Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're equating a kid being assaulted by a teacher for choosing not to stand during the Pledge, with one adult punching another adult for expressing Nazi ideology.

Don't tell me you don't see the glaring and obvious differences in context between those two. It's a false equivalence, and you should know better.
    You just got done saying that there should be no criminal charges because what the teacher did couldn't be considered causing any harm. Now it's "assault" when someone triggers your lib ideology.

Deleted
    Smells like NK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    If I had a kid and my kid didn't stand he would be in trouble, and I would shake the teachers hand for teaching my child respect.
    You know the Pledge was first written as part of a marketing campaign to sell magazines, right?

If I had a kid and my kid didn't stand he would be in trouble, and I would shake the teachers hand for teaching my child respect.
    You sound like the kind of parent whose kids would refuse to associate with after they moved out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Or else, what... exactly? Please elaborate more, Mr Europe. Tell me exactly what happens next... What is the nationwide punishment for not doing as they are told?
    Being shot or otherwise assaulted, apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    You just got done saying that there should be no criminal charges because what the teacher did couldn't be considered causing any harm. Now it's "assault" when someone triggers your lib ideology.
    Or maybe I recognize that some assaults are light enough that I don't think the courts would waste their time with any kind of appreciable punishment.

Poking someone hard in the chest is technically an assault, but I wouldn't waste the court's time with that, either. This has nothing to do with "lib ideology", just legal definitions and court practices.

or how about just fucking standing for the fucking pledge?
    i mean for fucks sake it takes all of 60 secs. most of you spend ten times that picking your fucking nose in class.
    your mentalities are for shit. hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    1. This isn't 'assault', stop crying.

2. The Pledge of Allegiance, is... antiquated and pointless. The only reason it even includes the 'under God' part is because of some whack job politician trying to win over bible belt voters.
    Eisenhower is hardly seen as a whack job. Ineffective as a President, possibly... although he did negotiate the end of the Koran War. Not a whack job.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You sound like the kind of parent whose kids would refuse to associate with after they moved out.
    I would be a parent my kids would respect.

Holy shit I didn't realize we were living in North Korea. Kid just wants to sit, let him alone.

They'd be the first and the only ones to do so.
    Last edited by Heladys; 2017-09-18 at 06:13 PM. Reason: fucking shit site double-posting again

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Or else, what... exactly? Please elaborate more, Mr Europe. Tell me exactly what happens next... What is the nationwide punishment for not doing as they are told?
    Getting shot by the cops, unjust arrests, being assaulted.
    Or do you ignore all the stories about police shooting/tasering unarmed suspects. The nurse that was arrested for doing her job. The multiple Baltimore cops that were caught planting evidence though their cams. Or the assaults that happen because you support a certain ideology that goes around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing salty endus

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    They'd be the first and the only ones to do so.
    I respect my parents, there goes your theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sure thing salty endus
    salty endus? sounds like a dirty snack, why are you drinking the hateraid bro?

10+ Year Old Account
    I respect my parents, there goes your theory.

- - - Updated - - -

salty endus? sounds like a dirty snack, why are you drinking the hateraid bro?
    Kids when I was young, I was banned by a mod on this video game message board. After I was banned I was so mad I made a parody account of that mod so I could try shitposting. I told this one guy to not drink the hateorade, RESPECT ME!

Strict, punishment oriented parents are not usually the ones that command the respect of their children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    This thread is so asinine.

That being said, there was hardly any assault committed. A teacher who stepped over the line, yes, but in no way was this assault. The teacher probably deserves to be written up and possibly suspended, but the garbage idiot comments like "revoke their teacher's license permanently" and "never let them work with kids again" are just blatantly stupid. (edit: noticed it was Endus that said all of that garbage, and now I'm not surprised one bit)

You really want someone punished for LIFE because a they touched a student? They can never even chaperone a field trip with their grandkid or coach a football team (which, by the way, I'm fairly certain we've all seen adults humiliate and use fear/physical acts as part of their coaching on a daily basis with no one saying a word).

To be 100% clear, within our public education there are many gray areas, and "what do we do about the Pledge" is just one of them. Every state, every school corporation, and every building-level administrator (read: principal) can have a completely different viewpoint and it can be perceived that their expectations of the teachers in classrooms are open to different levels of interpretation. Some schools require everyone to stand, some schools don't require anything. Some states don't require the pledge to be recited, some do. Some schools include a daily moment of silence, some don't.

Again - teacher was 100% over the line and shouldn't have done it. Not arguing that. Should it be scrutinized to this level of public backlash? Hardly.
    Yes, it it can easily be deemed assault. It would be no different than if a large black man approached you, said, "Get down on your knees, bitch" and then grabbed you, and forced you to your knees.

- - - Updated - - -

Kids when I was young, I was banned by a mod on this video game message board. After I was banned I was so mad I made a parody account of that mod so I could try shitposting. I told this one guy to not drink the hateorade, RESPECT ME!
    This may be your best work, yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ever hear of assault and battery?
    Which most people are oaky with, depending of course on the political stance of the punched person.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

We already have a thread on this.

Oh nevermind, it was closed as a bait thread by Endus, but here he is in this one. Interesting.
    Last edited by Stop Pretending; 2017-09-18 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Which most people are oaky with, depending of course on the political stance of the punched person.
    Of course most people are okay with it, depending on circumstance you're fine with it too. Doesn't even have to be political. That does not mean there isnt legal recourse, as most people tend to ignore that lil detail.