Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by serish View Post
    Gotta love the blatant favoritism toward Intel and nvidia every month.
    The builds of the month are geared towards running WoW. You're not going to see an AMD CPU beat Intel for WoW anytime soon. If your gaming is broad and diverse, by all means get a Ryzen. If you only play WoW, get an Intel. Check this single core benchmark rankings, the first AMD in the list is a Ryzen at 139 as of this post.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

There is another eye that lets you get the buff in the Houndmaster's cave.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got the (aggro radius reduction) toy from Rezira pretty quick after getting portal for 500 eyes.

Farming eyes isn't too bad on a prot paladin or BM hunter (PvE realm). I guess any other class with a tank pet/follower can work decently as well.

2000 still gonna take some time.

Getting the on-demand consumables for 25 (5 charges) or 200 eyes (permanent), makes it quicker so you don't have to find an eye shrine if you happen to die or change zones or log off or something.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-18 at 12:43 PM.

Are you serious to complain that Ryzen/RX is not suggested for wow builds?

I have a 1080ti and 7700k paired with a 4K monitor. The only way to get stable 60+hz in Suramar with all options on Ultra is with the 1080ti and the 7700k OC to 4.9Ghz. Even stock 4.5 has spikes. Single thread is the top prio. I found out this the hard way because ppl like you with no idea what they talk about spam the forums full of fanboyism.

If you can't afford serious hardware and have no idea about wow don't fanboy-spam the rest of us who try to make informed choices.

Are you serious to complain that Ryzen/RX is not suggested for wow builds?

I have a 1080ti and 7700k paired with a 4K monitor. The only way to get stable 60+hz in Suramar with all options on Ultra is with the 1080ti and the 7700k OC to 4.9Ghz. Even stock 4.5 has spikes. Single thread is the top prio. I found out this the hard way because ppl like you with no idea what they talk about spam the forums full of fanboyism.

If you can't afford serious hardware and have no idea about wow don't fanboy-spam the rest of us who try to make informed choices.

I hope they will add more currency in Legion, I think we don't have enough

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    I mean now your bias is showing.
    1) Ryzen does not "destroy" intel in price per performance. It depends greatly on what budget tier you're going for. (Refer to this.)
    2) Streaming does not take as much CPU power as you might think and you're likely to see zero difference in a r5 vs 7700k when it comes to streaming. Once again your liberal use of the word "destroy" shows your bias.

I don't agree with the build of the month but lets not spread misinformation.
    I don't mean to be rude and start a flame war. But link me one benchmark with 60 fps streaming that intel cpu has 0% loss on?

Only 100% more damage taken? Hey, maybe that will actually make Argus a challenging zone, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    I don't mean to be rude and start a flame war. But link me one benchmark with 60 fps streaming that intel cpu has 0% loss on?
    It's not really relevant.
    Your question is the equivalent of asking the top speed of a vehicle while we're talking gas mileage. We're talking about price per performance.
    If you're trying to stream 1080p 60fps etc. (meaning you're partnered and most likely a dedicated streamer) you're using a separate system for your encoding anyways.
    The point being made was that the disparity isn't as crazy as everyone wants to make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by serish View Post
    Gotta love the blatant favoritism toward Intel and nvidia every month.
    Intel CPU's have much better per thread performance--due to a slightly better IPC and better stock clocks--which lends itself to a sizable boost in games like WoW which use a few threads but hammer data through them. As for Nvidia that is mostly because AMD cards are being wrecked by the CryptoCurrency community. Nvidia is as well, but the RX570 and RX580 are the go-to cards for mining Ethereum--the currency of choice for the time being. The 580's were up to $400 and have since started to drop--maybe due to Vega which isn't great for gaming but is great for mining--and are now at $350-400 for the 8GB variant. By comparison the GTX 1060 (6GB Version) is retailing for about $280, and the cards trade blows in most scenarios (RX 580 gets an edge in a few DX12 titles, 1060 gets an edge in some DX11 titles).

In an ideal world where everything sold at the price it should, the RX 580 is a fantastic alternative. If you're going to take issue with their recommendations though, I suggest criticizing the fact that they recommend the GTX 1060 (3GB Version) which is pretty mediocre. It's about $50 cheaper, but also struggles really badly in a lot of games--yet should be okay for WoW. If you're building a $1000 computer the minimum you should settle for is an RX580 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The real reward is Sightless Eye. So useful that it shouldn't even be a toy, lol. You need to buy the portal for 500 first and get it to drop, or have someone give you the portal. It's also an extra rare you can kill every day for shards.

For anybody looking to do this, do it in a 5 man group finder group. Anything else is too slow and dangerous. Plus mob spawns ramp up with more in the area. Try that humanoid area near the Watcher rare.
    I was extremely disappointed with Sightless Eye toy. Its effect goes away as soon as you're aggro, and the reduction in aggro radius is rather slight to undetectable.

Oh great joy!!! Another currency to farm for things..... What are we up to now like 100 currencies?

Found the cave the first day of exploring, haven't paid it a thought since. Thinking it'll be something I bother with at the very end, like with Shaohao rep-grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Oh great joy!!! Another currency to farm for things..... What are we up to now like 100 currencies?
    You're not forced to farm nor play if you get no joy from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The EVGA 600B for the german links in the Puppy and Dolphin are wrong (both are the same even though you have written different prices), Puppy says 48$ (Amazon says 65 Euro) the same goes for the Dolphin.

100% damage? pff. You should see the drop rate. And because demons are not enough, Lightforged NPCs will also attack you on sight while buff is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not really a currency, cuz aside from getting the item for the boss and the pet, there's nothing else to buy with it other than one-use items that are mostly aimed at gathering more eyes.
    Last edited by Gilgallad; 2017-09-19 at 07:53 AM.

Recommending a 2 core-2 thread CPU (G4500) in this day in age should be a floggable offense. Spend the extra to get a G4560 2 core-4 thread at minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling that Orix's name is a reference to Destiny's Oryx, the Taken King.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Found the cave the first day of exploring, haven't paid it a thought since. Thinking it'll be something I bother with at the very end, like with Shaohao rep-grind.

You're not forced to farm nor play if you get no joy from it.
    Hmmm, why do you take it as a cynical post? I for one like farming new currencies. New stuff and items!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I hope they will add more currency in Legion, I think we don't have enough
    yeah everytime they add a NEW currency I hear the faint echo of a Blizzard dude telling me before wod they are try to redude currencies *rofl*