Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    its not race baiting, its pointing out that only when the media makes race an issue do people burn shit down and riot.

- - - Updated - - -

so hold on, you think that campus police have rubber bullets, tear gas, and flashbangs?
    Clearly the police should have shot him in the knee with a crossbow.

seems like the officer did his job. well done.

Damn liberal arts majors.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Is he black? Do we need to riot?
    Thank you for making me laugh out loud, and beating me to pretty much what i was going to say. Awesome comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjMpn7JCJ0 pretty much shows how fast someone with a knife can attack, these are both professionals as well. Police officers are not experts with their weapons they may have put range time on them but they are not amazing marksmen.
    Last edited by Jayrod238; 2017-09-18 at 04:39 AM.
    FPS underground youtube channel! Subscribe if you like us!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSunder?feature=watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Yes, correct. Clearly you're bankrupt of any social decency to be this bold and disrespectful to someone who potentially committed suicide.
    And for the record they has a long history pre-Shakespeare of being used as a singular pronoun so try again fool.
    Gotta admire your efforts to be Tennisace like...

I would shoot him/her in the leg

but that's just me
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrod238 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjMpn7JCJ0 pretty much shows how fast someone with a knife can attack, these are both professionals as well. Police officers are not experts with their weapons they may have put range time on them but they are not amazing marksmen.
    Just lol, so, you have some elite knife fighter as an example for how fast someone can come to you with a knife... Right, somehow i do not think that there are massive amounts of elite knife fighters out there for the cops to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can you offer a citation? Because the idea is incredibly stupid. I have a hard time believing this is true.
    In most European countries you can't get guns, unless you have very hard to get licenses. (hunting, sport shooting)
    It was even an offense if you used a baton if someone came at you with fists.
    Like sticks < knives < gun.

They changed the laws in my country, so you can now kill someone if they threaten your life.
    Before this change, if someone broke in your home and tried to murder you and you "accidentally" ended up killing him, you went to jail.

Deleted
    Seems that often when US cops shoot someone it's because the person on the receiving end of the pistol fails to follow directions, even being so stupid to walk towards the officer with a knife in hand.

Suicide by cop maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    no? but that gets shit for coverage, the person who commented was pointing out the news only hypes racial shit.

The way the news talked about the riots involving the whites was extremely different. It was jovial and they had new lines such as "clean up nicely " because some sople started cleaning after the riot and "rowdy kids". The media bias was heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    According to the parents it was implied that the engineering student wielding the knife was mentally ill.
    Their photo wasn't proof enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morg View Post
    Here in Australia (or most other civilised locations)

Option 1: Tazer the kid, he goes down hard but doesn't die.
    Option 2: Two presumably well trained (do cops do training in the US?) realise he has a tiny knife and there wearing vests and they tackle the idiot. Result, potential minor cuts to cops, kid probably gets a solid beat down but not dead.

Honestly what the fuck is wrong with the cops in your country, they all need there guns taken away from them
    Life isn't a movie. Armed assailants aren't creeping towards cops at a steady walking pace while uttering exposition. At any moment, someone holding a knife can lunge and kill you before you can blink. If you don't want cops using their guns when someone is coming at them with a knife, when should they use them?

So he was not taking his medicine and no one was giving a shit?

Yet another case of "don't approach officers while wielding a weapon."
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Dumbest question I've seen on here.
    Only dumb to an American.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Because of potential dangers like this? What if he targeted fellow students, would you ask the same question?
    Apart from this case ending in a tragic death, would you prefer no officers to be present?
    I guess one could ask for there to properly educated police force to beginning with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yes, they are normal police with extra training on how to handle students. A big univerisity would have its own precinct, sergeants, lieutenants, etc.
    Extra training?
    You mean normal police has even less training?
    Would that mean they wouldn't be expected to be able to speak or something?
    Just try to kill anything that moves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    They killed a mentally disturbed person wielding a multi tool. In any other developed nation that would be seen as wrong.
    Try an be less obtuse. A multi-tool still has a bladed edge capable of inflicting death or serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The US police force are by far the least trained and least qualified police force in the modern world.
    No doubt a qualified opinion on the matter. Emphasis on "qualified".

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Why don't you research the training requirements and compare before jumping to conclusions. That's what intelligent people do.
    I did, and it is an embarrasment to the USA what they allow as police training.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I provided a source.
    Two small problems.

One, your source even allows for aiming center of mass.
    Two, your statement was
    It's common police procedure in European nations to try wounding first (after non-lethal measures have failed) before going straight to killing people.
    Providing a single police agency source (and likely the most progressive government in Europe) as a source for being "common police procedure in European nations" is far from supporting evidence. As there are about 50 nations in Europe, I'll accept 15 or so of what you provided - without the clause that allows aiming center of mass - to support your actual statement.

the truth is that the vast majority of police forces in the world understand that shoot to injure is just not smart - it's a good way for the officer or a bystander to end up severely injured or dead.