead be adding snes support and all their old systems for the switch. Then it might actually be worth buying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Idk y they r wasting their time on this, they should instead be adding snes support and all their old systems for the switch. Then it might actually be worth buying
    Idk man, maybe because NES classic sold like fucking hot cakes and people might not care much about the switch but do care about the SNES as a 90's symbol a bit more?
    here in my country the usual was come from school at around 3 pm, do chores, then play some soccer and then you'd go to your best friend house to play street fighter or mario kart or donkey kong country as 2p, SNES oozes nostalgia.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    That's exactly why they're doing it. They're getting everyone hyped for older games and then the virtual console support will hit the switch and you can buy the games all over again in typical nintendo fashion.

They're increasing stock on both the NES and SNES I hear.
    Scalpers beware

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Scalpers beware
    maybe this time they'll release 20 units per store instead of what was it 6?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Please.....6 is being generous. Most stores in my area only got 2-3 units per shipment (of which they only got VERY few). One actually only got one NES Classic in on a shipment.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Scalpers beware
    ill believe it when I see it..
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No 1 ever gonna get them
    I'm getting one from my gamestop
    Mostly getting it cause nostalgia since my brother sold our snes and +30 games for a stupid PlayStation with only 1 game.
    I also wanted to show my nieces the games I played back when I was kid without letting touch my
    computer
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2017-09-17 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Why not re-release the real deal? A SNES (and NES) and the games separate on cartridges.

People will absolutely buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why not re-release the real deal? A SNES (and NES) and the games separate on cartridges.

That is far more work, and more money investment, for something that less people would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    The NES classic isn't even over 1 mil WW I don't think.

6 per store, nice joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

You can't even buy the new parts in those systems in this day and age. You either have to repair the damaged parts or buy some used ones. They aren't being manufactured.

They could release emulated boxes like they currently have with cartridge slots but there is very little point in them doing that as they don't benefit off sales of used SNES/NES games and they certainly aren't going to be producing those carts in 2017 when they already have massive production line issues.

The more reasonable thing would be allowing these things to connect to the internet, access the eshop and buy from an increasing library of games as time go's on. That still ain't happening though, these things are literally just to drum up interest and foot traffic to Nintendo sections. They're not meant to be widely produced and bought systems.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-18 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That is far more work, and more money investment, for something that less people would buy.
    Not really. The $$ sink back then was development of the games themselves. The cartridges and systems were fairly cheap and would be even moreso now (hello chinese labor) They have all the games developed and the console already mastered, would just require some basic equipment and a marketing campaign.

As for less people, have you not noticed the INSANE industry that is the vintage game market? The one that Nintendo makes exactly ZERO dollars from? Not to mention the near hysteria with the release of the NES Classic and the fact everyone and their uncle sold out presales of SNES Classics within 1 hour of being posted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The NES classic isn't even over 1 mil WW I don't think.

6 per store, nice joke.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't even buy the new parts in those systems in this day and age. You either have to repair the damaged parts or buy some used ones. They aren't being manufactured.

They could release emulated boxes like they currently have with cartridge slots but there is very little point in them doing that as they don't benefit off sales of used SNES/NES games and they certainly aren't going to be producing those carts in 2017 when they already have massive production line issues.
    You can. You either have to be willing to shell out a small fortune for them or accept 3rd party replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Not really. The $$ sink back then was development of the games themselves. The cartridges and systems were fairly cheap and would be even moreso now (hello chinese labor) They have all the games developed and the console already mastered, would just require some basic equipment and a marketing campaign.

As for less people, have you not noticed the INSANE industry that is the vintage game market? The one that Nintendo makes exactly ZERO dollars from? Not to mention the near hysteria with the release of the NES Classic and the fact everyone and their uncle sold out presales of SNES Classics within 1 hour of being posted?
    I'm not talking about compared from then to now, or development costs even for the game.

I'm talking about how now we have such large amounts of storage for so cheap, it would make little to no sense to divide it onto separate cartridges.

Maybe if each cartridge has several games on it, could be worth it and allows for longer support, but otherwise one game per cartridge is really just odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    The cartridges and systems were fairly cheap
    Stopped reading right there.

The cartridges where not cheap, not even close. There is a reason SNES and N64 games costed a small fortune when adjusted to inflation. Up to as high as $89.99 in 1990s money.

RE2 on the N64 was by all means a shittier version of the PS1 counter part yet costed $30 more because of the massive cost difference between producing carts vs printing CDs. Please stop with this non sense.

It also wouldn't be "cheaper" to make in this day and age. Chinese labor was already cheap in the 90s. The expensive part is all the proprietary parts you would have to mass produce just for the sake of making an authentic retro cartridge. Literally not worth it in the least. Fake chinese carts can be produced cheaply because they aren't made in massive batches like Nintendo would be expected to produce and they're just reverse engineering/refurbishing old parts they had laying around not literally making brand new ones.

Nintendo's game cards for the Switch are already becoming an issue with how much they cost to produce(and those are using modern flash memory technology not fucking proprietary board based carts) and dude is literally talking about opening up production lines to make authentic retro carts LMFAO. If they ever go down that route I hope you enjoy your $150 carts that you would have been better off buying CIB on ebay for the most part.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-18 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Stopped reading right there.

The cartridges where not cheap, not even close. There is a reason SNES and N64 games costed a small fortune when adjusted to inflation. Up to as high as $89.99 in 1990s money.

RE2 on the N64 was by all means a shittier version of the PS1 counter part yet costed $30 more because of the massive cost difference between producing carts vs printing CDs. Please stop with this non sense.

It also wouldn't be "cheaper" to make in this day and age. Chinese labor was already cheap in the 90s. The expensive part is all the proprietary parts you would have to mass produce just for the sake of making an authentic retro cartridge. Literally not worth it in the least. Fake chinese carts can be produced cheaply because they aren't made in massive batches like Nintendo would be expected to produce and they're just reverse engineering/refurbishing old parts they had laying around not literally making brand new ones.

Nintendo's game cards for the Switch are already becoming an issue with how much they cost to produce(and those are using modern flash memory technology not fucking proprietary board based carts) and dude is literally talking about opening up production lines to make authentic retro carts LMFAO. If they ever go down that route I hope you enjoy your $150 carts that you would have been better off buying CIB on ebay for the most part.
    Probably should have kept reading, you might have learned something.... Try and pay attention this time... MAKING THE PHYSICAL COPIES was the cheap part, DESIGNING AND CODING THE GAME was the expensive part, they used sales price to RECOUP THE COST OF DESIGNING THE GAME AND TO MAKE PROFIT.