10+ Year Old Account
    This very nice person who was leaving my server, just gave me her personal house and FC as I left my other FC that broke apart due to pettiness.

I'm so fucking happy right now as I thought it was a joke.

I'll be a loner for a long while but the way things were, I've always been one because everyone who I talked to left or stopped playing as it was. I talked more in LS/trade anyway.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-09-15 at 06:51 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Oh, the next Live Letter is on the 29th.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...00ea0fbb94223c

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Odd question but how bad would the ping be on a JP server from someone playing in the UK? Just some JP friends of mine want me to go play with them. I mean would it be bearable?
    You'll want to ping the servers yourself to see. I did the same when the NA data center moved earlier this year and found that I could play on the EU data center and not see a major loss in performance. JP data center, though...nope. Friend of mine out in Cali has it the other way around; JP is fine, EU is nope. All a matter of where you are. I dare speculate that EU players would see similar results whether they tried NA or JP data centers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Odd question but how bad would the ping be on a JP server from someone playing in the UK? Just some JP friends of mine want me to go play with them. I mean would it be bearable?
    You'll want to ping the servers yourself to see. I did the same when the NA data center moved earlier this year and found that I could play on the EU data center and not see a major loss in performance. JP data center, though...nope. Friend of mine out in Cali has it the other way around; JP is fine, EU is nope. All a matter of where you are. I dare speculate that EU players would see similar results whether they tried NA or JP data centers.
    Reddit link for you, @Eleccybubb (and others in the same situation), regarding how to check the ping rate.

Use these IP addresses to the data centers to compare your own to others' data center.

Walkthrough (should be translateable to your own language should you use a non-English software):

Step 1: Open up your Start Menu and type in "Command" and you'll get this.

Step 2: Click it and it'll open, showing your current user profile name. Then just write "ping <desired IP>" for instance "ping 195.82.50.9" (Chaos - EU data ceenter) and you'll get this (obviously cut the image short as it contained my user name, which is an acronym of my real name).

Should I desire to seek out a Japanese data center (or a Japanese world for that matter), just type in the IP address and check how it co-relates to your current ping. If anyone wants to know, this is how it looks out for me on a random JP and random US data center IP.
    And for that reason alone is why I am still on the EU one, despite wanting to move out from it due to all the Baguettes, Schnitzels and downright maddening demeanor despite own earnest attempts to keep the flow going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, average JP server ping for me was 200ms, EU servers - 123, and my own server 103 (used to be 36, thanks Square.....).

Now I'm getting the usual 73-76ms for my server. Just shit on my end with the usual shitty Comcast service in this area sometimes.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-09-16 at 12:29 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    After ~one week paused I finally finished Shinryu and the MSQ. Feels good! But now the next question:
    What face did the Emperor see? Gaius? Nael? Zenos? Someone else?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    After ~one week paused I finally finished Shinryu and the MSQ. Feels good! But now the next question:
    What face did the Emperor see? Gaius? Nael? Zenos? Someone else?
    Personal theory is either Gaius or Regula. Neither nael and zenos would probably produce that kind of response from him. Also don't think either of them would 'reassure' Varis of Elidbius' intentions that they're working towards the same goals.

I'd like to think it's Regula. It'd serve to give his death more meaning - especially since he's been pretty much forgotten despite sacrificing himself for the sake of the greater good and proving once again that there are voices of reason within Garlemald. He also had a very strong friendship with the Emperor, who in turn is a rather stoic man. I could see him being unnerved by the sight of his fallen friend. Elidibus also implied the sight would 'comfort' him, which adds further weight to the theory.

Deleted
    Regula! yeah I almost forgot about him. He would be an even better fit than Zenos but still requires Asciens to "transcends" (evil wow term!) time.

I stopped stalling and finally pushed through the last bit of grinding I needed to do for the 3.0 PLD relic weapon. The minion thrown in for completion is a neat bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats.

I kinda miss the relic in 4.0. Seem a bit lost barring leveling alts and doing a daily Ex.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm resorting to going back and tackling older content for stuff I missed to help pass some of the time until 4.1. At the very least the new raid will be something else to do each week, though hopefully we get more content that is long lasting and fairly easy to jump in and pick up as needed.

I tried to farm some Nidhogg EX earlier, too. That was painful - people insist on joining but then don't speak up if they need help. No luck with the mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I tried to farm some Nidhogg EX earlier, too. That was painful - people insist on joining but then don't speak up if they need help. No luck with the mount.
    Nidhogg remains my most respected boss till this day (don't do anything organized though) :P

Quick question on the side: Was just leveling my ninja at lvl 52 and realized I only got ~250k of 1,3m (to level up) as reward by doing daily level-up random dungeon (I use German client on FF14 so barely know the English terms >_<). Did they really not adjust this? I did PotD last week and got much more out of it afaik. It also felt I got a lot more % when I leveled from 60-70.
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-09-18 at 01:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Nidhogg remains my most respected boss till this day (don't do anything organized though) :P

Quick question on the side: Was just leveling my ninja at lvl 52 and realized I only got ~250k of 1,3m (to level up) as reward by doing daily level-up random dungeon (I use German client on FF14 so barely know the English terms >_<). Did they really not adjust this? I did PotD last week and got much more out of it afaik. It also felt I got a lot more % when I leveled from 60-70.
    What dungeon did you get from leveling roulette? Because if you do something near your level, the bonus from the roulette is smaller. The further away from your level, the bigger the bonus to make up for the low xp from mob/boss kills.

Sub-60 on a DPS job, POTD is the way to level them, period, end. Don't do dungeons unless you have friends to do them with that can speed you instantly through the queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    What dungeon did you get from leveling roulette? Because if you do something near your level, the bonus from the roulette is smaller. The further away from your level, the bigger the bonus to make up for the low xp from mob/boss kills.
    The Stone Vigil - so not that far away

Did PotD 51 just now and got 475k. Seems indeed much more efficient. Roulette exp seems also not worth completing at 50-60 jobs. Well, always good to have some insight to adjust the "big plan" :P
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-09-18 at 01:46 AM.

Yeah, POTD is much more efficient up until level 60. After that, roulettes become a lot more worthwhile and I believe the MSQ roulette in particular gives a decent chunk of experience.

Once you hit 61, doing Sirensong over and over is a pretty great way to level. You get a lot of experience, gear that is useful and it prepares you for the next dungeon that is accessible at level 63. Repeat that until 70 and it's the 'best' way to level. During queue times I'd recommend tackling the daily hunts that can be picked up in Kugane and Ishgard respectively.

I'm actually enjoying the lack of a relic/anima grind...but that's also because I've been doing some of the old relic/anima grinds.

Finished PLD Zeta last week; eventually plan to get WAR, WHM and MNK ones also, but that's a long term project that I may not even have done by this time 2 years from now. The zetas hit the wallet a lot harder than the anima weapons could ever hope to, unless you're super impatient and decide to acquire sand by buying up the elemental resist materia. I shudder to imagine how painful one of these would be if one doesn't have crafting leveled up...unless you're on Balmung (or another super high pop server), a zeta can cost as much as a small house.

My newest bit of insanity: leveling alt jobs while grinding out light for their anima weapon. Just finished AST over the weekend; by the time I got the weapon to the light farm step, I had already hit 62. By the time I hit 70, I was on rune #8. Most of that was non-bonus, too. Did maybe a hour of A1S to get to the last rune, then 6-8 more bouts of Shatter to get it done. Now I'm working on SCH in the same manner, and will eventually do DRG, NIN and MCH the same way. Yes, that would be every single anima weapon...send help plz.

Edit: Whoops, double post.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-09-18 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah, POTD is much more efficient up until level 60. After that, roulettes become a lot more worthwhile and I believe the MSQ roulette in particular gives a decent chunk of experience.

Once you hit 61, doing Sirensong over and over is a pretty great way to level. You get a lot of experience, gear that is useful and it prepares you for the next dungeon that is accessible at level 63. Repeat that until 70 and it's the 'best' way to level. During queue times I'd recommend tackling the daily hunts that can be picked up in Kugane and Ishgard respectively.
    This is true, but 60+ leveling can be a big pain in the ass as a DPS class unless you can get a decent PF group that allows you to run it back to back quickly. As a tank and a healer you're able to do this through the Duty Finder very easily, as a DPS you'd have to wait 10+ minutes (10 is the lowest I've ever waited, it's usually 15+ at best with 20+ being normal) between each dungeon. and some of the dungeons with a group only take ~15 minutes to complete.

Anything lower than 60 when you already have something at 60+, PotD is by far the most efficient. I was able to go from 50-60 on both SAM and RDM (only classes lower than 60 when Stormblood launched) in ~7 hours apiece in PotD. And I got a shitload of tomes in the process to buy i260 shire weapons to upgrade to i270, which last a good while (~level 66 is when it got replaced).