View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also, as people love to be into petty insults, my Jedi powers kinda hint to me that the girl is either not the brightest knife of the drawer (being stupid is not an excuse) or from a rather troubled background (which would be)

FTR, her ''crimes'' seems to have been extremely stupid, to have fallen for a crook online (but one more interested in burqas than in shennanigans that woud have ended with Chris Hansen reading loud a presumably interesting mix of Koran and poorly spelled catcalls) and to have been allegedly in the dress code brigade of Mossul. It's not glorious, but it's not exactly hardcore terrorism either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Joining a terrorist organization should result in death.

So much information regarding ISIS, anybody joining cannot use their stupidity as a defense.

Yes, I hope she gets executed. If she gets extradited to Germany, I hope German intelligence officers get rid of her. To be honest I'd rather have intelligence agencies simply assassinate people that are actively planning to go join a jihad before they can even leave the country. Arrest them at the airport and just make them disappear.

Post 303 and 304 are textbooks example of people desperately trying to look tough online, the later being an even ''textbooker'' example of ''call people monsters when casually advocating for random execution to prove how I'm a real man''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Yes, I hope she gets executed. If she gets extradited to Germany, I hope German intelligence officers get rid of her. To be honest I'd rather have intelligence agencies simply assassinate people that are actively planning to go join a jihad before they can even leave the country. Arrest them at the airport and just make them disappear.
    My poor soul, why are your born in this blighted century ? Between 1933 and 1989, the manly and virile German police (obviously in the East...) would have followed this advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Post 303 and 304 are textbooks example of people desperately trying to look tough online, the later being an even ''textbooker'' example of ''call people monsters when casually advocating for random execution to prove how I'm a real man''

- - - Updated - - -

My poor soul, why are your born in this blighted century ? Between 1933 and 1989, the manly and virile German police (obviously in the East...) would have followed this advice.
    Killing jihadis is random execution? Doing it preemptively is better for everyone except the jihadis. They don't get to aid/commit in atrocities and you avoid the risk of having them return to society.

Yes, killing your nationals without trial amounts to murder. Especially as you took the pain, to look very tough, to mention ''before they commit the crime''

Deleted
    Killing jihadis is random execution? Doing it preemptively is better for everyone except the jihadis. They don't get to aid/commit in atrocities and you avoid the risk of having them return to society.
    Yes, killing people before they did anything wrong is killing people at random. Should they shoot you too when someone points you out as an jihadist?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yes, killing people before they did anything wrong is killing people at random. Should they shoot you too when someone points you out as an jihadist?
    She already did something wrong. She travelled to join up with murderers. She gave aid and comfort in a time of conflict to the aggressors.

Unless she actively killed someone, or did something that specifically lead to someone's death, then no.

If she did do that, then, still no, but I think if law allows it, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

But I don't think people should just be killed for being part of an evil organization. That's kind of barbaric.

I think some of you here are pretty damned barbaric and sound nearly as bad as the people you want to fight against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    She already did something wrong. She travelled to join up with murderers. She gave aid and comfort in a time of conflict to the aggressors.
    Right, and that deserves the death penalty now does it!? It seems to me that a culling would be in order then..

Right, and that deserves the death penalty now does it!? It seems to me that a culling would be in order then..
    You wanna kill anyone who's joined in with terrorists, you go right ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You wanna kill anyone who's joined in with terrorists, you go right ahead.
    No, that is apparently what you want to do, and im saying that this would mean a culling of nearly everyone that lives there.

Yes, killing your nationals without trial amounts to murder. Especially as you took the pain, to look very tough, to mention ''before they commit the crime''
    Yes it would amount to murder, and I'd be fine with it. And what pain did I take to make it look very tough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a member of ISIS, is a crime, especially in Iraq.

Should a teenager be put to death for making decisions she legally should not be able to understand the consequence of? People who answer yes to this question are part of the US prison problem. We truly believe criminals are the scum of the earth and should never be allowed a chance to return to normal lives for the rest of their life without understanding the full context of their circumstances. (unless of course the offender has a lot of money)

The answer is no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Should a teenager be put to death for making decisions she legally should not be able to understand the consequence of? People who answer yes to this question are part of the US prison problem. We truly believe criminals are the scum of the earth and should never be allowed a chance to return to normal lives for the rest of their life without understanding the full context of their circumstances. (unless of course the offender has a lot of money)

The answer is no.
    No. . . . you cant conflate selling a gram of coke to willfully joining the most deadly and barbaric Jihadist alive. Kids do stupid shit all the time, like get drunk and drive, take un regulated drugs, they drop dishes, they think they can get married at 19, they break into someones house to steal a playstation 4. . . they dont pack their fucking bags and join a terrorist organization that the entire western world is currently AT WAR with.

No, that is apparently what you want to do, and im saying that this would mean a culling of nearly everyone that lives there.
    Okay. I'm sure you see a problem in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Being a member of ISIS, is a crime, especially in Iraq.
    As I said repeatedly, contrary to a common conception, a ''inferior'' country laws apply to the citizen of a ''white'' country.

It was the case for Warmbier. It's the case for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No. . . . you cant conflate selling a gram of coke to willfully joining the most deadly and barbaric Jihadist alive. Kids do stupid shit all the time, like get drunk and drive, take un regulated drugs, they drop dishes, they think they can get married at 19, they break into someones house to steal a playstation 4. . . they dont pack their fucking bags and join a terrorist organization that the entire western world is currently AT WAR with.
    I never conflated the two but thanks for trying. And unless you actually have sufficient evidence showing her committing heinous acts of terror (murder, rape, kidnapping) you're just using hyperbole to inflate her crime.

Yes it would amount to murder, and I'd be fine with it. And what pain did I take to make it look very tough?
    Therefore, of what exactly ISIS is guilty ? Of killing their ennemies in an artisanal manner with knives or gasoline instead of doing it the American way, with big manly bombs ?

- - - Updated - - -

Therefore, of what exactly ISIS is guilty ? Of killing their ennemies in an artisanal manner with knives or gasoline instead of doing it the American way, with big manly bombs ?