Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Private cameras in private hands on private land for 99.9% of the cameras there.

0.1% is owned by police and such.
    Oh really who uses them then? I thought London had full CCTV for some reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he meant their Internet and then further reinforced this by saying their sites and internet. So, how does that mean all internet? =.= someone explain this to me. I am pretty sure we read the same tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's the part where he says he's going to talk to Bill Gates about "closing" the internet that cracks me up so hard. There are so many things wrong with just that single statement, but it's such a hilarious image. MISTER COMPUTER MAN, PLEASE CLOSE THE TUBES OF THE INTERNETS!!!
    Mental image: Bill Gates' eyes glazing over during the convo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Pretty sure he meant their Internet and then further reinforced this by saying their sites and internet. So, how does that mean all internet? =.= someone explain this to me. I am pretty sure we read the same tweet.
    Who is their?

As a side note, I worked for the web hosting company that hosted either hamas.com or Isis.com on 9/11... it was hacked within hours of it being confirmed as Bin Laden by a Russian hacker. Putting up a 'wanted dead or alive' image of Bin Laden, with alive crossed out.

Edit: Remembered! We hosted Taliban.com...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-09-17 at 03:47 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Another terrorist attack in London and people find a way to make it about Trump. Weren't you all cheering when that white supremacist website was shut down? This sounds like a similar thing. Stopping known terrorist groups from being able to easily communicate sounds like a good strategy.
    Funny how this thread is about Trump's tweet, not about the attack itself.

So . . . who made it about Trump? Oh right, Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing about threats doesn't necessarily mean they can do something about it. They might not have had enough evidence to make a move.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to read the article.....

'I know about two weeks ago he was arrested by police at Parsons Green, for what I don't know and returned back to Penny and Ron.
    I'm going to wait for an official report from the authorities instead of gossip from a neighbor who doesn't know everything.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And what would you do about it?
    Stop importing problems because of social guilt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Another inappropriate tweet from twitler. That moron just can't keep his mouth shut.
    I love how people are more mad at trump than the terrorists that actively have been killing them.

I have to imagine Trump thinks the internet works like two tin cans connected by string but with one end being in England and the other going all the way to fuck I don't know Pakistan. this seems like yet another monumental failing from the police or whatever sort of national security agency they have there.

The internet is a series of London Tubes?

I guess I know some people would probably agree, given the quality of their service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Stop importing problems because of social guilt

- - - Updated - - -

I love how people are more mad at trump than the terrorists that actively have been killing them.
    And what of the people who were born there and are not immigrants?

And what of the people who were born there and are not immigrants?
    Do your best to integrate them, America gets a lot of shit for being racist(which we do have racism) however I can't think of anywhere else in the world that has integrated different cultures more effectively. We are not perfect and we are getting worse at it especially with the postmodernism on the left wing constantly trying to undermine our good values

10+ Year Old Account
    Do your best to integrate them, America gets a lot of shit for being racist(which we do have racism) however I can't think of anywhere else in the world that has integrated different cultures more effectively. We are not perfect and we are getting worse at it especially with the postmodernism on the left wing constantly trying to undermine our good values
    So your plan amounts to do your best? Well at least you have one you can explain to others. Certain posters on this board are pointless.

So your plan amounts to do your best? Well at least you have one you can explain to others. Certain posters on this board are pointless.
    I dont live in the UK, so I can only make an opinion based on what are probably biased news sources. However it seems like a lot of your muslim population segregates and follows their own value system. Thats not good

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont live in the UK, so I can only make an opinion based on what are probably biased news sources. However it seems like a lot of your muslim population segregates and follows their own value system. Thats not good
    Which is true for most immigrant populations, even in the US. You will have parts of neighborhoods or entire neighborhoods that are one immigrant group.

Every immigrant group in history has done this. China town, little Italy, Jewish/Irish quarters etc etc which are in every major city didn't pop up because of tourism. They came about over the centuries in the US because that's how people immigrate, they go to those they feel most comfortable with. Acting like this is something new, evil and trying to undermine the state is just ignorance of history.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh really who uses them then? I thought London had full CCTV for some reason
    Private companies use them mostly in shops to catch people shop lifting. Or vandalizing private buildings. You know if you got off fox news and Brietbart and joined reality you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    How will he Tweet though if the internet is cut off???
    He may not be aware that his tweets are on the internet, apparently he dictates them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Private companies use them mostly in shops to catch people shop lifting. Or vandalizing private buildings. You know if you got off fox news and Brietbart and joined reality you might learn something.
    I imagine that would look rather like a vampire stepping out into the sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do and it isn't helped by the fact that their faith dictates that they must live within a certain distance of their mosque, I believe. That tends to make neighbourhoods rather unintegrated.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

15+ Year Old Account
    how's he going to tweet then?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I don't see where it says he wants to shut down the whole internet bud.

While I hate to admit I agree with you that he doesn't really want to shut off the whole internet. It's the fact that he communicates worse than a 5 year old. Which in turn makes it very easy to misunderstand what he is saying.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2017-09-18 at 01:19 PM.