View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's nothing like a little ritual human sacrifice to make everyone feel better.

How about instead of killing people or locking them in a concrete box for however many years, we figure out why people do the things that they do and how to rehabilitate them? This goes for all countries, not just Iraq.

See this video for example:
    The most important lesson from 83,000 brain scans | Daniel Amen | TEDxOrangeCoast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esPRsT-lmw8

Far too many people seem to be perfectly happy to simply seek retribution and bloodshed and then call it justice and walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    No they didn't and no she didn't.
    stop lying to yourself. You think the allies were all grand? We did many things as well, in anger, and revenge. Its called having emotions. Denying such basic things is beyond anything.

And yes she did. Am I saying she deserves death? No. I think noone should be killed, rather, I think that is too good for them. But does she deserve everything that comes to her? Yes. Ive seen kids younger than her get killed. Just cause shes so young? Bullshit. Just cause she was "isis clothing police?" well that makes her complicate to doing Isis orders, since Isis follows their doctrine to a T. In terms of this, Women are second rate citizens, and under the man. So this, was actually something she could do, while ratting out people. This is an enemy combatant. This is a spy.

Kids be kids, right?

Except there's a big difference between doing something "normal" stupid as a teenager (like stealing a CD from a store) vs. joining a terrorist organization.

Yeah that's called treason. Death penalty is fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Yeah that's called treason. Death penalty is fitting.
    Except that in the country in question, death is not the punishment for treason.

And FTR, in a certain country, treachery far worse than the girl is punished by being defecated on by avians.

I do not support execution so long as there isn't any crime against humanity. So no, she shouldn't be executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    So tell me, why should she be allowed to be extradited back to Germany to hopefully avoid punishment for crimes she committed in Iraq? Because she happens to be a young, white German woman?
    Because she's a German citizen.

Whether Iraq wants to hand her over is up to Iraq, but Germany should be pursuing extradition.

Would you be okay with a Saudi Arabian man who came to Canada, raped numerous women for dressing a certain way, executed multiple gays, and broke other serious Canadian laws, only to say "Sorry guys... I just wanna go home " and be extradited back to Saudi Arabia where he can avoid prosecution and live out a cozy life back home as if none of it happened? Same freaking difference, Endus.
    1> Most extradition treaties require that the person be charged seriously when they are returned home.
    2> So far as I know, there is no extradition treaty between Saudi Arabia and Canada, to begin with, so we wouldn't be obliged regardless.

And I'm not even saying Iraq has to hand her over. I don't believe they have an extradition treaty with Germany. I'm just saying that I think Germany should be pursuing it, because protecting their citizens is a critical component of sovereign government.

nope, because she didn't kill anyone.
    you only get execution if you killed an innocent person or used black magic on one.
    but if you are not in the army and you joined a terrorist group you will be sentenced to jail

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Whether Iraq wants to hand her over is up to Iraq, but Germany should be pursuing extradition.

1> Most extradition treaties require that the person be charged seriously when they are returned home.
    2> So far as I know, there is no extradition treaty between Saudi Arabia and Canada, to begin with, so we wouldn't be obliged regardless.

And I'm not even saying Iraq has to hand her over. I don't believe they have an extradition treaty with Germany. I'm just saying that I think Germany should be pursuing it, because protecting their citizens is a critical component of sovereign government.
    Then so should the hypothetical Saudi Arabian in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    stop lying to yourself. You think the allies were all grand? We did many things as well, in anger, and revenge. Its called having emotions. Denying such basic things is beyond anything.

And yes she did. Am I saying she deserves death? No. I think noone should be killed, rather, I think that is too good for them. But does she deserve everything that comes to her? Yes. Ive seen kids younger than her get killed. Just cause shes so young? Bullshit. Just cause she was "isis clothing police?" well that makes her complicate to doing Isis orders, since Isis follows their doctrine to a T. In terms of this, Women are second rate citizens, and under the man. So this, was actually something she could do, while ratting out people. This is an enemy combatant. This is a spy.
    No they didn't criminally try wives for being married to guilty persons and they certainly didn't legally execute them if the only thing they did was be married to an officer, and you're still not providing any supporting evidence for your case.

On the subject of the girl, no she was not a spy. Don't even try to pull that one out. The more you post in reference to this girl's case the more apparent it becomes how much of this is just a fabrication made up in your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Then so should the hypothetical Saudi Arabian in Canada.
    When did I say otherwise? Saudi Arabia can absolutely make that request.

Given the lack of an extradition treaty, there's no reason Canada would have to comply, however.

Some people here sure do love the idea of murdering people.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So does Iraq have an extradition treaty with Germany?
    Not that I know of, so there is no difference. I don't understand what Endus's point is.

I do not think so.
    As far as I heard they did quietely inquire whether Germany would be interested to take her of their hands.

I doubt it as he governments only been official for like 4 years. And if Sadaam had anything I doubt they'd be valid

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Such edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you might notice that I did not said that the Americans are ''eeevil''-I said that the ''tough online guys'' who try to prove their manhood by screaming to perfect strangers ''KILL HER SLOWLY AND PUT HER EXECUTION ONLINE'' are really not much better than ISIS.
    Pretty much everyone is better than ISIS though. Takes more than wishing jihadists to die to become equal or worse than them. Not talking about carpet bombing villages here or targeting families of jihadists here, btw. I know there are some who would think of that as a valid strategy, but I really disagree with that.

edit: removed double post

joining a terrorist organization in another country that supports the overthrowing of all governments that are not islamic justifies rejecting citizenship imo.

Germany should be pursuing extradition.
    Sorry to pick out this snippet of your comment, but it got me googling and apparently Germany hasn't filed an extradition request because there isn't enough evidence to do so yet.

Germany has not requested the teen’s extradition because there is not enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant yet, prosecutors explained. “Legally, there can be no extradition request until an arrest warrant is issued,” Mr Haase said.
    Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ce-trial-iraq/
    Last edited by Heladys; 2017-09-18 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Fuck this continual double-posting shit

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Absolutely does not matter, there is enough law there to have her stand trial and she was a member of terrorist organization and punishment is death in that country.

All the nonsense how she is a victim is irrelevant.

And yes, the country is a shithole in a large part because of her and her buddies that terrorize it for many years.
    Absolutely does matter. That is the exact point - the country is a shithole, there is no normal rule of the law at all, yet you want to judge someone with it?
    Or maybe we can look at North Korea? A stable country, yet we do not really deny that their system of punishment is fucked up and not acceptable.
    And yes, there is a victim factor. Russians did not shoot everyone in Hitlerjugend, quite otherwise. And they were around the same age as she when she went there. If people had that wisdom 70 years ago, why lose it now? For some petty revenge against everyone who might have been involved.

Or... you just want to see heads roll. Does not really matter whose, most importantly, that they roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Unless she has committed terror acts and murdered people she shouldn't.
    If she's in the ISIS version of the USO, and not a headlopping slavetrader herself, should that really matter? Germany's only interest here should be in having her back to try her for treason themselves, but I'm somehow guessing it's not.