Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

My proposal for next expansion

Blizzard is known for having a good expansion, followed by a bad expansion, followed by a good expansion. This is most commonly because blizzard tends to do a lot of things differently every expansion, changing their mindset radically or wanting to try something new. So I have this proposal:

With Legion being a fairly good expansion, regardless of how many people seem to not like the amount of RNG, what if next expansion we keep it as similar to Legion as possible and only make some smaller changes to the game? (like reworking legendary system, removing titanforged, adding some minor new systems to the game)

Would this make the next expansion a lot more boring for you? Would this make next expansion not change enough? Or would you be rather happy if blizzard just sticked to a certain mindset for once, even at the cost of innovation?

The only bad expansion the community disliked was WoD. If your talking about every second expansion before then you are just talking out of your arse.

Also your idea is terrible, get out.

No more RNG BS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    The only bad expansion the community disliked was WoD. If your talking about every second expansion before then you are just talking out of your arse.
    Erm... He's not the one talking out of his arse on this topic. Believe me.

As for the idea in the opening post, I generally think evolution is better than revolution but there needs to be enough "newness" to attract back the cyclical players.

Also your idea is terrible, get out.

No more RNG BS!
    How do you come to that conclusion?
    WoD sold an insane amount of copies and WoW did about as well, financially in WoD as it does now.

Just remove all legendary items from the game for a full expansion... re-think how they should work to NOT be fucking random and also give them a sense of accomplishment (u know, feel like a legendary and not a random boe-blue that drops in your face). Then reintroduce them the expansion after and we pretend the years from Cata until now never ever existed!

Also murder that garrisontable/follower-idea... stupid way to get stuff without doing basically anything (I have enough mobile games) and just a damn chore..

Ease off the WQ a bit, keep it but we need like 5 per day or so, not a billion... I have a feeling that Blizz killed PVP with too much PVE stuff available.. personally I spent all my sparetime in pvp back in the days, now I dont have time and I feel burned out when doing WQs and all the daily chores... I know I can choose not to, but do you choose not to and potentially gimp yourself, ever if not top10 in the world? No, probably not! Everyone wanna be as good as possible!

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with Legion tbh... very nice exp, most fun I've had since ICC! So IMHO, dont do any massive changes, just some minor tweaking of the shitty stuff and we're golden!

Deleted
    OP, just because you like having things served to you without having to lift a finger like welfare legendaries or 930 gear just by breathing then so be it, play on a Legion private server. But don't encourage Blizzard to make another mess of an expansion like Legion ever again.

5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like blizzard's strong suit is that theyre constantly changing and adapting their games... I think its why WoW has stayed decent for a while. Like, for example, i remember a TONNE of peeps complaining about the staleness of daily quests during Wrath. So in mists, they made them a bit more gated behind factions/made it so they gave those lesser charms of fortune (to incentivize ppl to do them). Also the farm system and all of that jazz.

Alas, still sort of stale and boring.

WoD came, nothing game changing (except that particular system that shall not be named... cough cough.) Now legion is here, and world quests are 10000% dailies disguised as something new and innovative, and the constant grind of the artefact power makes them tolerable. Legendaries are there as the psychological cherry on top ("Mebbe i will get a legendary from this world cache!").

Hmm, what would i like to see changed? Given how big legendaries/artefact power is this expansion, I PRAY that next expansion will have them gone/as a lesser feature. I really like it when they keep things changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Blizzard is known for having a good expansion, followed by a bad expansion, followed by a good expansion. This is most commonly because blizzard tends to do a lot of things differently every expansion, changing their mindset radically or wanting to try something new. So I have this proposal:

With Legion being a fairly good expansion, regardless of how many people seem to not like the amount of RNG, what if next expansion we keep it as similar to Legion as possible and only make some smaller changes to the game? (like reworking legendary system, removing titanforged, adding some minor new systems to the game)

Would this make the next expansion a lot more boring for you? Would this make next expansion not change enough? Or would you be rather happy if blizzard just sticked to a certain mindset for once, even at the cost of innovation?
    'known for' I think that is a BS trope you want the folks to believe.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    OP, just because you like having things served to you without having to lift a finger like welfare legendaries or 930 gear just by breathing then so be it, play on a Legion private server. But don't encourage Blizzard to make another mess of an expansion like Legion ever again.
    You just criticized OP's opinion and perception... by using your very own opinion and perception as fuel for your post.

GG E-Z

I just hope they do something different. A complete out-of-left-field expansion with totally new lore, like MoP.

The only bad expansion the community disliked was WoD.
    How short our memories are ahaha.

I give it 1-2 expansions before people start praising WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I just hope they do something different. A complete out-of-left-field expansion with totally new lore, like MoP.

How short our memories are ahaha.

I give it 1-2 expansions before people start praising WoD.
    Ha. Spot on.

Same cycle every expansion.
    First 3 months: Everyone praises it and proclaims its the "best expansion".
    9 Months in: People are vehemently criticizing it and saying they're done with WoW.
    4+ Years Out: People are reminiscing in their nostalgic memories of how good that expansion was, or how Blizzard should refocus back to the old days.

Same shit; different day.

Besides, the only expansion ever to receive universal criticism was Warlords of Draenor.

How do you explain Vanilla>TBC>Wolk? Cata wasn't that bad for the most part, Wod didn't really become "boring" till HFC released and we only had that for 14 months. Your entire post is full of hot garbage

Deleted
    Well for all those folks saying 'everyone liked all previous expansions besides WoD' thats blatanly not true. There were major issues with various expansions at various times and mostly Cata & WoD were quite universally hated. Rose tinted glasses dimmed that somewhat, but the criticism for cataclysm was there and it was quite vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Initial sales doesn't mean it was a success or well liked. People get hyped and buy it.
    That is true but financial numbers looked good mid-expansion in WoD as well.
    There is little that indicates that Legion would be doing much better than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if Blizzard reads MMO-C forums, so proposals should probably be put on the actual WoW forums.

No, I really like legion, it was a great come back after WOD. However, as much as I like it, the next expansion should have ZERO fel or demons or the color green in general.

Deleted

BC and Wotlk were both very good expansions so your logic doesn't seem to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    BC and Wotlk were both very good expansions so your logic doesn't seem to work.
    Not really, especially TBC was detested around the time of its release, mostly related to the casualisation of WoW and the removal of 40 man raids. Everyone above here seems to forget such things later on.

Deleted
    Well for all those folks saying 'everyone liked all previous expansions besides WoD' thats blatanly not true. There were major issues with various expansions at various times and mostly Cata & WoD were quite universally hated. Rose tinted glasses dimmed that somewhat, but the criticism for cataclysm was there and it was quite vocal.
    Nice data you've got there, really convinced by "quite universally hated" and "quite vocal" parts. You do realize that just by saying something doesnt make it true right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is true but financial numbers looked good mid-expansion in WoD as well.
    There is little that indicates that Legion would be doing much better than WoD.
    Apart from the Activision Q reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    Nice data you've got there, really convinced by "quite universally hated" and "quite vocal" parts. You do realize that just by saying something doesnt make it true right?

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from the Activision Q reports?
    What ábout them?