View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Therefore, of what exactly ISIS is guilty ? Of killing their ennemies in an artisanal manner with knives or gasoline instead of doing it the American way, with big manly bombs ?
    You obviously have no clue whatsoever what isis are and have been doing if you think that is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    I never conflated the two but thanks for trying. And unless you actually have sufficient evidence showing her committing heinous acts of terror (murder, rape, kidnapping) you're just using hyperbole to inflate her crime.
    Her joining Isis is the evidence of a crime. I'm not sure where or why you're confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No. . . . you cant conflate selling a gram of coke to willfully joining the most deadly and barbaric Jihadist alive. Kids do stupid shit all the time, like get drunk and drive, take un regulated drugs, they drop dishes, they think they can get married at 19, they break into someones house to steal a playstation 4. . . they dont pack their fucking bags and join a terrorist organization that the entire western world is currently AT WAR with.
    Pretty much this. There's a HUGE difference between a stupid teenage mistake and talking with people from ISIS (which we all know is the worlds most recognizable and most egregious terrorist organization) for months to join their cause, actually packing your bags and going hundreds if not thousands of miles to join up with them and then marrying someone from the organization.

I've got very little sympathy for her and her situation. You don't get a free pass from doing something like this just because you're a teen. 16 years old is plenty old enough to know better for something this big.

While I don't wish death upon her, she signed up for this, and she needs to deal with the consequences. Either way, she'd definitely deserving of a Darwin award, IMO.

Her joining Isis is the evidence of a crime. I'm not sure where or why you're confused here.
    Again, the word we're looking for is heinous. This is a moral argument but you can't just put someone to death for being part of a dangerous group. You need to show they actually committed one of the crimes.

Being a member of ISIS, is a crime, especially in Iraq.
    If they consider family members of ISIS militants part of ISIS, there is going to be a lot of death people in Mossul....

(Because, while the foreign fighters are a convenient scapegoat and are quite understandably hated by the locals now that ISIS is gone, a large part of ISIS membership in Iraq was...Sunni Irakis. With the already strained (understatement) relation ship between Sunnis and Shias, it would be presumably a good idea to not go ''salt the earth'' with the Sunnis.

Especially from an American POV, since the only thing preventing Irak to ally closer with Iran is the presence of a third of Sunnis.

Deleted
    Its funny ho many in the West demand foreigners here obey the laws in their host country but are always quick to repatriate their citizens who break the la abroad...

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Pretty much this. There's a HUGE difference between a stupid teenage mistake and talking with people from ISIS (which we all know is the worlds most recognizable and most egregious terrorist organization) for months to join their cause, actually packing your bags and going hundreds if not thousands of miles to join up with them and then marrying someone from the organization.

I've got very little sympathy for her and her situation. You don't get a free pass from doing something like this just because you're a teen. 16 years old is plenty old enough to know better for something this big.

While I don't wish death upon her, she signed up for this, and she needs to deal with the consequences. Either way, she'd definitely deserving of a Darwin award, IMO.
    Right, there should be consequences but you don't sentence a teenager to death

You damn well do if they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You damn well do if they deserve it.
    Okay, so traditionally to "deserve" death someone has to commit multiple murders or at least one very serious murder. I don't think this girl killed people.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    You obviously have no clue whatsoever what isis are and have been doing if you think that is all.
    What I said ? People are gleefully advocating to murder people they think are suspects or are suspects because of their religion is what ISIS fracking does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    What I said ? People are gleefully advocating to murder people they think are suspects or are suspects because of their religion is what ISIS fracking does.

10+ Year Old Account
    what would you do to an ss guard that signed up, knowing full well that the ss and nazis were committing atrocities and fully accepted it, to the point of preaching how great the nazis and the ss were?

thats what she is. And people younger than her were executed.

The girl actual crimes seems to have fallen for depraved weirdo online, eloped with him and have joined ISIS clothing inspection brigade. While most of this is criminal it's not exactly hardcore terrorism either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the word we're looking for is heinous. This is a moral argument but you can't just put someone to death for being part of a dangerous group. You need to show they actually committed one of the crimes.
    I dont think it matters in Iraq. The Iraqi government is setting a precedence that Isis will not be tolerated in Iraq, it doesnt matter if its a Russian teenage edge lord or Abu Deraa The Butcher of Baghdad.

Its easy for you to worry about delicate sensibilities and morality when you're a few thousand miles away from AK47 fire and you dont have to worry about being burnt alive on a Isistube video.

I will be very surprised if she is actually 'executed' most likely the leverage Germany has will get her off but that doesnt mean she shouldnt be punished by a very long prison term!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    what would you do to an ss guard that signed up, knowing full well that the ss and nazis were committing atrocities and fully accepted it, to the point of preaching how great the nazis and the ss were?

thats what she is. And people younger than her were executed.
    Okay first of all there is a difference between a civilian and an active unit. They didn't hang the wives of the SS even if they knew full well what was happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    She's allegedly also a murderer, given that she was apparently a sniper? Plus, she's 16, not 10. She knows what she's doing. Surely you remember having enough of a brain at 16 to understand the concept of taking another person's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    And you're a nobody too, or do you mean to tell me you're someone highly influential with a lot of power? If not I recommend you stop acting all high and mighty.

And also, people do give a shit, just not to someone who joins a terrorist organisation so stop treating her like a 10 year old. She's 16, she can think for herself and should have the brain capacity to realize that killing other people is wrong.
    No, she doesnt. This thread is painfully obvious that teens don't have a fucking clue about taking someone's life. Hell, even much older men and women in this thread don't understand.
    So no she need help, not being executed. The world has seen enough killing.
    Also she's not the first nor the last teen to try and join ISIS. There are plenty of other young teen 14-16 year old girls trying to go to Syria and other islamic countries to join ISIS.
    Teen girls are fucked up because of their hormones. Way more so than boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Very interesting story to say the least. Here's one of the more early articles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...turn-home.html
    "It was previously reported that Linda was married to a Chechen ISIS fighter and had 'admitted' to killing Iraqi troops."

Well, if this is true then she's fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I dont think it matters in Iraq. The Iraqi government is setting a precedence that Isis will not be tolerated in Iraq, it doesnt matter if its a Russian teenage edge lord or Abu Deraa The Butcher of Baghdad.

Its easy for you to worry about delicate sensibilities and morality when you're a few thousand miles away from AK47 fire and you dont have to worry about being burnt alive on a Isistube video.
    And it's easy for you to want to kill someone when you don't know them and are living thousands of miles away.

While true....she signed up for it/ sentenced herself by joining ISIS...an organization well know for it's amazingly horrible treatment of women and heavy usage of them as suicide bombers.

If she's executed as a result of her decision it would at least not be while committing terrorist acts under ISIS.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is exactly what extradition agreements are about. Countries want to ensure that their citizens are punished according to their legal principles, whether or not they're on their native soil or not.

Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    Actually NOT at all Endus.

In one case, you have a person joining a terrorist organization whose goal is to kill people. It is universally true that if you enter a foreign country with the intent to aiding/participating in murdering its citizens, you will suffer severe consequences, which generally include long prison sentences and like in the US, will include execution. This is an acceptable form of punishment even if the liberals in Europe abolished it.

In the other case, she is driving a car, which is not a crime in most parts of the world and is generally not punishable with extreme violence against the perpetrator.

I see how you were hoping someone took the bait so you could compare the US to the other countries (like the Saudis) that still practice the death penalty. Nice try though
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez