Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Inconceivable that someone might not know everything about US law enforcement, right?
    No, more like not knowing why law enforcement might be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    The range on pepper spray and a Tazer is FAR FAR shorter than that of a gun. Which means that not only are the cops defenseless themselves, but as they try to hide from a gun wielding nutjob, others of those citizens you so proudly want to protect will likely be gunned down. You are aware that police training doesn't remove the officers natural instict to protect their own lives right? They aren't going to try to get to 20 ft from a shooter just to use a Tazer (assuming you mean a Tazer though, with the projectile barbs, and not a taser in the generic sense of a stun gun with a range of basically 0 ft) while the gunman is firing at them. Just because they voluntarily signed up be a cop doesn't mean they signed over to forfeit their lives for nothing, right? And if those cops are killed trying to subdue, with a Tazer or pepper spray, guess who will be next? More of those citizens you want to protect.
    Body armor. Really heavy body armor. Best make it powered.

And as I said, cops killing people is morally worse than criminals killing people. Because one should be upstanding and the other are scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How so? I think the state should not kill citizens. I oppose a police state.
    You "oppose a police state" but have an avatar showing support for a group that would have it illegal to have a differing thought and would want someone arrested for disagreeing with them?

Sounds like you have no idea what you oppose and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The government has only those powers that are derived from the rights of the people whom create said government; the police, then, can use lethal force to prevent death or grave bodily injury because any human being has that right by their nature.
    Nope. The government should be prohibited from using any kind of lethal force against citizens. It is here to serve us not to rule us. Democracy. Freedom.

The state should not kill.

- - - Updated - - -

You "oppose a police state" but have an avatar showing support for a group that would have it illegal to have a differing thought and would want someone arrested for disagreeing with them?

Sounds more like you have no idea what you are talking about.

Taze them all.

And here lies the problem. The state thinks it has the authority to kill its own citizens. How can you think that the government should have the right to kill you?
    That is basically one of the major reasons why we do need government.
    We need government to have the monopoly on the use of violence. So that we don't have to use it ourselves.

In case I am robbed - I don't have to grab a weapon and go lynch the guy that robbed me - I have government to do that for me.

If we take away the government's right to use violence - we wouldn't need to have a government.

To me it sounds exactly like the opposite of that.

Why people fall for it, it's beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Die on their knees and afraid like that poor bike cop outside the Charles Hebdo massacre?
    I Saw that footage, he Begs for he's life and the terrorist responded saying "it's okay chef" and shot him in the head. Freaking horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where the fuck did they shoot him/her/it? a shot in leg should usually do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    That is basically one of the major reasons why we do need government.
    We need government to have the monopoly on the use of violence. So that we don't have to use it ourselves.

In case I am robbed - I don't have to grab a weapon and go lynch the guy that robbed me - I have government to do that for me.

If we take away the government's right to use violence - we wouldn't need to have a government.
    We do. somebody has to organize social security.

And no, you don't have to lynch anybody. The police goes and arrests the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    "Correct" pronouns...
    Yes, correct. Clearly you're bankrupt of any social decency to be this bold and disrespectful to someone who potentially committed suicide.
    And for the record they has a long history pre-Shakespeare of being used as a singular pronoun so try again fool.

Deleted
    Put on heavy body armor and swarm them.
    Lmfao dude

Deleted
    Isn't this a clear case of Darwinism? I don't see the point in argueing over this :P

Question: All you guys really want to live in Mega City One? Because that is what it sounds like. Police state with cops being judge, jury and executioner.

Do you think it is acceptable that the state kills innocent people?

There's really nothing to talk about here. There is an actual video taken of the event from a dorm window. The police told them to drop it about a million times and kept backing up as the person advanced before finally taking a shot. He was literally yelling "shoot me"

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Tazer? Rubber bullets? Tear gas? Flashbang?
    Shoot the guy in the knee?
    You do realize that most cops don't walk around with tear gas, flashbangs or rubber bullets right? Most of those are only used in situations where people are already protesting / rioting.

Honestly people need to start pulling their heads out of their asses and realize that if you don't listen to a cop and be respectful when dealing with them then it can end violently.

I mean the article says the person "walked" towards them. I would guess by this the person wasn't waving the knife while running at them with a crazed look. Just moving towards them. Seems like way too much force was used to subdue a suspect asking to be killed by police. Especially one that seemed to only be a treat to himself because of distance and using a small utility knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you think that the government should have the right to kill you?
    If I am threatening a police officer's life then they do.

Fortunately, I am not a criminal or a crazy person, and if confronted by police, even if I have done nothing wrong, I will cooperate fully and obey lawful commands; so such a circumstance will not befall me. If it does happen, absent the previously mentioned circumstances, then "the state" will make that wrong right in the form of paying restitution to me or my family. The chances of a police officer fatally shooting me at no fault of my own, however, are so remote, they are nearly non-existent.

Suicide by Cop. Must have been off his meds.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    a shot in leg should usually do the job.
    yeah and more likely to miss or hit something behind them

When cops fire they fire at the chest, center mass. Actually hitting the god dam person is more important than where you hit them.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Where the fuck did they shoot him/her/it? a shot in leg should usually do the job.
    Better to kill suspects, then they can't sue! Freedoms