Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All raids LFR/Normal/Heroic and a Mythic +0 tour has been enough to get me Legendary every single week for 4 months now.

Its at the point where I can literally guess when I am going to get my next Legendary (tomorrow).

To earn one a week, WoW essentially has to be a second job with you pouring a large number of hours doing all of the content where a Legendary could drop from...all of it.

No thanks.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    To earn one a week, WoW essentially has to be the job with you pouring a large number of hours doing all of the content where a Legendary could drop from...all of it.

No thanks.
    Fixed for accuracy
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Fixed for accuracy
    Fair enough, lol.

What I'm getting from the replies here is that you have to spend all of your time outside of work to get 1 a week. If that's true then it's probably not healthy to be getting 1 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    if you wanna grind the same shit over and over for minimal improvements knock yourself out lol
    minimal.. lol good joke man

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    "You should be getting at least 1 legendary per week"

Maybe they mean if you play your third specs you should get a legendary per week.

Anyway, I do really minimal shit, World quest, questing thats all, and I get 1 leggos every 3 or 4 weeks on my main spec
    Don't care about my other spec. I'm missing only 2 leggos on my main spec and already got the ones for all spec ( pridaz, trinket ring boots) so after that I guess it will be faster.
    This response is the closest to what I experience.

I run LFR, lots of Mythic +, Emissary, the occasional invasion, Heroic ToS and one boss in Mythic ToS so far. I get about 1 legendary ever 3-4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I see stuff like this posted here all the time and I want to know how players can get a legendary per week. I do a full clear of heroic + normal of ToS , sometimes the old raids, daily emisary, M+, Argus rare and world invasions. I do all that and still don't get a legendary per week. How are players getting a legendary per week?
    Do LFR. All of LFR. That's 9 bosses from EN, 3 from ToV, 10 from NH and 9 from ToS. It's super easy and you can basically solo it whenever you're free. It's more boss kills than your weekly guild clear of ToS.

The other really good thing is running mythic dungeons, not Mythic keystone dungeons. Mythic+ is a waste of your time if legendaries is what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Clearing every single raid on every difficulty
    All emissaries
    Clear all mythic dungeons
    World bosses
    Spam m+ / Invasions / Treasures / rares
    So basically if you spend your lifetime 24/7 to wow you should be getting one legendary per week.

Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Do LFR. All of LFR. That's 9 bosses from EN, 3 from ToV, 10 from NH and 9 from ToS. It's super easy and you can basically solo it whenever you're free. It's more boss kills than your weekly guild clear of ToS.

The other really good thing is running mythic dungeons, not Mythic keystone dungeons. Mythic+ is a waste of your time if legendaries is what you want.
    And herein lies the problem I have with RNG legendaries: Forcing you to slog through boring, easy content just for a *chance* at getting something that will potentially be useless and go straight into the bank.

Blizzard. Stahp. This is not Diablo 3. Stop stuffing the game full of loot RNG.

It's definitely possible to get a legendary a week. I did it a bunch of content and managed to get 3 in a span of two weeks. It's really time consuming and draining though, it's really not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And herein lies the problem I have with RNG legendaries: Forcing you to slog through boring, easy content just for a *chance* at getting something that will potentially be useless and go straight into the bank.

Blizzard. Stahp. This is not Diablo 3. Stop stuffing the game full of loot RNG.
    To be fair, I don't disagree with you at all. I didn't like the legendary farm. But we have reached the point in the expansion where it's actually reasonable to get all the legendaries of your spec, just by playing routinely. I only mentioned how to farm them faster if that's what you want to do. It may very well be that the time investment in doing boring farm is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    To be fair, I don't disagree with you at all. I didn't like the legendary farm. But we have reached the point in the expansion where it's actually reasonable to get all the legendaries of your spec, just by playing routinely. I only mentioned how to farm them faster if that's what you want to do. It may very well be that the time investment in doing boring farm is not worth it.
    Its reasonable to have several legendaries If you've played since launch or at least a bit early on perhaps. I played at launch and returned semi-late, I have 8 legendaries... across 3 chars. This system is not newcomer friendly and quite frankly I've recently started to understand that, its also why I cannot recommend the game to others anymore.

I wouldn't recommend farming legendaries either if you're strapped on time. I once spent 2-3 weeks more actively doing the aforementioned content to get a drop and once it happened I received Sephuz for my rogue.. or was it Cinidaria? Nevertheless it was useless and there's nothing more enlightening than swallow that ball of despair & sadness and see all that BLP flow down the drain. First time WoW has done that for me too.

If you're a competitive raider, go for broke otherwise stay the hell away from farming for it from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Jesus, do you work??!?!?!
    LFR can be done in about 1-2 hours.
    Normal can be done in about 1-2 hours.
    Heroic can be done in 2-3 hours.
    Some mythic could be 1-2 hours given how fast they clear the normal and heroic modes.
    All the Argus WQ daily takes less than an hour.
    Invasions 30 min,
    Probably 4 hours for the mythic +.

It could all be done in 15 hours over a week that is a bit more than 2 hours a night. Plenty of time to do all of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Found the culprit. If you aren't doing all the raids on LFR through at least heroic, you probably won't hit the one a week people bring up.
    After a very slow start to legendaries, I was getting about one aver week ana half only raiding heroic/mythic and maybe doing 6 emissaries a week, with what ever Broken shore WQ that gave AP. That was until I got them all on my DH. No there is no more to get so I don't see many. I don't play my 110 alts enough to see them regularly anymore.

If I wanted to grind a legendary, I would do as much of this as possible for a reasonable(in effort and drop rate) chance at 1 per week:

1x of each mythic +0
    1x Mythic+X>0 dungeon
    LFR + Normal + Heroic of all raids
    3x Minor invasions per day
    1x Major invasion per week
    2x Non-Argus world bosses per week(one on broken shore, one on older content)
    1x Emmissary per day
    1x Random Daily Heroic
    Xx Randomly farm rares/chests on Argus to taste

I would scale that way back on any week I had to do story content, but that is pretty much over I think after this week.

It seems like a lot because you had several hours of story quests this week as well as the past 2 weeks, with new areas to learn and content to master.

Once that goes away, and you are left with just the grind, it gets a lot more reasonable.

I'd say this puts you at about 6-7(this probably depends on your dps, if you can carry it's quicker, if you can't, it's probably slower) hours a week of farming to get your lego each week if you have high enough ilvl/healer to get insta-grabbed in group finder. Add your 6 hours of raiding or random time to get those things done and you end up with 12-13 hours a week to stay current and very quickly farm a legendary. You will also improve your gear almost weekly, be farming ap organically, and generally improving your character in all the right ways.

You can just wait and this will happen organically, it will just take a lot longer.

I have 13, 34 days played at this level, and I've farmed 3 or 4. I'm due for number 14. I have all fire legos, 1 frost, and all cross spec legendaries.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-09-18 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    What I'm getting from the replies here is that you have to spend all of your time outside of work to get 1 a week. If that's true then it's probably not healthy to be getting 1 a week.
    This is pretty accurate. I had a 2-3 week period over the summer between jobs/courses where I had a TON of time to play, was getting one every week and a half. But with school/work/internship starting back up? Crazy how some people manage their time so that they can play WoW 40-50 hours a week and work 40+ hours a week...

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Clearing every single raid on every difficulty
    All emissaries
    Clear all mythic dungeons
    World bosses
    Spam m+ / Invasions / Treasures / rares
    And be a good blizz drone without social life :P Or any at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What does it matter, you only need 2 anyway.
    This pearl of wisdom from the guy who thinks AH BoEs = Pay To Win

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    "You should be getting at least 1 legendary per week"

Maybe they mean if you play your third specs you should get a legendary per week.

Anyway, I do really minimal shit, World quest, questing thats all, and I get 1 leggos every 3 or 4 weeks on my main spec
    Don't care about my other spec. I'm missing only 2 leggos on my main spec and already got the ones for all spec ( pridaz, trinket ring boots) so after that I guess it will be faster.
    Nope. I got 3 legendaries in the past 2 weeks because the argus rares/treasures/invasion bosses all count toward BLP and can drop them.

Since 7.3 it's easier now than ever before to grind out legendaries if you really want to. If you don't want to/can't put in the time and effort, that's no one's fault but yours. Any of my guildies that have wanted to grind them out quickly have been able to since 7.3. You can literally kill and loot a combined total of over 50 rares/chests per day on Argus. That's a TON of chances and a LOT of bad luck protection that previously was not available prior to 7.3 on this scale.

Do this and all 12 LFR parts, your mythic+ for your weekly chest, and maybe a random pugged normal EN or so once per week and I promise you, you will get one quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    This pearl of wisdom from the guy who thinks AH BoEs = Pay To Win
    lol'd IRL because it's true. Leave it to him to track down and troll a thread within minutes of it being posted. Guy never contributes anything positive, just bitches a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Do you have an armory or something we can look at?

If you're doing all that, you should be getting around 1 or so a week. I've been getting around 1/week for a while now, getting close to getting all the legendaries for my 4 specs.

LFR/Normal/Heroic ToS, with some Mythic
    All of the Argus WQs, and all the AP-reward Old WQs
    Daily emissary
    Invasions
    And probably a dozen or so M+ a week.
    as someone who just wants to log in raid/pvp and log out, i am so glad i skipped this expansion. holy crap.