Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Impeaching him for this tweet doesn't make sense. Memes are only conceptual units. They are not literal endorsements.
    The White House has communicated in the past that these *are* official White House communications... so when Trump starts spouting out this "Kill Hillary!!" stuff, that's the Commander in Chief of the US Military communicating "lawful" orders to every member of the US Military (among others).

If push came to shove, a case could be made for members of the military refusing his orders in a time of war. oh... what's the penalty for that again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The White House has communicated in the past that these *are* official White House communications... so when Trump starts spouting out this "Kill Hillary!!" stuff, that's the Commander in Chief of the US Military communicating "lawful" orders to every member of the US Military (among others).

If push came to shove, a case could be made for members of the military refusing his orders in a time of war. oh... what's the penalty for that again ?
    No it's not, hence why the Pentagon did not react on the transgender ban until they received guidance/direction through official channels.

It's an official communication, but that does not necessarily make it an order.

Deleted
    LOL- I thought it was hilarious...but watching the reaction from the "offended" is even better. It is so enjoyable to watch what Trump does to those folks on a daily basis. It has been almost 8 months and almost every single day the hysteria meter gets cranked up another notch. LOL!!!!

I think we are gonna need a bigger hysteria meter.

I can no longer tell if what I am reading is satire or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their fucking job is to cover him HES THE POTUS FFS. Do you expect they should ignore him when he acts like a child?
    No - I expect them to get a sense of humor. If you/they are offended by a gif like the golfball smacking Cankles in the back, or the CNN logo getting beatdown by Trump, then the problem is NOT with Trump....

But, then again, you probably find Colbert calling Trump a cockholster the height of hilarity.

I guess it played out like this in Trumps mind:

Trump: Well I'm off to address the UN in a few days, best post this totally awesome gif of me hitting a woman with a golf ball tl sbow hiw awesome I am!

Meanwhie the rest of the UN rolls it's eyes and wonders how it went so wrong for the former leader of the free world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I guess it played out like this in Trumps mind:

Trump: Well I'm off to address the UN in a few days, best post this totally awesome gif of me hitting a woman with a golf ball tl sbow hiw awesome I am!
    spell check is your friend.

Regardless - women wanted equal rights. Now they are equally denigrated with men. Don't like it? Too fucking bad - you don't get to pull the woman card when it is convenient. What would you first sentence have been if it had been Bush, Cruz, or Rubio?

If you can't run with the big dogs, don't get off the porch. If you are gonna cry every time a "woman" is made fun of - in the same regards as a man would be - then I guess you view women as not equal to men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    spell check is your friend.

Regardless - women wanted equal rights. Now they are equally denigrated with men. Don't like it? Too fucking bad - you don't get to pull the woman card when it is convenient. What would you first sentence have been if it had been Bush, Cruz, or Rubio?

If you can't run with the big dogs, don't get off the porch. If you are gonna cry every time a "woman" is made fun of - in the same regards as a man would be - then I guess you view women as not equal to men.
    Mobile phone posting, guess I hit a nerve if that's the best you got though. I'm not on the sexist or outraged train so none of your post is relevant to me. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Mobile phone posting, guess I hit a nerve if that's the best you got though. I'm not on the sexist or outraged train so none of your post is relevant to me. /shrug

Really? The why did you say "this totally awesome gif of me hitting a woman with a golf ball "? Why use the word "woman"? Why not say, specifically Hillary? Hmmmm......

Really? The why did you say "this totally awesome gif of me hitting a woman with a golf ball "? Why use the word "woman"? Why not say, specifically Hillary? Hmmmm......
    Stop projecting there buckaroo. If I was you my concern would be that my President is just about to address the UN for the first time and wants to be taken seriously but uses his Twitter account to present the image that he's a memelord.

But hey that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really offended, but his base laps this shit up, and then laps up the media outrage.

This is how far we have fallen where the POTUS can retweet borderline offensive memes, and it is just hand waived.

Like saying someone face is bleeding, or grabbing pussies.
    It is all just another day in Trump land.

10+ Year Old Account
    May have been in poor taste from the President but ill be damned if i didnt chuckle when i watched it.

I think the outrage and people getting triggered as a show of violence against women or Hillary is too much. Calm down people.

Now of course this is the Orange Turd so he retweeted somebody with a history of anti-Semitic tweets and others. Also watching a 71 year old child not truly understand the office he is holding is discouraging.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The best was Stephen King taking Trump to task, accusing him of having a sick mind and Ben Shapiro reminding the world that King is the guy who added a preteen gangbang in a sewer to the end of the novel "IT".
    Stephen King's job is to come up with horrifying things. It's a part of being a . . . horror . . . novelist.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Stephen King's job is to come up with horrifying things. It's a part of being a . . . horror . . . novelist.
    No no no, we need to hold our quaint but popular horror/fiction novelists to the same standards we hold the President of the United States to.

Really, it's only reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    No - I expect them to get a sense of humor. If you/they are offended by a gif like the golfball smacking Cankles in the back, or the CNN logo getting beatdown by Trump, then the problem is NOT with Trump....

But, then again, you probably find Colbert calling Trump a cockholster the height of hilarity.
    God, I can't imagine your outrage if Obama posted a tweet of him golfing and hitting Mitt Romney in the back of the head in 2012. You and your entire camp of Trumpsters would have pitched a fit.

But because it's your boy Trump, it's okay.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am unsure if a preteen gangbang in a sewer is horrifying or pedophilic, but alright. Still, those in glass houses.... wellyou get the meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

God, I can't imagine your outrage if Obama posted a tweet of him golfing and hitting Mitt Romney in the back of the head in 2012. You and your entire camp of Trumpsters would have pitched a fit.

But because it's your boy Trump, it's okay.
    It was not too long ago that a comedian posted a picture of themselves holding Trump's severed head. We got to hear all about how it was a legitimate threat on the president's life. Or there was that time Trump was used in the role of Caesar in a play (that also had Obama in that role) and how it was so unconscionable... I don't know why you're not expecting rank hypocrisy from these people at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am unsure if a preteen gangbang in a sewer is horrifying or pedophilic, but alright. Still, those in glass houses.... wellyou get the meaning.
    The point is, novelists come up with sick shit for the purpose of writing a story. It doesn't mean they condone such actions or fantasize about them, only that they felt that it was a part of their story for some reason. The job of the President isn't to write a horror story, or any sort of story with disturbing content in it. The job of the President is to lead the country, and part of that is to inspire the country and behave in a manner that encourages unification, not more division.

Trump tweeting about hitting Hillary Clinton in the back of a head with a golf ball, that does not lead to any sort of political healing.

Trump is not a horror novelist.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's check... do you find preteen gangbang more terrifying or seductive?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi