Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    as someone who just wants to log in raid/pvp and log out, i am so glad i skipped this expansion. holy crap.
    I skip most of that crap too and I'm doing fine for legendaries. It's really not that bad. You'll get them eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    if you wanna grind the same shit over and over for minimal improvements knock yourself out lol
    That moment you realize that 200k dps is a minimal improvement, as declared by a randy MMO-C poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Better get to farming, then.
    All I'm doing right now is auctions, until they release new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbornsham View Post
    So basically if you spend your lifetime 24/7 to wow you should be getting one legendary per week.

Seems fair.
    It is, relatively. You get out what you put in. You don't seriously expect the same as someone who puts in a lot of effort, do you? That would be stupid.*

*Assuming because... Well, people on here are daft enough to think that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    That moment you realize that 200k dps is a minimal improvement, as declared by a randy MMO-C poster.
    Really, 200k dps if you switch out a legendary for a better one? Doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Really, 200k dps if you switch out a legendary for a better one? Doubt it.
    imgur. com/a/myVEj

fuck off retard

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-09-19 at 12:58 PM.

With the latest patch, you should hit the one-lego-per-week spot with much less efforts then pre 7.3

Since the last 2 weeks, for me around 20ish( bosses between ToS N/HC/M, a handful of M+ and the daily chores in Argus were enough to get 2.

The last 2 sources were an Argus Rare and a regular Treasure Chest.

Going multiple raid clears, LFR clears, a full round of M0, emissaries and Argus grind is putting people in the 2 lego per week range from what i could see from many guildmates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    LFR can be done in about 1-2 hours.
    Normal can be done in about 1-2 hours.
    Heroic can be done in 2-3 hours.
    Some mythic could be 1-2 hours given how fast they clear the normal and heroic modes.
    All the Argus WQ daily takes less than an hour.
    Invasions 30 min,
    Probably 4 hours for the mythic +.

It could all be done in 15 hours over a week that is a bit more than 2 hours a night. Plenty of time to do all of that.

- - - Updated - - -

After a very slow start to legendaries, I was getting about one aver week ana half only raiding heroic/mythic and maybe doing 6 emissaries a week, with what ever Broken shore WQ that gave AP. That was until I got them all on my DH. No there is no more to get so I don't see many. I don't play my 110 alts enough to see them regularly anymore.
    So much lack of info or lying in this thread. Is this PUG or with guildies? Are you dps only or are you also able to queue as tank/healer? These variables greatly affects your time. Furthermore I'll call BS on your some of your timers unless your entire guild assist you through it all (LFR), my experience is quite different (PUG-Rogue):

LFR Queue time averaging at the bare minimum of 20 mins, LFR section averaging 20 mins, boss only averaging 10 mins which becomes = minimum 3.5 hours for all LFR raids. Chaining all queues might make it a bit quicker but lets keep it at 3.5 hours to off-set the errors of wiping (happened during the early ToS + avatar) & joining mid-raid - thus requiring to queue again later.

Normal - well in PUG there's an assembly time as well and greater chance of wiping but lets assume 30 mins preparation and errors. 1 hour each of EN+NH, ToV 0.5 and ToS at 1.5 putting us at = 6 hours for all normal raids including assembly.

Heroic
    - Same preparation time of 0.5 each and 1.5 hour each of EN + NH, ToV 1 and ToS 2 = 8 hours

Mythic
    - I don't raid mythic and highly doubt pug viability but why did you put 1-2 hours on mythic while 2-3 hours on heroic? Doesn't make any sense as it should be opposite. But lets assume you'll receive assistance from an external guild for this and clear them all in the same as a heroic pug = 8 hours*

Argus WQ including 3 invasion is approx = 1 hour
    Legion Assaults = 30 mins varying on the location of each spot.
    Mythic+0 varies quite a bit but lets assume 30 mins each dungeon which includes travel time. This amounts to 13 (14 if you count Karazhan in two parts) times 30 mins = 6.5 hours

Lets look at the tally = 3.5 + 6 + 8 + 8* + 1.5 + 6.5 = 33.5 hours to complete as PUG + some assistance on mythic raids while is unlikely but averages out at ~4.8 hour a day throughout a week. If you subtract the mythic raids then we're at 25.5 hours of farming thus averaging out at 3.6 hours a day.
    How the fuck did you get that down to 15 hours? Even assuming you and your carrying guild are demi-gods and can complete all normal, heroics and mythic raids at the same pace as LFR it would still leave you at 22 hours to complete.

Lets put it in perspective of available hours:
    An average normal day gives me 6 hours sleep + 1 hour to wake up and prepare + 2 hour commuting + 8-10 hours spent at work + 1-1.5 hour cooking, grocery, eating + 0.75 hour chores + 0.75 hour before entering sleep state which leaves me at best 4.5 hours available with 0 social engagement and "downtime" and at worst 2 hours. Thats not including other stuff such as working out (2 hours incl. travel time) and 0 social engagement.

On a weekly basis assuming 0 social life and planning and subtracting 16 hours sleep, 6 hours of training, 2-3 hours of cooking, eating and cleaning over the weekend I'd end up with 33 - 46.5 hours available, give or take.

At best: I'd would spend 72% of my spare time on farming, 55% without mythic raids.
    At worst: I'd be missing ½ hour for completion, 77% without mythic raids.

Is it worth it?
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-18 at 11:20 PM.

It was 1 a week before doing all raid content, broken shore and emisaries.

It's now more like 2+ a week if you're doing all that and argus.

Argus alone can damn near net you 1 a week. Kill all rares, do the invasions 2-3 times a day and loot chests. All of this adds BLP and can drop legos. The amount of shit you can get legos from literally tripled since argus.

And no, if you take 1 trip to argus a day and just do the WQs/3 invasions a day that's not giving you anywhere the BLP you can actually get from it just by logging on and spending a 30 min session there 2-3x a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's not even close to one/week on average.
    I got a guild full of people playing the game getting one a week, and a few guys on mmo-champion whining about drops whilst saying "hey i totally play the game loads and loads".
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    To hell with that grind. My main has four, half of my alts only have one, and the other half don't have any. I'm good with one every few months. Don't need more than that.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I stopped doing wqs on my main about 8 months ago (other than broken shore/argus to get exalted). All i do each week since launch is 1-2 mythic+ dungeon a week and normal/heroic clear of the current raid each week. I have every lego other than 2 prot ones. According to most people I am hardly playing and I have managed to get pretty much every lego for my main. I was acquiring a lego about once every 2-3 weeks this way. If you play more there is no reason you shouldn't be able to acquire one every 1-2 weeks.

I have 7 legndaries, but I don't remember the last time I got one. It's been so long. I've been playing a LOT. Kind of feeling like they changed the formula.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It was 1 a week before doing all raid content, broken shore and emisaries.

It's now more like 2+ a week if you're doing all that and argus.

Argus alone can damn near net you 1 a week. Kill all rares, do the invasions 2-3 times a day and loot chests. All of this adds BLP and can drop legos. The amount of shit you can get legos from literally tripled since argus.

And no, if you take 1 trip to argus a day and just do the WQs/3 invasions a day that's not giving you anywhere the BLP you can actually get from it just by logging on and spending a 30 min session there 2-3x a day.
    What!? You gotta reiterate what you just wrote. Your first statement says that Argus alone can almost net 1 legendary a week by killing all rares and invasion + chests and in your next paragraph you saying that its not possible only by spending time in Argus? The fuck are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You have to grind. Grind til your eyes bleed.

The people that say they get 1 a week spend every waking moment they're not at work, logged in to WoW.

They're defending a broken system.

You have to clear all the old redundant content on 4 different difficulties. Remember Emerald Nightmare? That content you should have been done with 12 months ago? Clear that in LFR, then normal, then heroic, then mythic. Have fun!

I'd rather stick my dick in an oven.
    I wouldn't call it defending a broken system, I'd call it effort:reward working as intended. They put in more hours, they get more out. I don't personally do it, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You can literally kill and loot a combined total of over 50 rares/chests per day on Argus. That's a TON of chances and a LOT of bad luck protection that previously was not available prior to 7.3 on this scale.

Do this and all 12 LFR parts, your mythic+ for your weekly chest, and maybe a random pugged normal EN or so once per week and I promise you, you will get one quickly.
    Btw, chest in Argus give chance for Leggos ? ( yeah I guess I can google it I guess, but I guess the answer will be useful for alot of reader )

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I wouldn't call it defending a broken system, I'd call it effort:reward working as intended. They put in more hours, they get more out. I don't personally do it, FWIW.
    Except one dude can put in 2 legendaries worth of effort and come out with +200-400k dps, and not have to do any more mind draining grinding.

Another dude can get all garbage legendaries, and now have to put in significantly more effort for the exact same reward.

I just came back from a 2~ month break myself, and joined a friends guild. They wanted me to swap chars so I did. I'm now 930 ilvl on that char without ever going into tomb on him. In that time, I have gotten 1! legendary, and it's garbage, despite grinding the ever living hell out of everything, and being fully geared and ready for raiding. Now I have to still grind for months just for 2 pieces that are a significant portion of my dps just to compete, even though I have everything else.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2017-09-19 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Jesus, do you work??!?!?!
    Jesus, do you live ??!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Except one dude can put in 2 legendaries worth of effort and come out with +200-400k dps, and not have to do any more mind draining grinding.

Another dude can get all garbage legendaries, and now have to put in significantly more effort for the exact same reward.

I just came back from a 2~ month break myself, and joined a friends guild. They wanted me to swap chars so I did. I'm now 930 ilvl on that char without ever going into tomb on him. In that time, I have gotten 1! legendary, and it's garbage, despite grinding the ever living hell out of everything, and being fully geared and ready for raiding. Now I have to still grind for months just for 2 pieces that are a significant portion of my dps just to compete, even though I have everything else.
    Oh yeah I completely agree regarding the actual legendaries, I just meant purely in terms of time investment:reward.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post

This is the part where someone says you shouldnt have taken a break and should have cleared all raid difficulties each week like a raid bot and you would have more legendaries. Fun/good/rewarding/fair system that is the legion legendary system.

One day I'll get to change spec on my alts.