Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    its not maybe its a fucking fact of life.

You can be delta force, if your waiting until a suspect is actually armed and already shooting, you are already to late.
    Sure, so keep your distance or stay in cover. Thing is, shouldn't facts count more than feelings?

If you only feel someone has a gun and shoot you are not being rational. You are acting on emotion.

If you in fact know someone has a gun then you are acting on facts.

I don't want to die because a cop is being irrational is acting on his own fear. Do you?

I don't think our officers get any training at all when it comes to how to deal with people who are mentally disturbed, furthermore they could have tased them...

Scout was obviously mentally disturbed and officers are just absolutely poorly equip to deal with that type of situations. The equipment they need is knowledge but training seems to just make cops looking at everyone as a potential enemy... even cops in small safe towns that haven't seen murders in 10 years have an "us vs them" mentality.
    Last edited by Themius; 2017-09-17 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Honestly, this is just a bullshit response by you because we both know that no matter what source I give, it will NEVER be good enough or valid enough or accurate enough.
    You should have more faith in yourself and your argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't think our officers get any training at all when it comes to how to deal with people who are mentally disturbed, furthermore they could have tased them...
    Yup. US police training: Several weeks.

German police training: Several years.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Shooting to kill in all situations is fucking mental
    its shoot to hit the target.
    Only a complete fucking stupid ass moron would suggest aiming for feet or wherever else.
    Firing you weapon and ACTUALLY making a shot is more important than where that shot lands.

Stop playing Call of Duty, getting shot in real actually hurts, don't exactly heal to full 3 seconds later.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This thread is off to a great fucking start with the racebaiting.
    Except it's factual. Truth is not racebaiting. More white people are killed by cops annually every year and yet you don't see riots for them and the majority don't make it beyond local news. The second a black person is shot all hell breaks loose and it's all about race. This one might get coverage because this what appears to be a man(the buzzfeed article says "they" constantly instead of a he or she) is gay and/or trans so of course it's "the man" against an "oppressed group". So stop being ignorant to the truth about things and getting mad when someone states it.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More white people are killed by cops annually every year and yet you don't see riots for them and the majority don't make it beyond local news.
    Per capita?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Sure, so keep your distance or stay in cover.
    then how will pepper spray or a taser ever work as you so greatly suggest
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

You should have more faith in yourself and your argument.
    This isn't an issue of my faith in my argument or myself. This is like trying to argue the color of the sky with a blind person. You have no basis in reality for your argument because reality doesn't exist in the world you argue from. So why bother?

its shoot to hit the target.
    Only a complete fucking stupid ass moron would suggest aiming for feet or wherever else.
    Firing you weapon and ACTUALLY making a shot is more important than where that shot lands.

Stop playing Call of Duty, getting shot in real actually hurts, don't exactly heal to full 3 seconds later.
    Actually, it sounds like you're the one playing Call of Duty.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to die because a cop is being irrational is acting on his own fear. Do you?
    so you are just realizing that cops are human beings that actually give a shit about their own lives?

YES. Cops are people.

They have something called reaction times. Making waiting 100% in a potentially lethal situation is a completely dumbfucking stupid shit remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    So why bother?
    Yet you keep bothering.

then how will pepper spray or a taser ever work as you so greatly suggest
    Body armor. Also, again, don't you value facts over feelings? Should cops operate on knowledge instead of emotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The response to this article is very different from the usual cop shoots X threads on this forum and it is very telling of the prejudice that is endemic of our society as a whole.
    The prejudice against white people? I guarantee you if that was a black dude playing dress up, that campus would be on fire right now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Body armor.
    sorry to say, but Iron Man is not based on a true story

but keep trying

so you are just realizing that cops are human beings that actually give a shit about their own lives?

YES. Cops are people.

They have something called reaction times. Making waiting 100% in a potentially lethal situation is a completely dumbfucking stupid shit remark.
    So you are okay with a cop accidentally killing an unarmed person?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    The prejudice against white people? I guarantee you if that was a black dude playing dress up, that campus would be on fire right now.
    So white people should riot?

Quote Originally Posted by snitcher geralt View Post
    it's called Low Testosterone https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/11-...-testosterone/

it's pathetic that you immediately attempt to be offended by a scientific fact

you owe him an apology or you don't have a hair on your ass
    Remember, this is the same crowd whose goto phrase is "Your rights end where my feelings begin". Logic, facts, and reason scare them because those things don't care about feelings.
    Last edited by NicoWolf; 2017-09-17 at 11:29 PM. Reason: a word

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to say, but Iron Man is not based on a true story

but keep trying
    Elba's ideal police officer:

A sociopath with no emotion or value for his own life driving around a tank that fires tasers and pepper spray at wrongdoers.

So white people should riot?
    Nope. We're not crazy enough to believe that all cops are racsits who kill to get off. Well some are, but you can find those idiots at the BLM riots.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Elba's ideal police officer:

A sociopath with no emotion or value for his own life driving around a tank that fires tasers and pepper spray at wrongdoers.
    Sounds good to me.

All you need to make white people riot is to tell them they can't party over their pumpkins... then they'll gladly start burnin cars flipping them over and cursing at police officers who dare tell them to stop partying.

I find it hilarious how people say "black people are always rioting over a death by officer they feel is unjust even if it isn't" meanwhile no one really says "white people are always rioting when their parties get shut down or their sports teams win or lose."

Nope. We're not crazy enough to believe that all cops are racsits who kill to get off. Well some are, but you can find those idiots at the BLM riots.
    So then why are you upset that there is no riot? You called the lack of rioting prejudice.