Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I also have the feeling Quins team was some rag tag last minute setup. I watched him practise the first few weeks after invitational was announced and from what i remember he was running quite a different setup back then, than the setup they actually ran in the proving grounds. I don't know exactly what the seeding was in the tourney itself, but i reckon as a lower ranked team in the proving grounds he was facing a higher ranked one and personally i wouldnt have tought they actually had a chance and their first match was kinda unexpected for me to see them coming so close a jury decision was needed with numbers behind the .

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    And which 100m sprint lasts 30 minutes?
    They measure the 2 hour marathon to the millisecond too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    No one in their team played well, but with more experience, maybe they'll have a better chance next time. Quin needs to practice rogue, and his tank needs to practice where to pull more to help quin st more.
    And their BM hunter has to practice not to die twice on Xavius.

I really enjoy overall watching the MDI for the moment, a lot of different setups and group comps (it's refreshing to see things a bit unexpected like arcane mage, or the tank variety). However some stomps make this MDI less interesting (Ook in lower kara was painful to watch, with the wipe on opera on non tyrannical for example).
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-09-17 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting why the hunter felt that he was too special to use prydaz on xavius unlike literally every other player

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why is OCE even allowed it's own region when they're this horrible lmao
    They don't have their own region, there just isn't really many teams from other areas included in APAC.

You can participate in the tournament in the “APAC Region” if, as of July 25,
    2017 you are a legal resident of Hong Kong, Macau, Korea, Taiwan, New
    Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia, Vietnam and
    Indonesia, excluding where otherwise prohibited or restricted.
    from the rule book

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Obviously they're going to be part of this region for time zone reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    And their BM hunter has to practice not to die twice on Xavius.

I really enjoy overall watching the MDI for the moment, a lot of different setups and group comps (it's refreshing to see things a bit unexpected like arcane mage, or the tank variety). However some stomps make this MDI less interesting (Ook in lower kara was painful to watch, with the wipe on opera on non tyrannical for example).
    Usually group stages have a lot of stomps for sure.

And yeah BM needed to do a lot better, I didn't list that because it was part of the many obvious issues they had :P

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Free Marsy is a pain to watch. Damn.
    Brath, the guardian druid for Free Marsy was lagging.
    He DC'ed at 5% at the end of the Lower Kara, his teammates didn't know.

That's why the game had a delayed start.
    He was running from a USB dongle for their games vs Honestly, still lagging.

You can see some of the points of where he spikes:
    After 2nd boss in CoEN, he LoS's the imps, 6 volcanic spawn under him and he only just moves out (clipping 1).
    2nd last boss on CoEN, standing in the shield after the AOE has gone out.

Would've been good to see the team at full capacity, but maybe on the finals weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Jesus fucking christ this utter retardation from Rich needs to end. Why would you bring in someone who knows NOTHING about this game to cast it? Yes, Honestly trashed the fuck out of lower by just going slow and doing INSANE damage, except no they made big pulls, they just had a much better strategy and made no mistakes. It turns out when you don't wipe over and over and skip huge areas of time consuming trash that gives very little percent that you crush the timer. SHOCKER.

Welcome to World of Warcraft Rich, why not shut the fuck up and pay attention to what's going on so you can say something not retarded for once?
    You're going to die very early of stress :joy: just ride it out bro its just a game lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    You're going to die very early of stress :joy: just ride it out bro its just a game lmao
    Yeah but we can't enjoy half of it without muting the stream because Rich is there retarding it up and lowering the IQ of everyone in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Yeah but we can't enjoy half of it without muting the stream because Rich is there retarding it up and lowering the IQ of everyone in the audience.
    Rich has the best hair. I enjoy his screen time.

Aussies to represent well in the finals in 2 weeks

Im enjoying it quite a lot, much more than the pvp events.

But i have to ask why is the stream UI so fucking bad?
    Are they deliberately not showing interesting things like big cooldowns, debuffs, and talent choices or did they simply think that viewers would not want to see this information?
    I don't know if the tech exists but itd be nice to be able to open multiple streams and have the camera in full view the entire time if our bandwith allows, only seeing one teams run in a tiny corner and then having camera swapped at shocking times got really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    But i have to ask why is the stream UI so fucking bad?
    Because Blizzard would rather not spend what would (probably) be a few hundred thousand dollars of developer time to create a useful spectator mode. This becomes apparent when you see that the prize pool is only 100 grand. That's literally nothing.

They're trying to promote their game without spending a lot of money. Games like Smite have a multi-million dollar prize pool when they only get a couple thousand viewers for their grand finales. Blizzard are just money-grubbing Jews.

Edit: but to be fair it would most likely be a large technical problem to solve. As far as I'm aware their spectators are just invisible characters floating around and the camera is the first-person camera from that players point of view. The information available to those clients is not sufficient to create a spectator mode from a normal GM entity. They would have to build new technology from the ground up that would allow insight into various states of the game. They've probably considered implementing a more robust spectator mode, but, frankly they'd be better off spending the developer time and money on things that improve the game in general for all players, not just those watching the Invitational.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-09-19 at 01:45 PM.

Because Blizzard would rather not spend what would (probably) be a few hundred thousand dollars of developer time to create a useful spectator mode. This becomes apparent when you see that the prize pool is only 100 grand. That's literally nothing.
    A lot of this feels like a test, to check interest levels in the tournament, and see if it's even worth putting more money into. Apparently it isn't a very large group of people running it. Seems under-funded, like Blizz weren't sure it would work out, but are giving it a chance, and maybe if there's enough interest, they'll put in more for next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    A lot of this feels like a test, to check interest levels in the tournament
    100k split among 5 people is really nothing interesting, that's sort of the problem. They should have done bare minimum 250k. I guarantee you more players would have cared to participate if that were the case.

"100k is nothing lol" I read here, yet these same people would love it if they could earn even 20 dollars with their gameplay.. the irony

100k split among 5 people is really nothing interesting, that's sort of the problem. They should have done bare minimum 250k. I guarantee you more players would have cared to participate if that were the case.
    Wasn't it a 100k prizepool? So less for the winner? Tbf even 10k across 5 people is quite interesting, for playing a video game. They'll likely do it again, and rise the prize pool (and by interest, I also meant how many viewers)

While it may not be interesting to you, that's a lot of money to a lot of people, money they'll get for playing a game they enjoy, with mates. It's definitely of interest. Yes if you boost the prize pool, and give actually good notice before the invitational, more will participate, better groups would show.

I think giving much more notice before the invitational alone, would boost the skill level of participants.

Who cares about the prize money :-) prize money is overrated and sometimes exaggerated.

Terrible UI hugely lowering the quality of the viewing experience. Talents, major CDs, gear choices etc are essential in order to understand what's going on, why and how certain things are happening, what are the pulling strats and why. Right now we only see 5 ppl running around killing shit and sometimes they die for reasons unknown. Seriously it's depressing to see Blizzard fuck up because of laziness something that if done correctly could attract alot of interest and marketability.