I was totally planning on pre-ordering Destiny 2 on PC because I played the Beta and it looked and felt amazing. I wouldn't be playing it for more than the story and campaign really, it certainly isn't going to be a staple of my play time, but I want it to have as I know I'll enjoy popping in here and there. Is it worth the box price at this point or should I wait until later when it has more? Are the pre-order bonuses (specifically the legendary weapon) worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I was totally planning on pre-ordering Destiny 2 on PC because I played the Beta and it looked and felt amazing. I wouldn't be playing it for more than the story and campaign really, it certainly isn't going to be a staple of my play time, but I want it to have as I know I'll enjoy popping in here and there. Is it worth the box price at this point or should I wait until later when it has more? Are the pre-order bonuses (specifically the legendary weapon) worth it?
    Is the box price worth it just for the story campaign....No.

Now if u plan to do Story plus the endgame stuff outside of raiding then sure if you like that style of gameplay. There is strikes/pvp and world stuff like public events and post campaign quests. Its not hard to gear up for everything outside of raiding. Gearing up for raiding isn't hard ether just a bit more time consuming and the raid itself IMO is shit.

As for the legendary/exotic pre-order stuff, Not really. It gives you a light level boost and is decent weapon's but nothing ground breaking.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

After reading the comments here and watching a console story playthrough (as PC players are screwed with the delayed release), I guess I will hold out until Borderlands 3 for this kind of RPG+FPS game.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46254

DESTINY 2 HOTFIX - 9/18/17
    0h - Cozmo
    1.0.1.3 The one about post launch fixes.

Items
    Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive Man O’ War Linear Fusion Rifle Quest Reward when they have a full weapon inventory
    Players can obtain their missing Man O’ War from Asher Mir on IO

UI
    Fixed an issue where the Prism modifier did not persistently display the currently featured element
    Prism will now display a brief screen effect when the element changes to increase visibility
    This will also resolve an issue impacting the Momentum modifier

General
    Fixed an issue where a Raid object was receiving an unintended amount of damage from Wardcliff Coil
    Fixed an issue where completing a Meditation before selecting it from Ikora would hide that Meditation and prevent players from completing it receiving appropriate rewards.
    Fixed a rare memory leak that would result in a Matchmaking crash
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Angry Joe's Review.
    Holy crap! I had a few minutes left on my lunch break and figured i'd give this a watch. 45 minutes? No thanks. I don't need to hear someone complain for nearly an hour.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Holy crap! I had a few minutes left on my lunch break and figured i'd give this a watch. 45 minutes? No thanks. I don't need to hear someone complain for nearly an hour.
    Well he didn't complain. His review was quite accurate and honest.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Well he didn't complain. His review was quite accurate and honest.
    From the reception it has received here, I was under the impression that he didn't have anything but negative remarks regarding the game. Perhaps if I have 45 minutes to watch the video I will. But really, that is quite a long video.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From the reception it has received here, I was under the impression that he didn't have anything but negative remarks regarding the game. Perhaps if I have 45 minutes to watch the video I will. But really, that is quite a long video.
    There are remarks about the game. Some of them are negative, some are positive, some are neutral - it's a review and no game is perfection incarnate. If you cannot stand some guy speaking ill (with good reason) about the game - don't watch it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    This bug where you dont actually get the rep materials when lotting the item is really annoying, doing this quest to gather 10 datalattice and so far about 3 havent actually given me the item :\

You're not missing much. It's mostly filled with complaints from someone who obviously has no understanding of the game. He played the game entirely with a group then complained about AI. Didn't invest anywhere near enough time into it and only reached 252 Power Level. He also claimed he played the raid while not being high enough to even step in, and proceeded to use other people's footage of the raid. Was factually wrong multiple times and misunderstood core game mechanics. Decided to show a story boss being staggered while complaining that it was a Strike boss being cheesed. He didn't even know who Rasputin was, after having apparently played the first game. Oh and the typical complaint about micro-transactions for cosmetic gear.

There were some things he was right about, but it was hard to ignore the glaring faults. Also starts the video out by saying DLC is to blame and there's apparently cut content, with nothing further to back it. A lot of his review was pretty laughable, many in the Destiny community (outside of this thread) holding the same thoughts about his "review".

You can get a general idea of what he was saying from the replies in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    You're not missing much. It's mostly filled with complaints from someone who obviously has no understanding of the game. He played the game entirely with a group then complained about AI. Didn't invest anywhere near enough time into it and only reached 252 Power Level. He also claimed he played the raid while not being high enough to even step in, and proceeded to use other people's footage of the raid. Was factually wrong multiple times and misunderstood core game mechanics. Decided to show a story boss being staggered while complaining that it was a Strike boss being cheesed. He didn't even know who Rasputin was, after having apparently played the first game. Oh and the typical complaint about micro-transactions for cosmetic gear.

There were some things he was right about, but it was hard to ignore the glaring faults. Also starts the video out by saying DLC is to blame and there's apparently cut content, with nothing further to back it. A lot of his review was pretty laughable, many in the Destiny community (outside of this thread) holding the same thoughts about his "review".

You can get a general idea of what he was saying from the replies in this thread.
    Sorry, but your post screams "I don't like or agree with what AngryJoe said, therefore what he said is wrong, regardless of how valid it actually is."

Most of what Joe said IS valid. I can confirm this by having done everything there is to do in the game currently with two characters sitting at 300ish light.

You just can't seem to accept any valid form of criticism for a game that you're apparently in love with. It's literally blinding you to the faults that the game has. And as such your opinions mean far less than Joe's do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sorry, but your post screams "I don't like or agree with what AngryJoe said, therefore what he said is wrong, regardless of how valid it actually is."

Most of what Joe said IS valid. I can confirm this by having done everything there is to do in the game currently with two characters sitting at 300ish light.

You just can't seem to accept any valid form of criticism for a game that you're apparently in love with. It's literally blinding you to the faults that the game has. And as such your opinions mean far less than Joe's do.
    Incorrect. I've said the game has flaws. I've said it's repetitive. I've said it runs out of things to do if you've grinded. I gave it a 7.5 personally. If that screams blind fanboy to you, you need to check your vocabulary for new insults towards people who disagree with anything you say. I realize it's easy just to insult and disregard people throwing out "fanboy" as you love so much, but hey maybe even you are capable of rational thought sometimes.

However, I've also pointed out all the glaring faults that his video has and why you should take his opinion for what it's worth: somebody inexperienced with the game making comments about content he hasn't touched. All the things I mentioned in the quoted post are correct as to where he's wrong. Sorry you can't accept that I find a review absolutely baseless (with evidence as to why!) and separate that from me not acknowledging the faults in the game too.

I'm not alone in thinking his review is baseless, again see the previous thread I linked. I don't understand why you're so vehemently defensive about one person's "review" on a game, nor why you all need to interject into any conversation regarding his review and berate them like you have over the last 4 pages. Especially so when I've never argued that the game has faults.

I've never argued you run out of things to do. I've simply pointed out the faults in his video and the position he's doing it from.

There's also something funny about opinions: They're opinions! Other than factually incorrect material, they will differ from person to person. Shocking I know! So to claim your opinion means anymore than mine is laughable, especially so when citing your "experience". My opinion is formed from personally being at 305 Power Level, having completed everything the game has to offer thus far, and having solo completed all the Nightfalls thus far too. You don't see me trying to throw that around like I'm the end-all be-all of opinions, like it validates me or something - unlike yourself.

I just think it's fair to say that most people in this thread's opinion is worth far more than AngryJoe's, or most of the people in the Destiny community really; which is the entire point I'm making.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Incorrect. I've said the game has flaws. I've said it's repetitive. I've said it runs out of things to do if you've grinded. I gave it a 7.5 personally. If that screams blind fanboy to you, you need to check your vocabulary for new insults towards people who disagree with anything you say. I realize it's easy just to insult and disregard people throwing out "fanboy" as you love so much, but hey maybe even you are capable of rational thought sometimes.

However, I've also pointed out all the glaring faults that his video has and why you should take his opinion for what it's worth: somebody inexperienced with the game making comments about content he hasn't touched. All the things I mentioned in the quoted post are correct as to where he's wrong. Sorry you can't accept that I find a review absolutely baseless (with evidence as to why!) and separate that from me not acknowledging the faults in the game too.

I'm not alone in thinking his review is baseless, again see the previous thread I linked. I don't understand why you're so vehemently defensive about one person's "review" on a game, nor why you all need to interject into any conversation regarding his review and berate them like you have over the last 4 pages. Especially so when I've never argued that the game has faults.

I've never argued you run out of things to do. I've simply pointed out the faults in his video and the position he's doing it from.

There's also something funny about opinions: They're opinions! Other than factually incorrect material, they will differ from person to person. Shocking I know! So to claim your opinion means anymore than mine is laughable, especially so when citing your "experience". My opinion is formed from personally being at 305 Power Level, having completed everything the game has to offer thus far, and having solo completed all the Nightfalls thus far too. You don't see me trying to throw that around like I'm the end-all be-all of opinions, like it validates me or something - unlike yourself.

I just think it's fair to say that most people in this thread's opinion is worth far more than AngryJoe's, or most of the people in the Destiny community really; which is the entire point I'm making.
    The problem with your stance is that you are claiming a lot of what he said is baseless simply because of how much time he put into the game. Which I might agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that there are people (myself included) that have experienced everything in the game, multiple times over now and are agreeing with his points. It's a fact that you seem to convientally keep ignoring and simply keep stating "he doesn't know!"

So alot of his points are valid, because they're being backed up by people who have actually experienced everything in the game. Your whole argument against him falls apart from there.

Also, it's well known that you will defend this game until your dying breath. You've been doing that since D1 launched. It's fine if you like the game and make content about it. But that's where I feel your problem is. You have an attachment and ulterior motive when it comes to talking about this game.

And yes, I know you have criticisms about the Destiny series. But you always seem to overlook them in the end and simply try your damnedest to make other's valid criticisms seem like they shouldn't matter. Just like you are doing with Joe's right now, even though A LOT of what he said is perfectly valid. Not all of it, but most of it is.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-09-18 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    The problem with your stance is that you are claiming a lot of what he said is baseless simply because of how much time he put into the game. Which I might agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that there are people (myself included) that have experienced everything in the game, multiple times over now and are agreeing with his points. It's a fact that you seem to convientally keep ignoring and simply keep stating "he doesn't know!"

So alot of his points are valid, because they're being backed up by people who have actually experienced everything in the game. Your whole argument against him falls apart from there.
    Yep this really does sum it up.

I have two characters who are light level 274 and 275, I have done the raid (to be fair 3/4 of it before I was sick of it, didn't fight the last guy) and much of the other content. What AngryJoe said about the game is 100% true and I can say that because I experienced it first hand. My opinion of the game was formed well before his review came out.

Is Destiny 2 a bad game? Nope, But it has major flaws and is a step above Destiny 1. A 6 out of 10 isn't a bad score or a low score, not everyone uses IGN's score system.

The crack's are showing with Destiny 2, I just hope they fix them in time. Based on the amount of stuff "fixed" in today's patch, I'm not going to hold my breath.

(For me its a 7 out of 10 but barely)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-18 at 09:50 PM.

I think Xur wants me to go Arcstrider. Bought the Exo chest that has the Arc Staff damage buff on.

To be honest I love it more than Gunslinger.

So far i have one glaring criticism of the game: Io. What a complete waste of dev time.

I can roam around the EDZ and it is gorgeous. Lakes and forests and ruins and every corner looks different and nice. Clearly a lot of time and effort was put into its design. Titan is super small but again it feels distinct, a little like Mars in its prefab nature but looks really memorable -especially the overgrown arcology infested with hive in one room and moss covered sleek golden age arcology corridors the next. Nessus is Venus 2.0 and while some areas are a bit of a bitch to get around its vex with a slightly different take that stays true to the art set of the race but looks also like a different iteration from another point in vex development.

Then you have Io which from an artistic standpoint is lazy. Its dusty canyons with a vex building dropped in along with every canyon having ribcage bones around it. This feels like Blizzard at its worst not bungie at its best. Theres a big thing left by the traveller and maybe its a future raid but so far its nothing but skybox at best. The fossil stuff feels neat but what is it supposed to suggest? a mass extinction after failed terraforming? or is the vex mechaforming the world? all we get is "wierd lake under pyramid" and the Taken thrown in. But unlike the plaguelands which was an out and out filler zone this not only looks lazy its designed lazy.
    Go into some places like the tunnels left of the Pyramid where you fight the taken to a portal. Look over the bridge in the final area. The room is a box with a vex texture on it. Not some pit to nowhere but a box, and if you scale the outside of the bridge 'death' hits you if you drop an inch below the bridges 'floor' when the floor of the rooms box is easily reachable and outside areas have you drop much lower on the map. Thats just one example but you get the point. It feels thrown together at the last minute compared to every other location in the game and were it not for intriqueing information about a new Warmind and maybe some hope for it in the Osiris expansion in december i would easily list Io to be written off as the worst location in all of destiny over the last 3 years.

Frankly i would rather have just kept the moon or mars and have more plot progression there, all that clovis bray teasing thats still going on with his daughter and that results in nothing right now.

Ah well, maybe the Warmind expansion will add Mars again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think Xur wants me to go Arcstrider. Bought the Exo chest that has the Arc Staff damage buff on.

I swear im the only Hunter that loves Nightstalker

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So far i have one glaring criticism of the game: Io. What a complete waste of dev time.

I can roam around the EDZ and it is gorgeous. Lakes and forests and ruins and every corner looks different and nice. Clearly a lot of time and effort was put into its design. Titan is super small but again it feels distinct, a little like Mars in its prefab nature but looks really memorable -especially the overgrown arcology infested with hive in one room and moss covered sleek golden age arcology corridors the next. Nessus is Venus 2.0 and while some areas are a bit of a bitch to get around its vex with a slightly different take that stays true to the art set of the race but looks also like a different iteration from another point in vex development.

Then you have Io which from an artistic standpoint is lazy. Its dusty canyons with a vex building dropped in along with every canyon having ribcage bones around it. This feels like Blizzard at its worst not bungie at its best. Theres a big thing left by the traveller and maybe its a future raid but so far its nothing but skybox at best. The fossil stuff feels neat but what is it supposed to suggest? a mass extinction after failed terraforming? or is the vex mechaforming the world? all we get is "wierd lake under pyramid" and the Taken thrown in. But unlike the plaguelands which was an out and out filler zone this not only looks lazy its designed lazy.
    Go into some places like the tunnels left of the Pyramid where you fight the taken to a portal. Look over the bridge in the final area. The room is a box with a vex texture on it. Not some pit to nowhere but a box, and if you scale the outside of the bridge 'death' hits you if you drop an inch below the bridges 'floor' when the floor of the rooms box is easily reachable and outside areas have you drop much lower on the map. Thats just one example but you get the point. It feels thrown together at the last minute compared to every other location in the game and were it not for intriqueing information about a new Warmind and maybe some hope for it in the Osiris expansion in december i would easily list Io to be written off as the worst location in all of destiny over the last 3 years.

Frankly i would rather have just kept the moon or mars and have more plot progression there, all that clovis bray teasing thats still going on with his daughter and that results in nothing right now.

Ah well, maybe the Warmind expansion will add Mars again?

- - - Updated - - -

Still need to unlock that one. It's the Void Arrow thing right?

Got it there ready but been so busy with gearing.

Still need to unlock that one. It's the Void Arrow thing right?

Got it there ready but been so busy with gearing.
    Yeah its basically the debuff spec. Grenades that make walls of flame that basically invalidate a charging pack of dregs of thralls, a melee that can blind enemies with smoke or make you literally invisible, a super that with the right exotic/build can be used infinitely as long as you are near a point where 7 enemies can be hit at once that binds all enemies and links their hp pools for damage.

Throw in a Sunspot, Tarantula or The Prospector and its not the 'press super to win' spec but its the master of nuking waves and packs and makes solo'ing a breeze.

Plus its a void hunter so its edgelord/10

Gunslinger is shit right now sadly. Arcstrider is great for 3man's and world content because u can stun lock most bosses and the void one (can't remember its name atm) is great because of the debuff you can put on bosses for more damage.

I find both to be more fun then Gunslinger as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Nope I love it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Gunslinger is shit right now sadly. Arcstrider is great for 3man's and world content because u can stun lock most bosses and the void one (can't remember its name atm) is great because of the debuff you can put on bosses for more damage.

I find both to be more fun then Gunslinger as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope I love it as well.
    Eh not playing what is OP. Just gonna play what I enjoy.