View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, don't kill her, I doubt she will make that mistake again.

I'm interested in knowing how many times she was widowed.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Hmm, a poll about the life or death of a human being...? I find that quite on the edge of the terms of service of any forums no matter what that person did.

If there is actual hard evidence she commited murder or terrorists acts on Iraqi soil I'd say it's up to their justice system to apply whatever the consequences there are. Untill that hasn't been brought up she's to be treated as a captured enemy combatant.

For now I'd say you shouldn't be sentenced to death only for being am member and most definitly don't let people on the internet decide over the lifes of others even if it's just hypothetical.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's a foreign national, as far as I'm concerned she should see justice in her nation. I don't pretend to know the factors relating to the case so I won't cast judgement.

Germans are pussies compared to the Russians. So it doesn't surprise me they want to stop it.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Unless she has committed terror acts and murdered people she shouldn't.
    She is classified as a combatant, as she was found in a shelter with bomb vests etc. if I recall correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Germans are pussies compared to the Russians. So it doesn't surprise me they want to stop it.
    The added bonus of not killing her is that she won't be a martyr, recruiting more idiots to blow themselves up. The best way to deal with these fanatic terrorists is to put them in prison, where murderers belong, and have them fade from memory and serve their insignificant little shit lives behind bars until they die of old age in a state of dementia.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The added bonus of not killing her is that she won't be a martyr, recruiting more idiots to blow themselves up. The best way to deal with these fanatic terrorists is to put them in prison, where murderers belong, and have them fade from memory and serve their insignificant little shit lives behind bars until they die of old age in a state of dementia.
    I understand your reasoning, but i think some higher and stricter morals should be enforced and make examples of them like the russians do.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

15+ Year Old Account
    What a question. She's a German citizen and if any she should be trialled here and not some backwater country the US decided to invade a couple of times and making something like ISIS possible in the first place. At 16 years she's still counted as juvenile and juveniles are still supposed to be under the custody of their parents.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    What a question. She's a German citizen and if any she should be trialled here and not some backwater country the US decided to invade a couple of times and making something like ISIS possible in the first place. At 16 years she's still counted as juvenile and juveniles are still supposed to be under the custody of their parents.
    She isn't a German citizen on anything but your registry. She gave it up when she willing moved to another country to get away from you, in her mind it was infinitely better to be in the middle of the desert away from all your conveniences than to be a citizen of Germany. Your attempt to claim her back is just feminist white knight drivel. You have no authority over a murderer/accomplice to murder just because she was born in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    So, you are against freedom of speech?
    this isn't even remotely comparable to freedom of speech in any way, shape, or form.

this is like if some redneck went and joined the KKK and his band was actually out killing minorities instead of just being annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Odds over/under 99% she was raped over and over in her service to Isis. Why do young women think it's a good idea to join Isis?
    If i remember correctly she was married to one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    She isn't a German citizen on anything but your registry. She gave it up when she willing moved to another country to get away from you, in her mind it was infinitely better to be in the middle of the desert away from all your conveniences than to be a citizen of Germany. Your attempt to claim her back is just feminist white knight drivel. You have no authority over a murderer/accomplice to murder just because she was born in your country.
    Germany has no extradition treaty with Iraq and the country would not fulfill the criteria to get one.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    I understand your reasoning, but i think some higher and stricter morals should be enforced and make examples of them like the russians do.
    Yeah, we don't like Russia very much these days. There's a reason for that. I prefer to live in a country that doesn't stoop down to the levels of Russia.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Do we not agree that she is the head of the commonwealth?

- - - Updated - - -

Both were executed by people following the laws of the land. ISIS controlled the territory in which he was executed, so they followed out their rules, according to the mainstream narrative.
    She is the head of the Commonwealth, she does not have any power.

ISIS is not recognized as a sovereign nation by anybody other than themselves, the US(and any other country you'll likely come up with) is recognized as a sovereign nation by the UN(meaning basically all other countries)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah, we do actually. She's still a German citizen, you don't get to lose citizenship because you do something stupid. You lose it when the country releases you from that citizenship. Germany hasn't done that in this case and so Germany absolutely has full authority over her.

Easily disprovable. She has executive power, as is expected of a ruler.

http://bmsf.org.uk/about-the-monarch...h-m-the-queen/
    Yes, formally she has power. In reality if she uses any of it(or rather, tries to), the government of the UK will take her powers away. She's purely for ceremony.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, we do actually. She's still a German citizen, you don't get to lose citizenship because you do something stupid. You lose it when the country releases you from that citizenship. Germany hasn't done that in this case and so Germany absolutely has full authority over her.
    You can demand all you want, pretend you own her life as you desperately virtue signal. Its laughable that in one hand you'll argue there shouldn't be any borders or nationalities, then on the other demand someone benefit from the location they were born in order to protect them from the consequences of their actions. Its disgusting how little you care about the peoples lives that she and the organisation she represents have affected so you can give her a book deal and a free ride because "the poor thing didn't know what she was doing". You clamour on about refugees and how they should be protected when this person was a member of the organisation responsible for so many of them leaving Syria or dying there. You and any like you are cowards.

You really asked such question in this forum, OP? What, needed another shitstorm where every tough macho screams about execution?
    P.S.
    On topic, no, she shouldnt. She needs rehabilitation and help. China executes hundreds (at least) each year, for a lot of reasons, and...? Nothing has changed. Look at Norway's example instead.
    Would be even better if most of you went to learn about human psychology and how easily teens can be influenced and brainwashed instead of just screaming how she made that choice.

lot of teen join isis by having their brain washed. they instantly regret it, and when they want to go back it's no possible. sentence by death thoose kind of people is pointless. but if she fully embrace the isis idiology it's totaly different.

You can demand all you want, pretend you own her life as you desperately virtue signal. Its laughable that in one hand you'll argue there shouldn't be any borders or nationalities, then on the other demand someone benefit from the location they were born in order to protect them from the consequences of their actions. Its disgusting how little you care about the peoples lives that she and the organisation she represents have affected so you can give her a book deal and a free ride because "the poor thing didn't know what she was doing". You clamour on about refugees and how they should be protected when this person was a member of the organisation responsible for so many of them leaving Syria or dying there. You and any like you are cowards.
    I'm not sure if you know me enough to actually make those statements. But nothing I said is inconsistent, really. In fact, I base my statements on how the real world works. And you seem to live in a fantasy world where the internet rules apply and you're somehow magically right, because you want it or something?

This isn't about giving her the harshest punishment. This is about law and order. We can't have people take our citizens and do with them what they want? Look at Turkey and what they're doing, arresting random German citizens left and right. That's what we're really trying to avoid. Nobody here gives two shits if that chick is getting hung in Iraq. It's the principle that's at stake. Apparently, in the Middle East people think they can get away with abducting German citizens and do what they want with them.

No, it's not. That's why we're trying to get those citizens back and make sure there is a proper trial so they can get a proper punishment. And not a street court followed by a rope. You need to do all that, because if you don't, you'll empower organisations like IS that claim Germany and Europe are "out to get them" and break laws to mistreat Muslims, are enemies of Islam and so on and so forth.

But you knew that, right? Cos you read into the topic and how IS is recruiting people, right? You're aware that they absolutely try to justify anything they do with evil Europe and how we're breaking all kinds of moral and legal laws and that killing people in Europe via terror attacks is actually self defense, right? You're aware of the news, right? There's a reason Europe sticks to rules like that. And it's not because we're the good guys or cowards. Good guys don't need rules. Look in a history book and you'll see exactly why Europe needs these rules. Because we can just go in and get her. There's nothing anyone in the Middle East could do to stop Europe from going in and just smashing shit up. Our restraint has a reason. And you don't get to call us cowards for that.

If you break the law of a foreign country its really your own fault. If they have death penalty for a crime you commited thats your fault too. No one forced her to join ISIS and commit crimes. Germany should keep the fuck out of this mess. We dont need such radicals here anyway.