Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I couldn't hack it in a desert like Arizona. If I was to move to a really red state I'd go West Virginia for the mountains and forests.
    Thats one of the biggest things I miss about living out East, the trees.

I used to run anywhere from 8-10 miles a day and the sound of the wind through the trees was a distraction from the rest of the stress in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Terre Haute is far from the south. She's about 20 miles away from a blue state.
    Illinois may be a blue state but only because of Chicago. Pretty much the rest of the state outside of Chicago is Republican red. So across the state line from Terre Haute, it's more of the same red that the writer is experiencing in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Was trying to avoid painting in broad strokes as there are exceptions, but on the overall, that is what I have dealt with as the norms. But as I said, these are people from facebook and real life, not the ones I deal with on here. So these are all people living or grown up in the same areas and known each other for years.

On this forum, hit and miss on both sides of the spectrum but at the same time it is hard to see which ones of them are stage acts, just trolling online or trying to be harder and stronger online to offset how they act in real life versus how many are actually like that
    If there is one absolute negative thing to come out of social media, is the ability for people to stay in a echo chamber and never be exposed to outside opinions where civil debate or discussion is required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Idk, I think I'd prefer somewhere on the east coast, though now that I've looked into it, Arizona seems to have some habitable areas so MAYBE. XD
    Arizona is one of the most bio-diverse states in the union. In the south you have desert with Cactus and brush, and a hour or two drive north you have pine trees, and a decent amount of rain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Ah, gotcha.
    Though for me that assessment isn't generally true. Most I know that I discuss politics with would fall pretty well under the conservative umbrella. Unless you mean rigidly adhere to a specific set of criteria, but then most of the liberals I know also wouldn't necessarily qualify.
    Most people in this country are center/right or center/left. I am center/right (though I fully support abortion, no religion, and a few other "left" opinions.)

The problem with this country (and the entire world, actually) is you then have the extreme left and extreme right, both of which are nothing but complete whack jobs. Unfortunately, the narrative in this country has been held by the extreme left for a very long time, which is why the hate Trump as much as they do. They cannot handle the fact that people actually disagree with their extreme POV- and those people that disagree proved it by voting in Trump.

It is always so funny, watching the blithering idiot talking heads trying to analyze why Trump won, how it was possible. What they never, ever get is that it was as simple as this - "hey, extreme left....SHUT THE FUCK UP." Case closed.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-18 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That's because Indiana has some good shit going for it.

But now let's take a look at Oklahoma, New Jersey and Illinois that are all shit holes because of Republican legislation.

Also I enjoy how she talks about California being uncaring about your personal wealth. Gee, I wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

Refusal to accept reality is a mental disorder, not ignorance.
    If you think Illinois' problems are due to Republican legislation, then you haven't been paying attention. The state is being run into the ground by Chicago and it's Democratic politicians. Whatever Chicago wants, the rest of the state is forced to follow suit.....and we see how well that's been going.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Illinois may be a blue state but only because of Chicago. Pretty much the rest of the state outside of Chicago is Republican red. So across the state line from Terre Haute, it's more of the same red that the writer is experiencing in Indiana.
    That's true of most of the states though, especially at the last election. Blue bubbles in seas of red.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you like punishing heat & humidity combos. Unless you want to live inland like way up in the llano estacado.
    i used to live in Austin and currently live in DFW. I'm very aware

Edit: Not even a double post in the same post, an entirely separate post.

Never lived in a red state, but have driven through quite a few of them.

You all collectively suck at driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If you think Illinois' problems are due to Republican legislation, then you haven't been paying attention. The state is being run into the ground by Chicago and it's Democratic politicians. Whatever Chicago wants, the rest of Cook County is forced to follow suit.....and we see how well that's been going.....
    FTFY.

There's a whole lot more taxes being put up by the city and Cook County to shore up the lower tax rates the rest of the state gets. The 9 1/2 million people in the Chicagoland Area (That's Area not the City Proper) is holding up the rest of the state not the other way around.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Not even a double post in the same post, an entirely separate post.
    admin is feeding the hamsters the best they can!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    If there is one absolute negative thing to come out of social media, is the ability for people to stay in a echo chamber and never be exposed to outside opinions where civil debate or discussion is required.

- - - Updated - - -

Arizona is one of the most bio-diverse states in the union. In the south you have desert with Cactus and brush, and a hour or two drive north you have pine trees, and a decent amount of rain.
    Oh dear god yes.

It isn't even that they are never exposed to them, when they are exposed they try to shut it out.

Seen too many who actually believed that Sanders was some communist who was going to up their tax rates to 95% or believed that Trump had the largest crowds or that illegals cost him the popular vote or believe so many other things there were factually untrue. But their friends online who agreed with them and all the memes that said what they wanted to hear was more important than any facts or news that told them otherwise because "They are all fake".

So annoying when you have someone trying to use lies that they believe completely and won't question at all but when you tell them anything that disputes it with cold hard facts to refute it they refuse to accept and question the sources to infinity and back.

Actually had one who kept trying to debate me on Trump trying to dispute my sources when they were Trump admitting stuff on camera.

"Trump said he was going to drain the swamp", He admitted during his Thank You rallies that he never meant it and just said it because it played well.
    "Who told you that?", Trump on camera during the rallies.

"Trump didn't fire Comey because of Russia", yes he did, he admitted it.
    "Who told you that?", Trump on camera during an interview.

And so on and so on....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I live in a small country so it might cloud my views but I fail to see where you live has any impact on how you vote. Everyone has certain ideals and standards and that shouldn't change based on where you decide to live.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Never lived in a red state, but have driven through quite a few of them.

You all collectively suck at driving.
    Ahh, I lived in the Bay Area for 4 and a half years, shit driving is definitely not exclusive to red states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I live in a small country so it might cloud my views but I fail to see where you live has any impact on how you vote. Everyone has certain ideals and standards and that shouldn't change based on where you decide to live.
    Where you're raised can influence what you believe early in life, since we're fairly moldable until about HS age. Then add in the kind of education system your area has absolutely has an effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, I lived in the Bay Area for 4 and a half years, shit driving is definitely not exclusive to red states.
    I went to LA for my USC graduation (also for 2 conferences, but I stayed in a hotel within walking distance). Hopped on I-5 in an UBER. Never. Again.

I recently moved from a red state (SC) to a blue state (MD), and even though the cost of living is much higher, the quality of life is mythical in comparison. High quality internet, nearly no crime to the point that neighbors effectively leave their doors unlocked, people conversing with "how do you do"s at the mailbox or leaving for work. Well kept neighborhoods and law enforcement that don't feel like they're going to shoot me, my dog, and my mother for looking at them directly.

The most offputting thing is likely how many women are out-and-about in the inner parts of town and in the city. I used to essentially seeing only men about the day in SC, but in MD it's the opposite. Working women and such, being independent are much more common here, I'm assuming. It's more of a breath of fresh air, than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Oh, my sweet summer child...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Thats one of the biggest things I miss about living out East, the trees.

I used to run anywhere from 8-10 miles a day and the sound of the wind through the trees was a distraction from the rest of the stress in my life.
    I went to WV once, there in those mountains, among the thick forests, main it was like stepping on hollowed ground. I loved it, like a quiet serene place. I do truly love the way it looks, its the second most comfortable place I've ever set foot in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    FTFY.

There's a whole lot more taxes being put up by the city and Cook County to shore up the lower tax rates the rest of the state gets. The 9 1/2 million people in the Chicagoland Area (That's Area not the City Proper) is holding up the rest of the state not the other way around.
    Taxes aside, we've seen just how well it's been working for Illinois to basically have Chicago at the helm for everything. The state is broke as a joke for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the biggest thing that changed when I moved from NorCali to Wyoming was less division between red/blue. Folks out here are by-and-large, much more live and let live types. I wouldn't say it changed my life though, just made it easier not to worry about crossing battle lines.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.