Quote Originally Posted by Reji View Post
    Does anyone know of any hidden gems on the E-shop? I only own BoTW and snipper clips. Nothing is really sparking any interest until Super Mario Odyssey.

May grab shovel Knight though because I loves it on the 3ds.
    Sonic Mania is an obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Very badly coded mess.

But I suppose that's just another Switch issue instead of EA doing bad coding work in their end.
    I mean yes its 2k, but fact remains that Switch still needs more storage than it has.

Does anyone know of any hidden gems on the E-shop? I only own BoTW and snipper clips. Nothing is really sparking any interest until Super Mario Odyssey.

Shovel knight treasure trove, sonic, splatoon the octopath traveller demo will easily get you 4 hours of free entertainment
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    So, what I am wondering is, Will Pokken DX sell the least of the "major" nintendo exclusives coming out this year
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    ARMS
    SPlatoon 2
    Mario+Rabbids
    Pokken
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade

I can't see Pokken outselling any of these or even really doing that well, Pokken sold around 1.3M on Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 1.8-2M on Switch.
    Yes. 10 characters. I dont know anyone that gives a fuck about Pokken. Ill be surprised it it sells 1m this entire year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'd be surprised if it sold 1 million. Out of all the things to port pokken is probably the worst. It's not that good and more characters isn't going to help it, people will not buy it for the Voice acting alone....
    We had the same thought it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'd be surprised if it sold 1 million. Out of all the things to port pokken is probably the worst. It's not that good and more characters isn't going to help it, people will not buy it for the Voice acting alone....
    I know they have their niches but not a lot of people even care about pure fighting games anymore I think. At least not a lot with Switches. I doubt Arms has sold much more than it did since we saw its sales last quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    ARMS is barely over a mil WW and has no legs.

Fire Emblem Warriors(switch version only) probably isn't going to sell gangbusters either nor is Xenoblade 2(1 mil in 2017 would be amazing sales wise for both).

If we compare them to Hyrule Warriors which sold barely over a mil on the Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X which sold barely under a mil on the Wii U Pokken beat both. Pokken beat both while releasing in the final year of the Wii Us life when it was dead as fuck. Pokken on Wii Us first month sales also beat ARMS on the Switch FWIW.

Pokken probably outsells all 3 of those on brand alone, even with your prediction for it's sales...
    Yeah Pokemon is like Mario in that. Like you said about Rabbids. Rabbids would get lower scores and sell less without Mario, but still think that one is fun personally. What I really want it a Pokemon Xcom like game for Switch. That could be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, the last report for ARMS was 1 million in June, I imagine is has risen since then and will beat 2 million lifetime.

Fire Emblem I could see selling less though as it is releasing in a terrible spot, 10 days after Shadow of War, 3 days after South Park, 7 days before Odyssey and Assasins Creed, and 4 days before DestinyPC
    Seems to me that all the games people think will sell less are fighting games. Musso games are so boring too. You would have to love FE to buy that garbage. The only Musso game I would ever consider buying would be Musso Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonderboy is really fun
    I might be stupid but I cant get past the first 30 minutes. I don't know if its just that hard, or if im at a later level than Im supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Get Kamiko if you like old school zelda. Its only a few bucks and has probably 2-6 hours of entertainment depending on how fast you are. I had my fun with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, NBA 2k18 REALLY needs some AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah Pokemon is like Mario in that. Like you said about Rabbids. Rabbids would get lower scores and sell less without Mario, but still think that one is fun personally. What I really want it a Pokemon Xcom like game for Switch. That could be fun.
    have you played pokemon conquest? its not quite xcom but its a very good strategy pokemon game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    ARMS is barely over a mil WW and has no legs.
    This made me laugh far more than it should have when I read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you played pokemon conquest? its not quite xcom but its a very good strategy pokemon game.
    Have not Ill check it out thanks.

Pokémon Conquest sequel for Switch.

Granted, it's more of a Fire Emblem style tactics RPG than XCom, but still.

Voez is real good if you like Rhythm games. Originally a f2p ios game but it sold songs in packs and it got a bit steep whereas the switch version has everything and adds new songs for free and is totally worth it if you like games like ouendan or lumines.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Voez is real good if you like Rhythm games. Originally a f2p ios game but it sold songs in packs and it got a bit steep whereas the switch version has everything and adds new songs for free and is totally worth it if you like games like ouendan or lumines.

Oh, forgot that. Have tried it on phone, it's actually pretty good.

Though since it is a touchscreen game, you can only play it on handheld mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh, forgot that. Have tried it on phone, it's actually pretty good.

Though since it is a touchscreen game, you can only play it on handheld mode.
    Honestly its all i use the touchscreen for, but throw on some headphones plugged into your switch and its the most fun music game i've played since Elite Beat Agents or Guitar Hero 2.

I mean yes its 2k, but fact remains that Switch still needs more storage than it has.
    Funny you should say that. The Switch actually has an unused port right by it's existing internal memory. Considering the design of the Switch is so that no space is wasted, it is rather ODD that a SINGULAR PORT is unused with empty space there.

Opens up the possibility that they may add more internal storage to it down the road (or people will find a way to add their own), and release it as a newer version.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit late to the party to play this one, but my wife surprised me by picking up Mario+Rabbids this weekend. I must say, I have been pleasantly surprised at how much fun I've had with it in the opening hours.

Quick! Pre order this mobile racing game!!!

Honestly seems okay for a mobile game, I won't get it, but still. My Switch library will be too crowded throughout the rest of the year anyway with all the games coming out.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/nint...sse-1505718700

Swedish broker firm Credit Suisse upgrades Nintendo's stock to Outperform from Neutral and expects the Switch to sell 130 million units by 2022 (year 6).
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2017-09-19 at 12:49 AM.

Hmmm...one of the local walmarts has four switches in stock maybe more in the back....I'm so tempted to buy it...but I am tempted not to touch it at the same time...I'd buy splatoon 2/Zelda for sure....but idk part of me is like why waste money on a nintendo console after you did the same with the Wii U which was an overall disaster for a console.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Hmmm...one of the local walmarts has four switches in stock maybe more in the back....I'm so tempted to buy it...but I am tempted not to touch it at the same time...I'd buy splatoon 2/Zelda for sure....but idk part of me is like why waste money on a nintendo console after you did the same with the Wii U which was an overall disaster for a console.
    Consider this: you are getting the full support of Nintendo behind this thing, and not split on a handheld and console (well, not until after the 3DS is fully dead, but still), and you have one of the best launch years of any console.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Consider this: you are getting the full support of Nintendo behind this thing, and not split on a handheld and console (well, not until after the 3DS is fully dead, but still), and you have one of the best launch years of any console.
    Consider this.

Best is subjective. Launching a load of ports while good might not be up everyone's alley especially if they bought them already for other systems. Some of their original titles are pretty alright though. And the early stock issues were on Nintendo. They failed to meet demand early on.

Also might be a hybrid but all that dock is there for is to allow it to be used on a TV. It's essentially Tegra architecture which is more aimed at handheld stuff. I mean yes it is a hybrid console but the architecture used is similar if not the same as the one used in smaller devices.

And full support for how long? We have no idea how the future of this system will pan out. I personally don't think they should even be trying to phase out the 3DS because the 3DS line can still be a strong suit for them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-19 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And full support for how long? We have no idea how the future of this system will pan out. I personally don't think they should even be trying to phase out the 3DS because the 3DS line can still be a strong suit for them.
    There's no reason to continue to push the 3DS further besides the fact that it has the install base already. They can't carry it forever though.

If they put the same support into the Switch though, it will help it far more than a system that's already outdated.