Deleted

Outlaw rogue state? pve/pvp

Hey sneaky bastards,
    friend of mine decided to come back after really long time, and i was not able to provide some rogue-ish info to him.
    I know Sub is currently a beast, but he used to play combat back then, and he likes current Outlaw.

I just don't want him to be upset about under-performing or declined (in LFM system) spec.

1, So how does it perform in Myth+? Strengths and weaknesses? ST/AoE/control/defensive/utility..
    2, What about random BG's and arenas for fun? Is it some what enjoyable?
    3, From logs I can see that in raid environment it is probably the worst spec, but in casual raiding.. will people spit on him?

P.S. I hate you all for killing me since TBC, but will really appreciate your help :-*
    P.P.S. Horde rogues are cool tho.

In very low mythic plus and heroic dungeons it will beat assass on trash. Otherwise it is by far the worst rogue spec in every other situation, arguably the worst spec in general. To be fair i havent touched it once since i put on t20. Sub isn't a beast either we have gotten weaker and weaker every week as we scale like shit. Middle of the pack atm.

Deleted
    If you want any consistency as an Outlaw rogue for PvE you need to play Slice and Dice, and that really requires the Insignia of Ravenholdt, Mantle of the Master Assassin, Convergence of Fates and Nightblooming Frond. Now assuming you have those items it can do really well... still below Sublety ofc.

For PvP you should stay far away from Outlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakdawg View Post
    If you want any consistency as an Outlaw rogue for PvE you need to play Slice and Dice, and that really requires the Insignia of Ravenholdt, Mantle of the Master Assassin, Convergence of Fates and Nightblooming Frond. Now assuming you have those items it can do really well... still below Sublety ofc.

For PvP you should stay far away from Outlaw.
    You don't really need Frond though it is really nice if you can get a really high ilvl one, To be fair I do have a 950 Mastery trinket as well as a 925 Infernal Cinders(With 4 other people who have one it's actually really good) that I swap between depending on the fight, Outlaw is perfectly fine for Mythic+ and I find my DPS on par with everyone else, the buffs yesterday helped a lot. I think to be viable you do need to use SnD, Mantle, and Insignia, but that being said, Greenskins is still fine for single target.

If you're curious what sort of numbers Outlaw pulls in Heroic raids feel free to check out my Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/3722568

I wouldn't pay too much mind about people bashing Outlaw in BGs because IMO your spec doesn't matter at all in a Battleground or even skirmishes, depending on your gear and Talent selections I find Outlaw really fun in PVP, you work as a drain tank of sorts, and Plunder armor is made for killing plate wearers or bursting squishies even harder, the biggest thing is you're a bit cooldown reliant for your damage, but my point here is play whatever spec you want in BGs, if you want to take killing spree, do it, fuck it why not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    In very low mythic plus and heroic dungeons it will beat assass on trash. Otherwise it is by far the worst rogue spec in every other situation, arguably the worst spec in general. To be fair i havent touched it once since i put on t20. Sub isn't a beast either we have gotten weaker and weaker every week as we scale like shit. Middle of the pack atm.
    What, sub scaling with gear is the absolut best. they always become stronger as the expansion goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    What, sub scaling with gear is the absolut best. they always become stronger as the expansion goes on.
    If this were wod, you would be correct. However, sub's scaling has been horrible this tier, and it's only made up somewhat with really high base damage. It will be even worse in Antorus if this doesn't get addressed (Not just for sub, but for all three rogue specs).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Everything has changed since those days. Now sub and outlaw are both among the worst scaling specs

Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    Everything has changed since those days. Now sub and outlaw are both among the worst scaling specs
    All three rogue specs scale poorly. Blizzard has already admitted as such.

Deleted
    This guy is very awesome and he inspired me to play outlaw rogue in PvP.
    It's viable but harder than all other specs.
    Watch his outlaw videos, they are very fun to watch.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-22 at 02:02 AM.