Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Nope. We're not crazy enough to believe that all cops are racsits who kill to get off. Well some are, but you can find those idiots at the BLM riots.

So white people aren't crazy only black people?

Meanwhile it is totally normal to riot over a pumpkin party being shut down? Or a hockey team winning? Or a football team winning? or a football team losing? That's a good time to riot?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    world of Warcraft lore section is over yonder

Can maybe design your lightforged warframe
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

So then why are you upset that there is no riot? You called the lack of rioting prejudice.
    No I didn't. I said if the dude was black, there would be riots. I'm glad there aren't any riots over this, since the cops did nothing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So white people aren't crazy only black people?

Meanwhile it is totally normal to riot over a pumpkin party being shut down? Or a hockey team winning? Or a football team winning? or a football team losing? That's a good time to riot?
    Lol, it's literally brought up every time someone mentions black people rioting. Also I specifically mentioned crazy white people attending BLM rallies. It's not one specific race that's crazy, it's anyone who thinks BLM isn't filled with assholes.

No I didn't. I said if the dude was black, there would be riots. I'm glad there aren't any riots over this, since the cops did nothing wrong.
    Still don't understand how that relates to prejudice against whites.

They killed a mentally disturbed person wielding a multi tool. In any other developed nation that would be seen as wrong.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The guy approached a police officer with a blade and refused to comply. He knew what would happen.

Suicide by cop, nothing to see move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prejudice against white people? I guarantee you if that was a black dude playing dress up, that campus would be on fire right now.
    Yeah! White people only riot when their hockey team wins!
    Or loses

Whenever sports happen, really

Sounds good to me.
    Somebody should design automated robot law enforcement drones with non-lethal countermeasures.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Still don't understand how that relates to prejudice against whites.

They killed a mentally disturbed person wielding a multi tool. In any other developed nation that would be seen as wrong.
    It IS wrong but you are the one pointing fingers and using one case to fuel your crazy ideas. One rotten apple=declare genocide on fruit. You are happy this happend right? When is your next riot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Somebody should design automated robot law enforcement drones with non-lethal countermeasures.
    The visual I got from that was pretty funny, thanks

*Kid takes candy bar from store shelf, looks around as if to pocket it*
    *Drone spots him*
    "LARCENY DETECTED. DEPLOYING COUNTERMEASURES"
    *sprays him in the face with a copious amount of bear mace*

the Schultz family attorney referred to it as being a “pocket knife.”
    Like that is a mitigating factor, lol. All of my pocket knifes are well suited for stabbing if necessary.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    It seems that this is a pretty clear case of why you shouldn't approach police officers with a knife in your hand while refusing to follow instructions. Is this really a 'tragedy' in the sense that much of the media is portraying it? Does this event have the right factors in place to become a major news story this week?
    If it really was a small to medium pocket knife, then shame on the police. They were in absolutely no danger. If it was a large pocket knife (seems unlikely from the description) with a locking blade, then the police potentially behaved reasonably.

Yes, I understand the police have the right to protect themselves. And I'm all for that. But a small to medium pocket knife (especially with non-locking blades) is more of a risk to the person wielding it than a police officer. And, yes, I've faced them before.

So, to answer your question, if it is a small to medium pocket knife, then I agree whole-heartedly with the media. It is a tragedy that didn't need to happen because the police were in no danger what-so-ever, and disobeying the police is not a capital crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It's common police procedure in European nations to try wounding first (after non-lethal measures have failed) before going straight to killing people.
    Source needed for this. I've heard/seen EU police procedures calling for "shoot to incapacitate" but since that is still shooting center mass it's the same thing with a nicer name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The visual I got from that was pretty funny, thanks

*Kid takes candy bar from store shelf, looks around as if to pocket it*
    *Drone spots him*
    "LARCENY DETECTED. DEPLOYING COUNTERMEASURES"
    *sprays him in the face with a copious amount of bear mace*
    Lmao, you got some imagination

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    and disobeying the police is not a capital crime.
    a weapon is still a weapon

And disobeying over a weapon is much more risk than disobeying over a breathalyzer test
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I've heard/seen EU police procedures calling for "shoot to incapacitate" but since that is still shooting center mass it's the same thing with a nicer name.
    people saying "its shoot to kill" are just sensationalists

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    approach the cops with a weapon and refuse to comply. You just might get shot. Why do people not get this?
    If you read the article, he/she yelled "shoot me" at the cops. There's no "might" about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A knife-wielding engineering student

That's a phrase you don't see everyday.

OMG! He was wielding a multi-tool!
    I guess the cops should've fired then, you don't want to see what an Engineer could do with a multi-tool.

Given a few minutes they would probably be taking cover from a battlemech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

He died when he entered his major.

He was an engineering student, he was dead on the inside anyway by that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Source needed for this. I've heard/seen EU police procedures calling for "shoot to incapacitate" but since that is still shooting center mass it's the same thing with a nicer name.
    I provided a source.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The response to this article is very different from the usual cop shoots X threads on this forum and it is very telling of the prejudice that is endemic of our society as a whole.
    If the person shot in this article was a white supremacist I'm pretty sure your attitude and responses would be a lot different.