Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nevada votes blue but everything in Nevada is red except for Las Vegas. Las Vegas is so huge that it alone turns a red state blue.

We're more libertarian than Republican though.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's a good thing we live in a Democracy where people matter more than acres of land. The policies of the government will affect an apartment building filled with people on a couple of acres of land more than it will affect a few thousand acres of grass and dirt in Montana. These maps make Trumpkins feel good, they see vast swaths of "land" that "voted for" Trump and use it as justification for their leader's constant failings.

The funniest part of your post is that liberalism in the US is pretty much defined by people's interaction and intermingling with different cultures and idea. You guys scoff at how much liberals push for multiculturalism and diversity, then turn around and say that they don't like different ideas. Hahaha, good joke.

No, what liberals scoff at is the backwards unwillingness to accept different ideas. The "differing opinions that are often foreign, unrealistic, and even intimidating" are people who react to brown people with aggression and pointed guns. They're the people who scoff at every single differing idea put in front of them. The conservative side of America is the one that doesn't accept differing ideas, and they wear it as a point of pride on their sleeve... until they put their hand over that part of their sleeve when it comes time to whine that liberals won't accept their backwards and aggressive ways of thinking.
    No, Conservatives are not adverse to new or different ideas. They oppose an idea when the cons outweigh the pros. I know it's hard to ignore your feefees and approach something based purely on logic and facts but you'll get there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    No, Conservatives are not adverse to new or different ideas. They oppose an idea when the cons outweigh the pros. I know it's hard to ignore your feefees and approach something based purely on logic and facts but you'll get there one day.
    don't make me spit out more coffee.

roflmao logic from a group that denies climate change, it's effects or the need to built infrastructure to prepare and save lives.

Let's not forget these little gems - 42% unemployment rate, 3-5 million illegals voted so we need to fund and create a commission and waste tax payer money to name a few and my personal favorite below.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post

you owe me more coffee.
    Covfefe
    /10chars

I have a lot of conservative family and friends and, as anecdotal as it may be, between my friends, my families and the vast majority of the conservatives I have dealt with online, that is not the case.

They don't oppose an idea where the cons outweigh the pros. They oppose ideas that doesn't agree with the world view they wish the world ran on even if the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

They ignore facts and logic and go purely on emotions and what other like minded individuals have told them and if you start breaking out facts that prove them wrong, they believe the facts are wrong instead.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    roflmao logic from a group that denies climate change, it's effects or the need to built infrastructure to prepare and save lives.

Let's not forget these little gems - 42% unemployment rate, 3-5 million illegals voted so we need to fund and create a commission and waste tax payer money to name a few and my personal favorite below.
    You forgot the 'not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims' line from the one commentator at the RNC. Motherfucker look how old you are, you remember the 90s; Kaczynski, Rudolph, McVeigh. Fuck right off with that.
    Step 1: Google 'the Troubles'
    Step 2: Shut the fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have a lot of conservative family and friends and, as anecdotal as it may be, between my friends, my families and the vast majority of the conservatives I have dealt with online, that is not the case.

They don't oppose an idea where the cons outweigh the pros. They oppose ideas that doesn't agree with the world view they wish the world ran on even if the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

They ignore facts and logic and go purely on emotions and what other like minded individuals have told them and if you start breaking out facts that prove them wrong, they believe the facts are wrong instead.
    To be fair, I have both hard left and hard right family members, and this description could apply pretty easily to both.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-09-18 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Since when did you care about diversity of thought, you just use a random label generator when ever someone disagrees with you and dismiss it and then do the pretend military thing if countered
    Not really, I actually think im one of the more accepting posters on here when it comes to opposing points of view, honestly, thats not saying much given this forum, but its something.

As far as the pretend military thing, are you saying im lying about being a veteran? Sorry to disappoint if thats the case, it seems many on the left like to call into question someones military service if they are right of bernie sanders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    That's nice until the house melts, you melt, your car melts, and half the city spontaneously combusts due to 120+ weather. :P
    Lol

Thats true for june, july, aug, and part of sept. The rest of the year it's beautiful. I've lived all over the country, I can tell you in all honesty that AZ is the nicest place ive lived.

Deleted
    It's a good thing we live in a Democracy where people matter more than acres of land.
    You do not live in a Democracy - you live in a Republic. /facepalm

Oh please, we both know that the right only gets salty about this because the left rejects THEIR backwards bigoted ways of thinking that refuses to accept any "different" ideologies at all.
    LOL- and you wonder why non-liberals despise Liberals? Look no further than your sanctimonious and condescending opinion of people that do not agree with you.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-18 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Nevada votes blue but everything in Nevada is red except for Las Vegas. Las Vegas is so huge that it alone turns a red state blue.

We're more libertarian than Republican though.
    Any chance your icon is M'aik from elder scrolls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not really, I actually think im one of the more accepting posters on here when it comes to opposing points of view, honestly, thats not saying much given this forum, but its something.

As far as the pretend military thing, are you saying im lying about being a veteran? Sorry to disappoint if thats the case, it seems many on the left like to call into question someones military service if they are right of bernie sanders.
    To the first bold
    You owe @Sky High some coffee.

As to the second bold
    Random label generator.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    What are the republicans doing and the democrats did have a plan read Clinton's policies... Trump and Clinton brought attention to the issues in rural America but Trump has done fuck all. He's currently 0-6 with a majority.
    Make no mistake im not a Trump fan.

Lets not pretend however that the left hasn't ran on a platform of identity politics for the last few years. When the electorate feels like the democrats care more about which bathroom a trans person should be using than carrying a economic message that goes deeper than "raise taxes", they will vote accordingly.

Almost every Democrat I've seen on the news and in interviews have even admitted as such.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, we both know that the right only gets salty about this because the left rejects THEIR backwards bigoted ways of thinking that refuses to accept any "different" ideologies at all.

Right wing: Rejects EVERYTHING "different" than them. Specifically seeks to exclude and often deny civil rights to others.
    Left wing: Rejects right wing's closed mindededness but is open to anything that does not harm or exclude others.
    Righties: "Omg you don't like differing ideas! Me, a person who doesn't accept differing ideas AT ALL is accusing you of not accepting my views of not accepting anyone not like me!"

Top kek

- - - Updated - - -

You hit that nail on the head. A nail put straight in the bullseye.

Of a popcorn machine.

Now make me a haiku.
    Considering that you just labeled every conservative as having "backwards bigoted way of thinking" I find the rest of your post to be ironic

- - - Updated - - -

To the first bold
    You owe @Sky High some coffee.

As to the second bold
    Random label generator.
    many of the left....that hardly seems insulting, especially given your incendiary comments. I'd still like to know if you are accusing me of lying about being a veteran.

10+ Year Old Account

many of the left....that hardly seems insulting, especially given your incendiary comments. I'd still like to know if you are accusing me of lying about being a veteran.
    Just seems to come up often when ever your point is being attacked on its merits, or to present a point that you likely do not walk to be criticized.

I also said label

not insult

You have a random label generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    To be fair, I have both hard left and hard right family members, and this description could apply pretty easily to both.
    I have some on both. For me, generally the conservative ones tend to be the worse among them, worse than the left wing people.

With the left wing ones, they will try to argue their point and if shut down logically, they will shut up or maybe keep repeating stuff.

With the right wing ones, they will try and argue their point and if shut down logically, they double down and argue how the facts are wrong and if you push it, they get damn violent and abusive threatening to beat you up or start insulting you every way they can to attack the messenger and pretend the facts are wrong.

It is like they are both trying to have their own safe spaces. The left wing ones try to retreat somewhere else where they don't have to deal with it while the right wing ones try to use violence and ignorance to create their own safe space around them pushing everything else away. They are both doing the same thing with one being passive and the other being aggressive about it.

Not trying to paint with broad strokes and say that is what all of them do, just the majority I have dealt with from dealings with real life people and on facebook without the anonymity of being on here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Whaa whaa whaa - victim complex over nothing. I said people that look down their noses at blue collar work were "lesser people" - not Californians en masse. If you are gonna cry at least get your crocodile tears right.

Another reading comprehension fail and crying about something that didn't even happen, LOL!

Please - where the FUCK does that say anything about Californians?
    In the same thread comparing a Coder in California to a physical laborer in any red state.

But please do continue the backtrack like your Emperor.

Just seems to come up often when ever your point is being attacked on its merits, or to present a point that you likely do not walk to be criticized.

I also said label

not insult

You have a random label generator.
    Whatever you say Genn, I think ive been pretty gracious on this forum, especially as of late. I even apologized publicly for slandering you at one point. When was the last time you've seen anyone else do the same on this forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you say Genn, I think ive been pretty gracious on this forum, especially as of late. I even apologized publicly for slandering you at one point. When was the last time you've seen anyone else do the same on this forum?
    I apologize all the time actually.
    @Sky High now gets another coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have some on both. For me, generally the conservative ones tend to be the worse among them, worse than the left wing people.

With the left wing ones, they will try to argue their point and if shut down logically, they will shut up or maybe keep repeating stuff.

With the right wing ones, they will try and argue their point and if shut down logically, they double down and argue how the facts are wrong and if you push it, they get damn violent and abusive threatening to beat you up or start insulting you every way they can to attack the messenger and pretend the facts are wrong.

It is like they are both trying to have their own safe spaces. The left wing ones try to retreat somewhere else where they don't have to deal with it while the right wing ones try to use violence and ignorance to create their own safe space around them pushing everything else away. They are both doing the same thing with one being passive and the other being aggressive about it.

Not trying to paint with broad strokes and say that is what all of them do, just the majority I have dealt with from dealings with real life people and on facebook without the anonymity of being on here.
    You are painiting with broad strokes though.

I think everyone is inclined to attack the messenger in debates, especially on the internet and deny facts that counter their point of view. I'm guilty of it, im sure you are too, as are most others.

Hell, my sister who is as left as they come (Womens study major at one of the most expensive colleges in the country) does the same when it's pointed out to her that the gender wage gap is largely a myth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    In the same thread comparing a Coder in California to a physical laborer in any red state.

But please do continue the backtrack like your Emperor.
    Backtrack? LOL. I am not backtracking one single bit, I am just pointing out your failed reading comprehension. It is hilarious to watch you twist my words to try to fit your ridiculous post. You are taking YOUR bias, imposing it on my comments, and then EXTRAPOLATING a bullshit conclusion to fit your lack of a legitimate point. Totally fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-18 at 07:14 PM.

Let's not pretend it's that great really.

Here in AZ 300k can buy you a beautiful 5 bedroom house with a pool. In CA especially in the cities, that can't buy you a bungalow built in the 50s

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, the only diversity the left cares about is diversity of skin color, not diversity of thought.
    The most expensive real estate sale in San Diego County last month was a remodeled historical 2-bedroom/2-bath 1,200 square-foot cottage sitting on top of the Carlsbad’s bluff which went for $10M. The agent used to be my wife’s protégé and he gave us a tour. The inside was amazing. However, the view was worth millions. Then there is the fact that the area is now protected, and nobody can build there anymore. Guaranteed no noisy neighbors.