Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    4 summoner party is OP AF in tactician rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Has anyone gotten into a fight at the blackpits yet? There's a constant swarm of oil voidlings who grow bigger and turn into fire voidlings. They've set the entire place on fire and keep coming back when I kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fml I had no clue about this, I remember you could do it in Divinity 1, but it was pretty expensive and you could only do it really late in the game >.<

Thanks a ton for sharing that xD
    Yeah, quite surprising considering in first one it was like rare commodity at the second half of the game. Here? lulz... just re-spec yourself and all your companions gazillion times no problem, you can even remove talents and points you don't want from companions and reassign them as you like.

All pretty much immediately in Act 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without spoilers how many chapters/acts are there? The cloth map I got in the collectors edition shows quite a few zones.

I think I'm at the end of Act 2's main quest, hoping there are even more chapters waiting for me after I'm done with this act and the one after it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting this sad feeling that Act III might be the last Act and that it'll be pretty short. I hope otherwise but I have no way to tell.

Edit: Larian confirmed my fear. 25% of the game is Act 1, 50% is Act 2 and the last 25% is Act 3.

I've still got a few days worth of side quests in Act 2 to complete yet. But I'll be sad when I finally complete the game, it feels so close now.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-09-17 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Edit: Larian confirmed my fear. 25% of the game is Act 1, 50% is Act 2 and the last 25% is Act 3.
    Really? That's kinda sounds short...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas how strong is the (Colossal) Incarnate? Sort of already think Spider Skeleton as "family member" by now - having high damage, next to impossible to kill due to high health pool - but am I missing much by not learning Incarnate? They both scale on Summoning -stat.

Or, can I have multiple summons? Like, I can have 3 totems up.

Someone has already completed the game in honour mode... crazy bastard. And i don't even have the patience to endure the first 5 levels of Tactician mode to gear up. Since everything takes a while to kill :P

Played for a few hours, I feel like this is GOTY material (I was rooting for Nier:Automata so far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, looking at some "Walkthrough" for the parts I've already done (Act II spoiler).

Guess my quest simply bugged when I was doing that part, whole area felt a bit "out of place".. but guess that's what I get for using teleportation skills. Also makes me wonder how big part of it was the order I completed Quests in the area, since the walkthrough mentions usage of "Spirit Vision" and I didn't have that unlocked by the time I was down there.
    Spoiler: 
    Inside the Wrecker's Cave, you will find a survivor, but there appears to be no way to explore further. However, when you investigate the end of the cave, four Storm Wing Void woken will appear and attack you. You and your team members will be taken to the depth of the cave, separated.

One of your team member ( the main character) will be locked in a place without the enemy, explore the surroundings, you will find some letters regarding quest Shadow over Driftwood and The Law of the Order. If you talked to the dwarf in front of the strange device, you can also advance personal quest Ifan ben-Mezd. The door to other areas are locked, you will have to lockpick the door to get to other companions.

If your character can't lockpick, find another companion who starts in a bedroom. The private chamber key is in his/her area. However, this character needs to defeat several possessed dwarves and voidlings to get the key. (If you want to leave this area now, try to find the hidden hole that will transport you to the entrance of the cave. Shovel or lizard needed to dig the hole)

Note: Cast Spirit Vision and you will see many ghosts in this area, talk to them to learn what happened here.

The third party member is trapped in a cave full of voidlings, unless that character is incredibly good in combat. Use your other characters to save him/her. (Through a cave in the same area you find the key)

After you gathered all the companions, you can proceed to next area. (through a ladder in a shipwreck)

You will find Mordus in this area, he will attack you with his possessed henchmen. Buf once you strike him down, the battle is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I just spent 30-40 hours doing everything in Act 1 alone.

So 30 + 60 + 30 = 120hours.

Short? Not really. Pretty average length for this kind of game.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-18 at 01:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I wouldn't say it's short. I might wind up at 80 hours played by the end, but if you just consider main quests then yeah, pretty short.

God I hope they release an Act 2-sized expansion, this is the best game I've played all year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Do you lose anything by making a custom character, in term of story? Like if you select an origin character as your own, do you get extra content (like personal story chain quest or whatever)? Thank!
    Well I do know that since there are 6 NPC's and you can only pick 3 of them with a Custom Character, you will miss out on that. In fact that is my biggest problem so far. I *want* to do a Custom Character, but I also want to have Beast, Ifan, Fane, Red Prince, and Sebille along for the ride.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Its hard, that's for sure, but I really like the idea of Armor in this edition. And so far the quests have seemed a bit better than the first game. But man are they stingy with equipment! My main character is level 6 and still not wearing any shoes. =(
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Well I do know that since there are 6 NPC's and you can only pick 3 of them with a Custom Character, you will miss out on that. In fact that is my biggest problem so far. I *want* to do a Custom Character, but I also want to have Beast, Ifan, Fane, Red Prince, and Sebille along for the ride.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Its hard, that's for sure, but I really like the idea of Armor in this edition. And so far the quests have seemed a bit better than the first game. But man are they stingy with equipment! My main character is level 6 and still not wearing any shoes. =(
    Just buy some or steal. The game gets incredibly easier once you start pick pocketing. Steal spells/gear.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

I think I need to restart the game or fully respec my characters. Just barely got through the Alexander fight by the skin of my teeth (I was level 6). Got the following in my party :

Red Prince as geomancer / warfare, high con, decent STR, decent int.
    Fane (main) as warfare / 2h / poly (very high str, high wit, high con)
    Sibelle - high scoundrel, low necro, high finesse, dual dagger
    Lahse - aero / hydro / summoner - healer and shocker

Feels like everyone hits like a wet noodle, even though I have good purple gear. I think my problem is that I have no sources of high spell damage to burst down the magic armor on the enemies, and thus I can't CC anything or anyone before they swarm my healer. My Fane hits for 70 damage per swing, which is not enough to burst down physical shields on even-level enemies.

I have to admit im a little frustrated with the armor mechanic - in OS:1 it was much simpler to apply CC to enemies if you had a high INT caster. Here, it feels like a full physical damage party just doesn't work as well as a party stacked on mages (may have been true in OS:1 too). Fights like dual Geists on the ship just utterly destroy me because I have no way to CC them before they backstab my healer (and then the rest of the party) to death.

Love the fact that the game feels actually difficult on tactician.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 6 for Alexander fight is a bit low, you really should be around level 9 when you depart the Fort Joy, it won't be any easier in Driftwood (level 10+). You missed some stuff on the island, obviously. Since you are already on the ship and if there's no way for you to go back - it might be optimal to restart.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So I've been stacking everything into summoning running a summoning polymorth build with lone wolf and I have to say it's pretty amazing I can sent in my huge incarnat without being pulled into battle and normally pick off one or two people before it goes down. That and it's super useful to smash open doors and chest as I hit like a wet noodle my self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Level 6 for Alexander fight is a bit low, you really should be around level 9 when you depart the Fort Joy, it won't be any easier in Driftwood (level 10+). You missed some stuff on the island, obviously. Since you are already on the ship and if there's no way for you to go back - it might be optimal to restart.
    I'm assuming Alexander is the climax of Act 1 (not a huge spoiler since I got that impression right from the get go). I would have to agree that 6 would be low because I just got to the hidden refuge on the island and I'm level 6...with no shoes! Fighting the big Lizards right outside was HARD, and I just got super lucky that there was a pathing issue that forced a couple of them to waste turns coming up and down the sides of the hill that gave Fane and Ifan time to lay into them with Ranged attacks.

Speaking of stealing through, I am seriously considering starting over and taking that route. I don't feel my characters have enough skills to manage right now. Plus I never found a Hydromancer vendor so I went through about 5 hours of the game without anyone who could heal. Luckily I did get a First Aid book for Ifan which is crappy, but its something. Summoning is also just as powerful as you guys have said. I took 2 different summons, one via the Summoning tree and one via the Necromancy tree. My intention was to rotate the spells, but the Incarnate is pretty powerful on its own. Do you guys suggest just bumrushing Summoning to 10? Ideally my character was going to be a Melee Tank / Summoner / Debuffer.

Also, for those curious, you get to add tags to your Custom Character so they have a bit of personality. I'm not sure about those who play as one of the 6 Origins, but I have already had PLENTY of opportunities to answer NPC's based on my Race (Human) and Background (Mystic).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, it seems like there are a lot of body parts laying around and I'm getting the feeling I am missing out by not having Sebille around to eat it all. If Fane uses the Faceripper to become an Elf, he gets the ability to eat the Flesh and learn the secrets right? I believe I remember seeing the answer is yes, but I can't remember.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm assuming Alexander is the climax of Act 1 (not a huge spoiler since I got that impression right from the get go). I would have to agree that 6 would be low because I just got to the hidden refuge on the island and I'm level 6...with no shoes! Fighting the big Lizards right outside was HARD, and I just got super lucky that there was a pathing issue that forced a couple of them to waste turns coming up and down the sides of the hill that gave Fane and Ifan time to lay into them with Ranged attacks.

Speaking of stealing through, I am seriously considering starting over and taking that route. I don't feel my characters have enough skills to manage right now. Plus I never found a Hydromancer vendor so I went through about 5 hours of the game without anyone who could heal. Luckily I did get a First Aid book for Ifan which is crappy, but its something. Summoning is also just as powerful as you guys have said. I took 2 different summons, one via the Summoning tree and one via the Necromancy tree. My intention was to rotate the spells, but the Incarnate is pretty powerful on its own. Do you guys suggest just bumrushing Summoning to 10? Ideally my character was going to be a Melee Tank / Summoner / Debuffer.

Also, for those curious, you get to add tags to your Custom Character so they have a bit of personality. I'm not sure about those who play as one of the 6 Origins, but I have already had PLENTY of opportunities to answer NPC's based on my Race (Human) and Background (Mystic).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also, it seems like there are a lot of body parts laying around and I'm getting the feeling I am missing out by not having Sebille around to eat it all. If Fane uses the Faceripper to become an Elf, he gets the ability to eat the Flesh and learn the secrets right? I believe I remember seeing the answer is yes, but I can't remember.
    Getting summoning to 10 is a big power buff and fine if you want to branch out more, I've got mine at 20 currently and my summon almost hits as hard as my friend who had gone pure warrior with lone wolf and dumped every thing into two handed and warfar. There doesn't seem to be a drop off in the power you get from Putting points into summoning after lvl 10 you get 5% damage every point even past 20 it seems.

This game is going to singlehandedly force me into something that the combined forces of Witcher III, Warhammer: Total War, and Shadow of Mordor failed to accomplish. Upgrading my computer to actually be able to play something beyond HotS.

Hell, it's about time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    This game is going to singlehandedly force me into something that the combined forces of Witcher III, Warhammer: Total War, and Shadow of Mordor failed to accomplish. Upgrading my computer to actually be able to play something beyond HotS.

Hell, it's about time.
    Worth every penny so far this is my game of the year by miles the only down side I can think of is that I'm trying to roll play a moronic undead lizard and there are no be dumb dioalog and sadly no peasant or simpleton tag.