Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know if it really counts as a franchise, but I'd REALLY love to see a modernized City of Heroes/Villains.

Barring that, Hellgate London.
    I wouldn't want Hellgate to fail a third time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

crash bandicoot and tombi

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Yeah this is something I will have to look into, just didn't feel like a new game to me. I'd really like, as you said, for them to continue with Prime 4, which would be amazing, considering how fucking good the first 3 were, and the reason I fell in love with the franchise. For me, Metroid is dead until Prime 4 comes out.
    Trust me, give Samus Returns a try. The game is a SOLID 2D Metroid title. The exploration is there, the gameplay is there, and it's actually kinda difficult (the Metroids can obliterate you if you mess up).

It feels like a true successor to Super Metroid/Fusion/Zero Mission era games.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Mega-Lo-Mania
    Popolus
    Wings
    Wing Commander
    Dungeon Keeper(an official one)
    Command & Conquer
    Red Alert
    Eye of the Beholder
    Ceasar 3
    Dune 2
    Freelancer
    The Settlers

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Trust me, give Samus Returns a try. The game is a SOLID 2D Metroid title. The exploration is there, the gameplay is there, and it's actually kinda difficult (the Metroids can obliterate you if you mess up).

It feels like a true successor to Super Metroid/Fusion/Zero Mission era games.
    You got me hyped, gonna buy it on my 2ds asap. Thank you my man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nit really a franchise but Jade Empire.

Star Control

There are a few modern top-down space adventure titles out there, but none seem to be quite like Star Control II. Maybe it's just nostalgia speaking, but that game had something very special. A wonderful sense of adventure (and humor).

Command & Conquer, #FuckyouEA.

Vampire / Golden Sun / Freelancer

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    You got me hyped, gonna buy it on my 2ds asap. Thank you my man.
    NP! My only gripe about the game is Fusion mode being locked behind an Amiibo (the Metroid one). But that mode is also HARDER THAN THE HARD MODE in the game soooo......most people likely won't be beating that mode anyway....
    BUT I GOT THAT AMIIBO ANYWAY AND IMMA TRY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Command & Conquer, #FuckyouEA.
    The worst part is EA almost redeemed themselves.

C&C3 was actually pretty damn good. I was getting my hopes up that they would actually do right by the series.

Then RA3 came out, which was......less than stellar but I still enjoyed it.

....then C&C4.......aannnnnd they just kicked me in the nads and spat in my face. Seriously....how could they do that? They were showing so much promise that they could give us a good C&C series with how well they handled 3......
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Shining Force

Castlevania, easily. SotN is my favorite game of all time. I am surprised no one mentioned it.
    #fuckonami
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-09-17 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    they just had Might and Magic X legacy a few years back. was a great throwback imo. Heroes games have been meh lately.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_%26_Magic_X:_Legacy

- - - Updated - - -

I support this whole heartedly
    I didnt know there was a new M&M Game. Gonna look it up. Is it similar to M&M 5, 7 or 8?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those super mario football games

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    The worst part is EA almost redeemed themselves.

C&C3 was actually pretty damn good. I was getting my hopes up that they would actually do right by the series.

Then RA3 came out, which was......less than stellar but I still enjoyed it.

....then C&C4.......aannnnnd they just kicked me in the nads and spat in my face. Seriously....how could they do that? They were showing so much promise that they could give us a good C&C series with how well they handled 3......
    I'm not as upset over C&C4 as I am with them shit canning Generals 2, and with that the rest of the franchises...

Freelancer - just do it Microsoft!
    Diablo (yea, really)

A few series pop to mind for this one. For PC games, a new Warcraft RTS is obviously on the list. Command and Conquer is another, but I doubt either would do particularly well. The RTS genre in general seems to be massively declining in interest and playerbase so it's not likely we'll see them.

For consoles, more Devil May Cry games of the original vein would be nice and I wouldn't argue with another Ninja Gaiden game. Another game in the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Crusade series would be welcome but I don't think it's really necessary.

For handhelds, give me more Breath of Fire and Golden Sun games. I love having a nice RPG adventure that I can bring around with me somewhere on the go. One series I'd absolutely go nuts for though: Megaman Zero. They were amazing games for the GBA that had a nice difficulty to them but were incredibly fun as well. Another Megaman Battle Network game would also be cool, I found them to be very fun and pretty unique for the time they were released and would like another one of those as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jak and Daxter. A modern day open world Jak and Daxter game made my Naughty Dog would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I didnt know there was a new M&M Game. Gonna look it up. Is it similar to M&M 5, 7 or 8?
    its hard for me to say. the last MM game I played was 7 and was some time ago. they tried to recreate the look and feel of the older ones in a modern look and feel. the NPCs have that sprite feel to them while being 3d. its got quite a bit of customization and the thing I really liked was it was real easy to wonder in the wrong direction and get slayed and it had a nice difficulty curve. can also turn on pixelated mode if your into that kind of masochism.

Total Annihilation Kingdoms, Sacrifice, Neverwinter Nights (old one) and Drakan.

City of Heroes/Villains is also a nice choice.

Those are my favorite ones from my youth and i still love them today.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-09-18 at 04:18 AM.