Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Keeping our artifacts for next EXP

Is this a possibility that we keep them but blizz will extend the artifact trees and give us new skins?!

Let me know ur thoughts
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Fuck no.

Honestly hate this system of the constant need to "grind" to keep the game relevant.

Deleted
    I think blizzard was pretty clear on that we wont keep our artifacts for the next expansion. I think they mentioned regretting their decision because it removed the fun of finding cool weapons to use. Can't know for sure though we'll have to see at the end of the expansion.

Personally I dont mind seeing them go. I like the skins but couldnt care less about relics, the traits or the AP farm. Happy to see it go even.

I think it's possible the system returns, they did say artifact weapons won't return next expac but notice the wording on that. The system may stay as it's one of the most successful things to come out of Legion. As to how it'll stay, i'm unsure. Maybe it will be tied to a different item slot like rings or it may not be tied to an item at all and become a standalone feature.

Nothing is confirmed at this point though, whether it will stay or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Fuck no.

Honestly hate this system of the constant need to "grind" to keep the game relevant.
    If you're grinding, you're doing it wrong. There is not a grind anymore, unless you're just bored as fuck.

Last time Blizz talked about it, artifacts are not stating but we will still be able to xmog all the appearances we've earned. I, for one, am happy about it but I hope we don't just get new AP in a new talent tree as the grind is just too much for some people. I don't mind having things to do outside of raids (when I used to raid), but I want those things to be purely optional, not borderline mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    If you're grinding, you're doing it wrong. There is not a grind anymore, unless you're just bored as fuck.
    Obviously not now... but it incredibly sucked in the earlier part of Legion, prior to 7.3 ... especially for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Obviously not now... but it incredibly sucked in the earlier part of Legion, prior to 7.3 ... especially for alts.
    It was even less needed in 7.2.5. Once you unlocked concordance, there was no point in actively pursuing AP.

Anyway, Artifacts themselves are definitely going away after Legion. We'll most likely get a replacement system with the same purpose, though.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-09-17 at 09:07 PM.

Ill just wait AK 55, theres no need for me to do anything until there

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    From one side, I like my whispering knife.

From another side, I can't transmog the Twilight Hammer on a dagger, so fuck this whole system. Let me wield the Hammer already.

Deleted
    We wont have artifacts in 8.0 but I am pretty sure Blizzard will keep the grinding system is some way. A lot of players got on everyday just to farm AP.

I would like it if the system remained as another collector's perk, e.g. go around the world hunting for artifact items to add to our collection (actual weapons, armor, transmog skins, etc.).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is this a possibility that we keep them but blizz will extend the artifact trees and give us new skins?!

Let me know ur thoughts
    No. We will never see shitty garbage artifacts again.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    If they extend this mess of a meme RNG system into another expac I might actually have to consider convincing my entire guild to quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    If they extend this mess of a meme RNG system into another expac I might actually have to consider convincing my entire guild to quit the game.
    I'm cool with a bit of rng.. This was a mess tho and anything close to it next xpac I'll probably join you in retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I'm cool with a bit of rng.. This was a mess tho and anything close to it next xpac I'll probably join you in retirement.
    While there is plenty of RNG, Artifacts themselves are pretty much entirely devoid of it. So whatever you're thinking of, it isn't artifacts.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with added the Artifact system is that they are hard to remove. I say that because it fills a major part of the experience that players have done for an entire expansion and to remove it with out something similar in place would leave a large gap for players. Some might support it because they don't like the Artifacts but it would feel weird to just go back to pre-Artifacts.

It doesn't have to be tied to a weapon, or even any equip slot. I think artifacts (and garrison/orders) will be around in one form or another. Garrisons/Orders they could phase out even more next expansion. But artifacts will need one or two expansions to safely remove in my mind.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard already confirmed our current artifact weapons will not go past legion. However, that doesn't mean they won't give us something similar like they did with Order Halls from Garrisons.

You will be able to transmog artifact skins that you unlocked during Legion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the artifact system of unlocking buffs and abilities through various nodes as a companion to just raw XP gain. I hope we see that continued. There's no need to tie it to a particular weapon though, although I didn't mind it at all. In fact, I liked the big emphasis put on weapons and unlocking their various appearances.