Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Sorry democracy, you can't win the election in our country."

People have been complaining about this undemocratic system for decades.

Want to know who complained about it too?

Goodness, I love the Orange Turd when he has a past tweet to show his hypocrisy.

I'm betting you will not get a reply from alt account-Boi.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    The electoral college isn't going anywhere. With the electoral college every vote matters. Without the electoral college someone's vote would only matter if their candidate won. Also the title "President of the United States" wouldn't be accurate if we went to a popular vote system.
    Was this sarcasm and you forgot the /s?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Have you seen todays tirade?
    With the new low of 'rocketboy'?
    Oh yes. Any other POTUS this would be yuuge. Just another weekend tweet by the Orange Turd while he was probably taking a turd.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Meanwhile, in the Upside Down...

The electoral college isn't going anywhere. With the electoral college every vote matters. Without the electoral college someone's vote would only matter if their candidate won. Also the title "President of the United States" wouldn't be accurate if we went to a popular vote system.
    ... people really think like this.

Slate is garbage anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    <snip>
    Article 1: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...l_college.html
    Article 2: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...nd_sexism.html

First is an article written by a US Court of Appeals judge, Richard Posner.
    Second is a blog post by Mark Joseph Stern, a Slate writer.

News media organizations like Slate don't pick a particular viewpoint and only publish articles that lean a particular way, so this doesn't even reflect any particular shift in anything at Slate itself.

Here's another article a month before the first, which lambasts the Electoral College rather than defending it; http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20..._horrible.html

So all you've really discovered is the magical fact that "different authors have different opinions about stuff". Shocking and amazing stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it would. The EC is a relic of one of the biggest blunders during ratification. If the New Englanders and Midlanders saw what transpired the decades after they conceded democratic ideals for appeasement from the southern states, they wouldn't have done it, and two countries would of formed. The Electoral College, the Senate, and the 3/5th compromise all deserve to be removed from the constitution, for they don't represent democratic ideals, but strengthening authoritarian desires in southern states to control their population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You do understand, that Slate is not a single person?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You do understand, that Slate is not a single person?
    Yes, but the effect of convincing people that news is am ideological hive mind, is that people are likely to find hypocracy like this. Simply because the alternative is that your initial premise is wrong and the ego is strong. To be a hypocrite, you have to own the claim, not have it be thrust upon you. When you contradict the claim being made about you, it doesn't mean you are a hypocrite, it means the claim is just wrong.

As an example... if someone convinces you that Chuck hates everyone who eats chocolate, if you catch him eating chocolate... then who ever convinced you is simply wrong. Chuck isn't the one who claimed to hate everyone who eats chocolate.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    As an example... if someone convinces you that Chuck hates everyone who eats chocolate, if you catch him eating chocolate... then who ever convinced you is simply wrong. Chuck isn't the one who claimed to hate everyone who eats chocolate.
    What if chuck suffers from self-hate and is eating chocolate for that reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I know your gimmick is to post insane bull shit but wow, you really out did yourself.

Only battle ground state votes matter.

By that logic it only matters if you win period.

President of the United States wouldn't be accurate if the position was held by the person the people chose.

What the fuck dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What if chuck suffers from self-hate and is eating chocolate for that reason?
    It all depends on the amount of wood Buck can provide for the chucking.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

EC has always been a flawed system, period. It, like many other elements of political campaigns, needs to be reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    EC has always been a flawed system, period. It, like many other elements of political campaigns, needs to be reworked.
    Needs to be removed entirely and everything moved to a ranked popular vote.

The only purpose it really ever served was to give a group of insiders the final say on who became president as a way to protect them from the will of the people. The everything else, the 3/5ths compromise, the giving smaller states more votes, was all just compromises to get to that end.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

If you support the ideals of the EC system, you should also be supporting the same system for even state wide elections. When it comes to picking a governor, why should those city slicker's vote count just as much as the people living out in the country? Everyone knows people in the city are hive minded and only vote one way, the rights of the minority must be protected!