Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Try Tempest Keep - free legendaries every week just for you!
    and as I recall there are 6 there... Wow.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, that's the rate at which they drop if you're actually actively play the game: do relevant raiding content, run M+, hunt rares on Argus, do WQs, etc.

If you aren't doing any of those, you don't need legendaries to drop that often then...
    1 a week for simply 'actively playing the game' is an overstatement. People I've seen report one a week are usually doing all available raids on LFR/Normal/Heroic, all emissaries, regular Argus rares/treasure chests and several M+ per week. With enough time available then that's perfectly possible but it's hardly average game time.

Since coming back to the game I do all LFRs, emissaries, Argus content (I've stopped with Broken Shore now) and an M+ a day and I've got legendaries at the rate of about 1 per 3 weeks. I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Nah dude.. why would Blizz want that? They want people coming back to the game now to struggle their asses off... catching up on the artifact, not having any legendries and even if they luckily get one - it won't be a good one, let's not forget faction reps.
    My Warlock was lvl 100 when The third wing of ToS LFR opened up and through levelling, follower missions and dailies she's exalted with all the non-Argus factions apart from the Nightfallen (I've barely touched the Suramar questlines). Her two main spec weapons are Artifact Level 63/60 and she has an overall ilvl of 920, even with lfr 4 piece dragging that number down a little. It's hardly cutting edge gear but it's honestly not the grind you think it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    You're given nearly free 910 loot so much so that the previous gear grind Is made pointless and now you want basically free legendaries every week? What's become of today's playerbase when you want free epic loot and free legendaries left right and center? Earn your damn gear, I know WoW Is encouraging you to take that free shiz and I'm In a love hate relationship with Wow ever since but comeone how's that fun?

Back In my days, I earned my epic by going throguh Stratholme and even then I didn't get the Sword or the mount or anything else possibly (But then Vanilla was a bit broken, but still).

And legendaries I actually earned by working towards them, go Into the very Molten Core and lair of the Firelord himself, to take the Ingots I got from his Lieutantts and re-forge the very Hammer of the Firelord upon the Anvil of the Dark Iron Dwarves underneath the blackrock mountain.

Or...

You go run around broken shore and from the corpse of a wolf drops a Ring of Awesome Cheese because luck.

Which of those sounds more legendary?

STOP encouraging Blizzard to add more RNG elements to the game, especially surrounding giving you a RANDOM LEGENDARY of all things, jebus christ on a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    For hardcore raiding and pvping guilds It sadly Is, see what legendaries do when they drop randomly everywhere like candy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Try Tempest Keep - free legendaries every week just for you!
    I like you.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-09-18 at 11:08 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    If you get a bad one, you go and farm some more untill you get good ones. Or just don't do it and continue crying here. Whatever makes you happy.
    Yeah, because we're not allowed to discuss things we dislike, that's crying. We just have to accept bad systems.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The fact you're still meme-ing that prydaz and sephuz aren't throughput increases just kind of invalidates what you say alone. They were over-budgeted to add throughput back in one of the .5 patches a long time ago.

So it might be a 3% dps increase instead of a 6 or 7% dps increase. Oh well. You will eventually get what you want if you keep at it.
    Did I say they doubled your DPS or something? No. They're DPS increases that some will have and some will not have simply through RNG of which magical orange happened to drop for you in which order. I think my point of the system being pretty shit until you have all the good ones is quite a valid one. You will arbitrarily do less healing, DPS or survivability (for tanks) until you get all the good ones, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    1 a week for simply 'actively playing the game' is an overstatement. People I've seen report one a week are usually doing all available raids on LFR/Normal/Heroic, all emissaries, regular Argus rares/treasure chests and several M+ per week. With enough time available then that's perfectly possible but it's hardly average game time.
    In my case I was doing 5/9M ToS + full M NH + HC ToS and NH, weekly M+ for the chest, emissaries, no LFR or N whatsoever. From my experience, LFR and N, esp of older raids, contribute quite little to BLP.

Clearing HCs was a weekend activity, it's more time efficient than LFR, esp on DPS chars. Queue takes too long, and in some LFR groups KJ can last longer than full HC NH run T_T

I think it's an okay amount of content for 1 char, if one tries to do the same on multiple chars that might be PITA T_T I was doing all these things because I rerolled rogue for ToS and I needed legendaries >_>
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-09-18 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, because we're not allowed to discuss things we dislike, that's crying. We just have to accept bad systems.
    Apparently that is what the majority seems to believe we should do. The poster Felfaadaern Darkterror put up sums their mentality "Wish less, Work more" - perfect motto for a SLAVE, never striving to improve or even questioning status quo. There's a lot of unreasonable crying out there and all but the constructive criticism simply gets washed away by arrogant fanboys & wannabe elitists in their attempts to drown the "real" whiners.

As I and many others have mentioned over and over again, a lot of the frustration would at least have been addressed if the "legendary/welfare epics" system was in a framework in which we could measure our progress. The BLP is there but we need visible artifacts (*culture, not talking about the weapon).

At this point I hope they'll go all korean style on the next expansion, all in on micro-transaction and RNG - just burn it all to the ground... What are the chances they'll talk about the next expansion at Blizzcon? Or is it more likely that they are going to focus on everything else and 7.3.5?
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-18 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Did I say they doubled your DPS or something? No. They're DPS increases that some will have and some will not have simply through RNG of which magical orange happened to drop for you in which order. I think my point of the system being pretty shit until you have all the good ones is quite a valid one. You will arbitrarily do less healing, DPS or survivability (for tanks) until you get all the good ones, end of story.

You'll do less, but it won't be game-breaking.
    If your char doesn't have all the legendaries by now, it clearly isn't cutting edge. A good/bad legendary on a non-cutting edge toon is highly irrelevant. Sure you might "feel bad" not having the "best" but people here have a habit of making you think that the game is unplayable and classes are broken without the "best" ones.

The only class with such a variance was BM and the legendary effect was patched into the classes baseline toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The fact you're still meme-ing that prydaz and sephuz aren't throughput increases just kind of invalidates what you say alone. They were over-budgeted to add throughput back in one of the .5 patches a long time ago.

So it might be a 3% dps increase instead of a 6 or 7% dps increase. Oh well. You will eventually get what you want if you keep at it.
    Serious question, are you mentally ill? Because why would it bother you if someone got a good item without all the now pointless grinding (you didn't grind leggos before you earned them PASSIVELY doing other activities...activities that are now mostly not beneficial to do) if you're not mentally ill?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yes, clear all the old redundant raids on 4 different difficulties.

Did you even read the thread?

- - - Updated - - -

It's hilarious how far we've fallen TBH.

Valanyr and shadowmourne weren't fun, lmao.

Valanyr was "get picked first to never miss a raid till i got 30 frags"
    Shadowmourne was "get picked first to never miss a raid till i got 50 shards"

Revisionist wow at it's finest.

And people, especially here, loathed both mop and wod's questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with how they are but I did wish at one point that we could have had some way to hunt for specific legendaries. It sucked doing the affliction warlock challenge without the ring, I read a lot of people doing it with the ring and it was a joke for them. Literally removed any challenging aspect from it ~_~ Luckily I managed to do it without the ring but that was the one time I really really wish I could have hunted a specific legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I am happy with how they are but I did wish at one point that we could have had some way to hunt for specific legendaries. It sucked doing the affliction warlock challenge without the ring, I read a lot of people doing it with the ring and it was a joke for them. Literally removed any challenging aspect from it ~_~ Luckily I managed to do it without the ring but that was the one time I really really wish I could have hunted a specific legendary.

and if you had the ring before the challenge, you'd be crying about how useless it was

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Truth be told, I don't like legion legendary system that much, but I prefer it to what we had in MoP/WoD >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    and if you had the ring before the challenge, you'd be crying about how useless it was
    It's cute that you assume such a thing :P I'd have been happy with the ring before, during, and after the challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yes, clear all the old redundant raids on 4 different difficulties.

Did you even read the thread?

- - - Updated - - -

It's hilarious how far we've fallen TBH.
    No i have cleared them on 2 difficulties. and why? because i want next legendary faster. If you want something you have to do things for them. If you are lazy or dont have time, its not bad game design. I also dont want this exact leg. system but my only issue is you cant target legendary and its total random.

Valanyr and shadowmourne weren't fun, lmao.

Valanyr was "get picked first to never miss a raid till i got 30 frags"
    Shadowmourne was "get picked first to never miss a raid till i got 50 shards"

Revisionist wow at it's finest.

I agree with this mostly, but the only thing refreshing about MOP/WOD leggos were the simple fact that you were no longer subject to being under some piece of shit guild leader pimping his friends out over everyone else in terms of leggos, but that's it. Variety is nice...but they should increase drop rates or something at this point ...anything to make it a less grindy experience. Because I'm telling you people are fucking quitting this game in droves people are done grinding. Antorus is not going to bring them all back all the sudden. Game will never be as active as it was early xpac and during Nighthold until another xpac drops. What does this mean? Game is gonna be very dead very soon if they don't just go all the way and eliminate a lot of the grinding, keep mythic raiding hard keep pvp exclusive the rest...that's the meat of the game everyone should be able to join an because they're not able to this xpac hasn't been great for anyone but the die hards.

It's cute that you assume such a thing :P I'd have been happy with the ring before, during, and after the challenge.
    Yeah I'm 100% sure you would've loved the ring that added less dps than prydaz/sephuz.

Are you playing VDH by any chance?

Deleted
    Exactly. You can be a casual but want to run tower challenges on more than 1 character and if you are not lucky then you will miss out with some. And overgearing only compensates the fact that you don't get tier bonuses and best trinkets if you don't raid.

I would not mind to have only a few legendaries per character if I could target the ones that are recommended for the challenges. You know, like you could target your specific gear pieces in former expansions by killing specific bosses and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I agree with this mostly, but the only thing refreshing about MOP/WOD leggos were the simple fact that you were no longer subject to being under some piece of shit guild leader pimping his friends out over everyone else in terms of leggos, but that's it. Variety is nice...but they should increase drop rates or something at this point ...anything to make it a less grindy experience. Because I'm telling you people are fucking quitting this game in droves people are done grinding. Antorus is not going to bring them all back all the sudden. Game will never be as active as it was early xpac and during Nighthold until another xpac drops. What does this mean? Game is gonna be very dead very soon if they don't just go all the way and eliminate a lot of the grinding, keep mythic raiding hard keep pvp exclusive the rest...that's the meat of the game everyone should be able to join an because they're not able to this xpac hasn't been great for anyone but the die hards.
    Droprates are fine. They said it from the onset that the idea was for you to play the toons you want to gear. Getting 2 legendaries pretty quickly with the existence of crafted legendaries gives your fresh toons plenty catchup.

You don't need your 2 bis to be competitive at any kind of pug level.