Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 7.3 - Orix the All-Seer, Blue Tweets, Build of the Month, DLC #599

Popular HearthPwn Standard and Wild Decks of the Week for September 17

Patch 7.3 - Orix the All-Seer
    Patch 7.3 added Orix the All-Seer and wants you to collect Intact Demon Eyes for various rewards!

Head to 60, 45 in Antoran Wastes and jump off the bridge to find his cave. You can click an All-Seer's Focus to get the Agent of the All-Seer buff that allows you to collect the eyes. Be careful, as the buff causes you to take 100% additional damage!

Level Type Name Cost
    1Junk Squished Demon Eye50 x Intact Demon Eye
    1Companion Pets Cross Gazer1000 x Intact Demon Eye
    1Other Gift of the All-Seer200 x Intact Demon Eye
    110Other All-Seer's Eye1000 x Intact Demon Eye
    1Other Observer's Locus Resonator500 x Intact Demon Eye
    1Other All-Seer's Draught25 x Intact Demon Eye

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Build of the Month - September 2017
    Each month or so we will post a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

All of the parts on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you purchase your parts through them it helps support the site!

This month
    The current SSD prices are fairly flat right now, with most SSDs under $0.50 per gigabyte when on sale.

Depending on how much you want to overclock, you may need to spend a bit more for a better CPU cooler like the NH-D15.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or streaming, you do not need the 7700K and would get more performance from spending that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions!

Peripherals

Narwhal

MonitorDell U2414H Monitor$225
    KeyboardLogitech G710+$99
    MouseLogitech G502$50
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1$50

Unicorn

MonitorDell U2715H Monitor$533
    KeyboardCorsair K70$103
    MouseRazer Naga Chroma$60
    SpeakersLogitech Z523$74

Puppy and Dolphin
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Puppy and Dolphin.

Puppy

Updated September 18, 2017
    $575
    Case Carbide Series 200R$65
    Power Supply EVGA 600B$54
    CPU Intel G4500$71
    Heatsink Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$20
    Motherboard MSI Pro Z270$104
    Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4$79
    Graphics Card Gigabyte GTX 1050$115
    Hard Drive Western Digital Blue 1TB$50
    DVD Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW$22

Dolphin

$942
    Case Carbide Series 200R$65
    Power Supply EVGA 600B$54
    CPU Intel 7600K$222
    Heatsink Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO$20
    Motherboard ASUS Z270-K$140
    Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4$79
    Graphics Card GTX 1060 3GB$220
    Hard Drive Western Digital Black 2TB$120

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn.

Narwhal

$1244
    Case Cooler Master HAF 912$40
    Power Supply EVGA GQ 650W$85
    CPU Intel 7600K$222
    Heatsink Noctua NH-U12S$58
    Motherboard ASUS Z270-A$145
    Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4$152
    Graphics Card GTX 1060 OR
    GTX 1070
    $300
    $440
    SSD Crucial MX300 275GB OR
    Samsung Evo 850 250GB
    $100
    $100

Unicorn

$1501
    Case Corsair Air 540$120
    Power Supply EVGA GQ 650W$85
    CPU Intel 7600K$222
    Heatsink Noctua 6 NH-D15$90
    Motherboard ASUS Z270-A$145
    Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4$152
    Graphics Card GTX 1070 $440
    SSD SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256GB$105

Dark Legacy Comics #599
    DLC #599 has been released.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-19 at 05:24 AM.

Orix The All-seer seems like a lot of work for very pointless rewards. A pet and a "mind vision" toy with a short duration and long cooldown.

That poor, poor mana ray.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Orix The All-seer seems like a lot of work for very pointless rewards. A pet and a "mind vision" toy with a short duration and long cooldown.
    So completely optional then
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

It's also the only way other than teaming up with someone to get one of the rare mobs for the achievement.

The real reward is Sightless Eye. So useful that it shouldn't even be a toy, lol. You need to buy the portal for 500 first and get it to drop, or have someone give you the portal. It's also an extra rare you can kill every day for shards.

For anybody looking to do this, do it in a 5 man group finder group. Anything else is too slow and dangerous. Plus mob spawns ramp up with more in the area. Try that humanoid area near the Watcher rare.

100% more dmg taken just for a companion pet ? No thanks

He also gives access to another rare that drops a 10min "stealth" toy that has only a 5 min cd. It does break on any dmg, including fall dmg, and isn't even as good as rogue stealth imo but its nice for running alts thru stuff. I use it when I have my kill count but have not collected enough x items so I don't have to fight more crap. Mains can 1-2 shot things but my alts not so much lol.

Gotta love the blatant favoritism toward Intel and nvidia every month.

So that's a pet I'm never gonna get given I'm on a PVP server where my faction has 10-15% representation. Sweet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No AMD Ryzen configurations, really ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    You're answer to that is the same reason why the Unircorn build doesn't have a 1080for a graphics card, the person doing it doesn't know their stuff.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Build of the month... september 2016? Who the hell buys 7th gen right now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    100% more dmg taken just for a companion pet ? No thanks
    It's not so bad if you are in tank spec on in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by inyu View Post
    Apparently whoever makes the builds is either biased or ignorant. Price per performance Ryzen destroys Intel. Even if you compare the 7700k to a ryzen 5 1700 the FPS loss is minimal in games that use single core performance. Streaming Ryzen easily destroys.

RX 480 is still a viable option if you can't afford a 1070/1080 or VEGA yet hey are never mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by WyriHaximus
    We are battling big ass dragons, huge fire elementals, gone mad paladins and you worry about something small like this?

Quote Originally Posted by serish View Post
    Gotta love the blatant favoritism toward Intel and nvidia every month.

I think these systems are build for running WoW above all else, and Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs are simply much better for Wow. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    You're answer to that is the same reason why the Unircorn build doesn't have a 1080for a graphics card, the person doing it doesn't know their stuff.

No, because a 1080 is wasted money for running wow. A 1070 can run it flawlessly, even at 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by serish View Post
    Apparently whoever makes the builds is either biased or ignorant. Price per performance Ryzen destroys Intel. Even if you compare the 7700k to a ryzen 5 1700 the FPS loss is minimal in games that use single core performance. Streaming Ryzen easily destroys.
    I mean now your bias is showing.
    1) Ryzen does not "destroy" intel in price per performance. It depends greatly on what budget tier you're going for. (Refer to this.)
    2) Streaming does not take as much CPU power as you might think and you're likely to see zero difference in a r5 vs 7700k when it comes to streaming. Once again your liberal use of the word "destroy" shows your bias.

I don't agree with the build of the month but lets not spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Build of the month... september 2016? Who the hell buys 7th gen right now?

Because 8th Gen is not available as of now.

Orix the All-Seer isn't always in his cave; does he despawn after a while? Anyone know his respawn time, or is there a certain condition for him to spawn? I don't see any mention of him not being there in the Wowhead comments.