Poll: Which is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like Blood and Frost. Not too fond of Unholy.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two handed frost and Blood DPS

Loved them both to death. Taken away from me. Q_Q

Still, Unholy rocks even though it might not be my favorite. I liked it more when we had Bone Armor, more diseases, Desecration, Shadow of Undeath, Ghoul Rez, and Unholy Blight and Gargoyle both with runic power upkeep. It was awesome fun.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakonskyr View Post
    I want an "all of the above" option, too, 'cause I love Frost for its fast pace, UH for it's mechanical complexity with the resource juggling plus visually it's arguably the most DK-y DK, and Blood is simply a very elegant tank, plus it's always fun to be able to tell a healer "I got this, go babysit the dps" lol.
    Didn't think of that, but yeah, makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I guess it depends. We first saw Arthas in warcraft 3 and the most iconic spell was Death Coil (followed by skeletons ?). So for some, Unholy in the most DK-ish spec.
    I mean, look @ the undead race in warcraft 3. Everything screams skeletons. Raise dead. Not this frost mage bullshit. It was more of the lich undoing.
    Makes sense, thanks.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Blood is the best spec for sure, but unholy is super strong too. Difference is, unholy does a bit more damage but can't solo mythic plus dungeons, so why wouldn't you play blood?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    blood and frost, i hate unholy

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the build/consume mechanic of Unholy is pretty smooth, but i cant stand pet specs or bodyguard npcs. If there were a petless talent a-la warlocks or WoD hunters, i would probably play the spec over frost. Though blood is my mainspec ofc.

Lore babies gtfo, i dont care about class fantasy.

Unholy is just fun. I find frost too mundane to be enjoyable

I've always liked Frost's play-pattern the best, with exception to the Breath of Sindragosa era of this expansion, which I wasn't here for anyway, but I've played Unholy for the most part, except for when Frost just had something stupid good, like Sindragosa's Fury on Helya, because I prefer a big sword to two smaller swords.

I think all three specs were fun this expansion though, I still wish Blood had a DPS variant, but it's fine as a tank spec and does a great job - I still think it's the most enjoyable tank to play.

A big part of why I think things went over so well too was the combat animation update - the new animations, even though they're shared across like specs (e.g. Unholy, Arms, Blood, and Ret) still looked great and felt a lot better than the old ones, so I had fun either way, though I played a pretty decent chunk of this expansion and never got either of the legendaries I wanted, just other ones that are only now kinda useful (e.g. I never got the Unholy bracers or the frost legs).
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Love the playstyle of Frost in Legion. Have stuck by Machinegun Frost since Launch and it works well with me, even if its not the most viable at times.
    I only miss being able to wield a big, menacing 2handed Sword...oh how I miss swinging around my Greatsword of the Ebon Blade and feeling like a complete badass.
    Still, one handed swords are alright, but theres only a small handfull that I like for Transmorg

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood is the one true DK spec!

To me, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

Frost 7.3 = diseasesless Blood

If you liked the super easy 2 Hotkey action with lots of crits from Blood, you should enjoy the Frost 7.3 2-Hotkey Macro playstyle even more (Frost Discord 2-Hotkey Macro)

* 2 Hotkeys only
    * lots of flashy crits
    * BiS Lego and 3. BiS Lego (WRIST / BELT) can be used for best lolz
    Last edited by Ange; 2017-09-17 at 10:54 PM.
    -

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Frost 7.3 = diseasesless Blood

If you liked the super easy 2 Hotkey action with lots of crits from Blood, you should enjoy the Frost 7.3 2-Hotkey Macro playstyle even more (Frost Discord 2-Hotkey Macro)

* 2 Hotkeys only
    * lots of flashy crits
    * BiS Lego and 3. BiS Lego (WRIST / BELT) can be used for best lolz

Kinda condescending post.

Diseaseless Blood wasn't fun. I liked it before that even became a thing. I liked applying diseases. I liked it being a 5 button rotation. I liked the two hander that came with it. Nothing you post here appeals to me.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost. I dislike pet specs and I am not a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCapozzi View Post
    Unholy = Blood >>>>>>>>>>> Frost

Frost is by far the most boring and simplistic specs of the 3, talents are uninteresting and badly designed (Glacial advance, BoS) or just boring like Obliteration. it also doesn't have enough CDs, too much passives wich makes the rotation way too simplistic

The visual effects are cool tho, but that's it.

Blood is a ton of fun, especialy in M+ and Unholy is probably one of the most interesting melee spec in the game atm
    Fully agree with this. I don't get why some people like frost, it's so simplistic and thus really boring.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Fully agree with this. I don't get why some people like frost, it's so simplistic and thus really boring.
    Same. Blood isn't all that rivetting to me either, as whenever one thing is used, another becomes ready to use. Doesn't play like a tank where you make choices but much rather a cyclic DPS rotation that's kinda boring. It's...Ok for every-now-and-then and the amount of heal is great, but nothing beats UH for me.

The complexity that's given is insanely satisfying and seeing your Val'kyr drop A-bombs everywhere once you got her fed up feels great. I really hope they don't drop the ball with 8.0 as Unholy's in the best state it's ever been!

...In my opinion that is.

Unholy > Blood > Frost for me, although I still really like Frost (BoS build at least) even though its last.

Would like to see Frost get some larger changes next expansion, as was done with Blood and Unholy for Legion. I really liked the changes Unholy and Blood got, this is the expansion where I enjoyed playing DK the most, I would even dare say that it's more fun than WoTLK DK.

I also hope that Frost gets to keep Sindragosa's Fury because that summon is just too epic. Same with Unholy's Apocalypse.

I especially like the Frost, no comment.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love blood because its probably the most fun tanking spec ive tried to date (havent tried brewmies yet) though i do miss old blood dps.
    I really liked the Breath of Sindra build for frost, because the whole, wait for the best moment to blow your entire load even two minutes or so, playstyle is really fun. But the frost artifact weapon ability is suuuuuuper boring and it has a lot of talents which are either boring or badly designed. Imo BoS shoulda been the artifact ability and the current artifact ability should have been a talent somewhere in the top 3 rows.
    I think unholy is just the right level of intricate and visually amazing, however im total shit at unholy, and hope to correct that at some point.

I like unholy then blood and for the last frost. But i would like the come back of blood as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post

Gotta agree with this. I loved so so much Blood DPS... when they turned the spec into tanking only I started digging 2H Frost, and I've never liked Unholy at all, so I stopped playing my DK a long time ago. I wish they changed the specs again to be able to tank or dps, and Presences could be a big part of that with a big CD but lasting until you cancel the presence so you aren't a tank+dps spec at will..., like I don't know, activating Frost Presence causes Pillar of Frost to increase armor instead of damage and Howling Blast to not apply Fever but to shield you for a % of all damage dealt or for an amount for each target hit. (just throwing some ideas)
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2017-09-22 at 01:25 PM.