Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nothing in reagards to classes and races. Maybe updated goblins and worgens at most.
    Erm, that seems extremely lackluster, so I doubt that. I mean people were unhappy with only getting the updated models in WoD so I doubt they'd do that again with only something for goblins and worgen.

Are you just managing your expectations so you'll be surprised when it's something else?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Queue the Taylor Swift song!

And:

Skadoosh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Are you just managing your expectations so you'll be surprised when it's something else?
    Nah, I'm fully convinced that no class or race will/needs to be introduced, except the worgen/goblin updates. If they DO introduce new class/race I will be actually surprised.
    I think more time will be invested into content as a whole, especially world itself. Probably extending/improving WQ system, more/bigger locations and so on.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2017-09-17 at 10:04 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Nah, I'm fully convinced that no class or race will/needs to be introduced, except the worgen/goblin updates. If they DO introduce new class/race I will be actually surprised.
    I think more time will be invested into content as a whole, especially world itself. Probably extending/improving WQ system, more/bigger locations and so on.
    You are a bizarre individual. Those types of things are what they typically add alongside a new class/race/something, it seems strange to want only for them to focus on that aspect.

To be honest, at the very least, I feel like we'll see an expanded character customization that allows us to fulfill the "subrace" type feel for various races that it would fit for. Like being able to use the Lightforged appearances for draenei, eye color for the elves, skin tones for dwarves, etc.

You are a bizarre individual. Those types of things are what they typically add alongside a new class/race/something, it seems strange to want only for them to focus on that aspect.

To be honest, at the very least, I feel like we'll see an expanded character customization that allows us to fulfill the "subrace" type feel for various races that it would fit for. Like being able to use the Lightforged appearances for draenei, eye color for the elves, skin tones for dwarves, etc.
    I found the lightforged draenei intriguing as well, but then Ion commented on them on gamescom. I find subraces also unlikely for various reasons. For example will they have enough sub races for everyone? How will they be introduced? Lets take maghars, they cant really start in durotar or Taunkas starting in mulgore. They would have to make new starting experience for them. Character customization within the limits is plausible though.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I found the lightforged draenei intriguing as well, but then Ion commented on them on gamescom. I find subraces also unlikely for various reasons. For example will they have enough sub races for everyone? How will they be introduced? Lets take maghars, they cant really start in durotar or Taunkas starting in mulgore. They would have to make new starting experience for them. Character customization within the limits is plausible though.
    Haha, I never said they would add subraces, I doubt they every will.

No, I said I feel like they will expand customization for the races they can to give the impression of subraces. That's why I said "the 'subrace' type feel", as for races that don't have enough lore to merit that feel... They will likely just give them more faces, hair styles, tattoos, or some such other thing to make them feel unique (lol), I also definitely don't believe they will give us new starting zones for any sort of subrace unless they just give us entirely new starting experiences altogether.

Be neat if they redid Blood Elf and Draenei starting experiences though, that way the map could be added to the existing one, but this is something I also heavily doubt.

Haha, I never said they would add subraces, I doubt they every will.

No, I said I feel like they will expand customization for the races they can to give the impression of subraces. That's why I said "the 'subrace' type feel", as for races that don't have enough lore to merit that feel... They will likely just give them more faces, hair styles, tattoos, or some such other thing to make them feel unique (lol), I also definitely don't believe they will give us new starting zones for any sort of subrace unless they just give us entirely new starting experiences altogether.

Be neat if they redid Blood Elf and Draenei starting experiences though, that way the map could be added to the existing one, but this is something I also heavily doubt.
    I didn't say you said they will add them, it was just my general opinion on subraces. Yeah, more customization is most definitely possible, but I dont see them adding maghar skin for orcs or highmountain tauren horns. Just more cutomization within acceptable limits.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Okay so I'm pretty confident in a few things:

Blizzard plan two expansions in advance, Metzen said "The events of Legion will lead into the next expansion"

Based on Legion, the next logical expansion should be fighting against the light, and maybe meeting the titans, and fighting sargeras.
    exactly where this happens is a complete unknown. It's not Argus, it's not Draenor, it's not Azeroth, it might be a completely new foreign world the legion hasn't
    accessed yet, although I seriously doubt it.

10 more levels.
    no new class or hero class, we just had one.
    subraces is stupid and it's too much investment on blizzards behalf.
    same with any major modification to the existing world.
    no new race, it's far too late for us to get one.
    As for any new features, nothing major at all.

As for my speculations:
    There's no way we're going back or forward in time.
    It's not going to be a second Cataclysm, Blizzard don't want to invest that much, so i doubt it's going to be on Azeroth.

Main characters are going to be Velen, Anduin, Wrathion, Bolvar.

What I would personally love to see is another story set in Outland, where Outland is recovering from the Legion, where Illidain returns to the black temple this time as an ally, and we fight the legion on a recreated, recovering outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Okay so I'm pretty confident in a few things:

Blizzard plan two expansions in advance, Metzen said "The events of Legion will lead into the next expansion"

Based on Legion, the next logical expansion should be fighting against the light, and maybe meeting the titans, and fighting sargeras.
    exactly where this happens is a complete unknown. It's not Argus, it's not Draenor, it's not Azeroth, it might be a completely new foreign world the legion hasn't
    accessed yet, although I seriously doubt it.

10 more levels.
    no new class or hero class, we just had one.
    subraces is stupid and it's too much investment on blizzards behalf.
    same with any major modification to the existing world.
    no new race, it's far too late for us to get one.
    As for any new features, nothing major at all.

As for my speculations:
    There's no way we're going back or forward in time.
    It's not going to be a second Cataclysm, Blizzard don't want to invest that much, so i doubt it's going to be on Azeroth.

Main characters are going to be Velen, Anduin, Wrathion, Bolvar.

What I would personally love to see is another story set in Outland, where Outland is recovering from the Legion, where Illidain returns to the black temple this time as an ally, and we fight the legion on a recreated, recovering outland.
    It's more likely we'll fight forces of the Void if we look at what the heck is going on at the end is Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    meeting the titans, and fighting sargeras.
    We get to meet all of them in Antorus. And they will jail sargeras.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    I hope the creation of a new engine is a part of the next expansion. That'd be rad.
    First off, don't be mad, you have one less thing to worry about keeping clean and or groomed.

Second, at best DX12, at best. I am hoping that maybe the rumor/leaks about Real Time Lighting are true though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's more likely we'll fight forces of the Void if we look at what the heck is going on at the end is Legion.
    I really wanna know how they are going to make Zandalar and Kul'tiras work with the Void. It seems like such a crazy angle to me.

- - - Updated Again: Elemental Voodoobadoo - - -

I like to keep all the 'leaks' I read bookmarked, and this one hopped out at me today reading through it. Would actually make a bit of sense why the mounts are a thing if this one was the case. World-of-Warcraft: The Fallen Defenders
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-09-17 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanna know how they are going to make Zandalar and Kul'tiras work with the Void. It seems like such a crazy angle to me.

This is a stretch but possibly some Kul'tiras cult or something worships/values the VOid and they practice it's magic but it's causing trouble for the Island/continent. As for Zandalar, well Rastakhan or the Prophet Zul uses the void. For Rastakhan he uses it to protect Zandalari and what's left of it. Zul would use it as a last ditch effort to reclaim glory for Trolls.

Again it's a stretch but I came up with it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah but we all know you enjoy eating shit sandwhiches.
    I dont remember eating your mom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    IF we get Void as a main plot at all.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This is a stretch but possibly some Kul'tiras cult or something worships/values the VOid and they practice it's magic but it's causing trouble for the Island/continent. As for Zandalar, well Rastakhan or the Prophet Zul uses the void. For Rastakhan he uses it to protect Zandalari and what's left of it. Zul would use it as a last ditch effort to reclaim glory for Trolls.

Again it's a stretch but I came up with it.
    Kul'tiras sounds like a side plot tbh, and Zandalar kind of sounds like a massive betrayal of kinship especially when you look at shit like; Aqir and Troll War

If we get Void as a main plot at all.
    I am sure we will see it. Its when not if.

I like to keep all the 'leaks' I read bookmarked, and this one hopped out at me today reading through it. Would actually make a bit of sense why the mounts are a thing if this one was the case. World-of-Warcraft: The Fallen Defenders
    Why? It's not like Horde/Alliance mounts are a new thing. Those mounts work for pretty much any expansion that involves islands more than they indicate some renewed Alliance/Horde conflict. Also, how does someone know something as specific as one the zones is "hinted to be the island where RHonin and Krasus land and encountered horror creatures" and know the exact mechanisms of Frontline Zones and the faction raids, but not know if a main expansion feature like subraces is involved?

I dont remember eating your mom.
    Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why? It's not like Horde/Alliance mounts are a new thing. Those mounts work for pretty much any expansion that involves islands more than they indicate some renewed Alliance/Horde conflict. Also, how does someone know something as specific as one the zones is "hinted to be the island where RHonin and Krasus land and encountered horror creatures" and know the exact mechanisms of Frontline Zones and the faction raids, but not know if a main expansion feature like subraces is involved?
    Just something interesting. Not saying its happening. Just something neat. Ya know... for speculation?
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-09-17 at 11:32 PM.

Just something interesting. Not saying its happening. Just something neat. Ya know... for speculation?
    Not saying you shouldn't speculate, I'm just expressing skepticism at this particular leak.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's the problem though isn't it.

Some races have wayyyyy more options.

Humans have pretty much none. Different skin colour/voices is not "equal" to a Taunkka on a Tauren.
    I don't really see why that's a problem. Races are already inherently imabalanced, some have way more class options (dwarves, trolls), some have far more customization options (humans, undead vs Tauren, trolls). There's imbalances all over their associated stuff (four have no main city, worgen have reskinned horses as mount-mounts, wildly varying amounts of lore and story relevance across the board).

What matters more is that they are fairly balanced across faction lines.

i.e. some have only skin options
    Draenei, Night Elves (Nightborne)
    Orcs, Goblins.

Some have slightly alternate models
    Mechagnomes, Earthen
    Taunka, Forest Trolls

Some have fairly different models
    Vrykul
    Alternate Undead

and some have only more features/options
    Blood Elves
    Worgen
    Pandaren

I feel like there may be this odd conflict floating around the Speculation thread. We do understand that any of us could potentially be close to the mark, right? Or we could be as wrong as those who speculated prior to Mists of Pandaria.

Someone else being "right" about something in the end doesn't necessarily mean your idea wont also potentially happen. It's all for fun.

I feel like there may be this odd conflict floating around the Speculation thread. We do understand that any of us could potentially be close to the mark, right? Or we could be as wrong as those who speculated prior to Mists of Pandaria.

Someone else being "right" about something in the end doesn't necessarily mean your idea wont also potentially happen. It's all for fun.
    Actually. There is no need to speculate. We got the title and login screen years ago now. This whole thread is pointless pls close.

https://i.imgur.com/2xqsNTI.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I don't think we'll get new races. I do think we'll get new sub races though, but only in the form of additional character customization options.
    Agreed. 10 chars.