10+ Year Old Account
    Filler or not, they had to cut somewhere. It is only natural that they cut plots and characters that are introduced later in the story. I wouldn't even have put the kingsmoot in the show. Yara would be sitting on the Salt Throne. We have barely seen Euron, and he's more a caricature than an interesting villain.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

What? i literally rewatched all of those scenes yesterday on HBO NOW, an none were missing.
    3.10 had the aerial view of the Draqon Queen and her army and dragons and admirers? Interesting. We have "HBO On Demand" not "HBO NOW". Wonder why there would be a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why are you interpreting Jon will go find a cure? He has very different motivations than Jorah in the show, he might be willing to sacrifice his life to see Aegon on the throne. Keep in mind, there's not even a hint of a cure for greyscale in adults in the books, so unless Aegon banishes him to the Citadel where they take care of sick people (an unnecessary step as any Maester in any Keep should be able to do the same palliative care), it seems like quite the leap you're making just because Jorah has greyscale in the show, in lieu of Jon.

Garlan, last we knew, was on his way back to the Reach to fight Euron at the Shields. I'm not talking about Garlan, I'm talking about Willas, eldest son and heir to Highgarden. I'm talking about the fact that Randyll Tarly would never tolerate an attack by the Greyjoys on the Reach. I'm talking about the fact that the Krakens never go inland or actually hold territories, and when Asha did it in the North it was seen as a fool's errand.

And then, to go back to Dorne - Myrcella isn't even dead in the books. If she dies (which would line up with the prophecy), it seems likely it won't be in Dornish hands. The Darkstar tried to kill her, Areo Hotah saved her, Doran's people nursed her back to health, and Doran is in the process of sending her back North with Jaime and one of the Sand Snakes, Nym. Not to mention Doran dealt with the Sand Snakes decisively and has Ellaria handcuffed in terms of what she can get away. No, in the books, it seems like Myrcella is likely to die because of something Cersei does, which is, narratively, a more sensible direction for her death, and probably as a pretext for war with Dorne.

Garlan - Jesus. Who gives a shit about Garlan?
    Wont be much of a life to sacrifice once he starts losing his mind... He needs to be cured to properly serve, if anyone could cure it the Citadell could. Sam curing greyscale is what leads to him finding about Jon its a key part of the story. The north is far more hostile then the lush green south, and Euron is a crafty son of a bitch who is getting ready to perform a dark magic ritual. Most of Mace's line will be wiped out, any that remain will slide into the background.

Ah yes Nymeria sand

Obara would make Oldtown our father's funeral pyre, but I am not so greedy. Four lives will suffice for me. Lord Tywin's golden twins, as payment for Elia's children. The old lion, for Elia herself. And last of all the little king, for my father. [...] Only royal blood can wash out my father's murder.[2]

None of the four people mentioned in that quote are Myrcella.

Last time I read the books, I remember the Dornish court (and even some of the Sand Snakes) actually liked Myrcella. Including Nym. To me, your analysis seems to be:

1) Google Nymeria Sand.
    2) Skip the first entry which refers to the show version of Nymeria
    3) Go to the wiki entry for the book Nymeria.
    4) C&P the one quote in the wiki, including the numerical annotation for the footnote.
    5) ???????
    6) Assert that the Dornish plot is filler.

Nevermind that promptly after the quote you mentioned, the Sand Snakes were all arrested, and that Doran only sent her to King's Landing with Myrcella, with her knowing the other Sand Snakes were still under Doran's thumb (at least outwardly). Plus, if you knew the books, you'd probably know Doran is actually using Nymeria as part of his own plot to destroy the Lannisters all while seeming like he's doing everything to prevent that - to the very point that he's trying to back winners on both sides, by marrying Myrcella to Trystane, and his son Quentyn to Dany.

Deleted

Last time I read the books, I remember the Dornish court (and even some of the Sand Snakes) actually liked Myrcella. Including Nym. To me, your analysis seems to be:

1) Google Nymeria Sand.
    4) C&P the one quote in the wiki, including the numerical annotation for the footnote.
    5) ???????

Nevermind that promptly after the quote you mentioned, the Sand Snakes were all arrested, and that Doran only sent her to King's Landing with Myrcella, with her knowing the other Sand Snakes were still under Doran's thumb (at least outwardly). Plus, if you knew the books, you'd probably know Doran is actually using Nymeria as part of his own plot to destroy the Lannisters all while seeming like he's doing everything to prevent that - to the very point that he's trying to back winners on both sides, by marrying Myrcella to Trystane, and his son Quentyn to Dany.
    Wait you mean Doran in the books does more than sit in his wheelchair then get murdered by his sister in law and neices?

:O

15+ Year Old Account
    Just read on the news that HBO is gonna film more endings for the S8 finale to make sure it stays a secret, so that will prob mean the actors wont even know how it ends as they plan to show it when it airs.

1) Google Nymeria Sand.
    5) ???????

Nym is clearly wants to kill a lannister child for her vengeance, if she cant kill tommen, Myrcella is the next best thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Nym is clearly wants to kill a lannister child for her vengeance, if she cant kill tommen, Myrcella is the next best thing.
    Doubtful because the Book Sandsnakes aren't as one dimensional as the Shows Sandsnakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Just read on the news that HBO is gonna film more endings for the S8 finale to make sure it stays a secret, so that will prob mean the actors wont even know how it ends as they plan to show it when it airs.
    Imagine they spend 6 million dollars for each ending just for keeping the words out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoChance View Post
    Imagine they spend 6 million dollars for each ending just for keeping the words out.
    Doubt they have the "money" to do it.

Deleted
    Game of Thrones Conquest & Rebellion: An Animated History of the Seven Kingdoms (Clip)

GameofThrones
    Sep 14, 2017

Chapter One / Valyria’s Last Scion: House Targaryen

Told in the animated, storybook style of the History & Lore
    features, Game of Thrones Conquest & Rebellion brings you the
    never-before-seen story of the turbulent events that shaped
    Westeros for thousands of years before the series start.

The 45-minute bonus disc is a limited time DVD & Blu-ray™ exclusive gift when fans purchase Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season. Pre-Order now.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season is available on DVD & Blu-Ray™ on December 12, 2017.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take my money!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Faegon and Dorne are filler tho, Jon Con and the Golden company aren't, you can use Jon Con and the golden company while cutting out the filler, keep Jon Con the same he is in the books, Gay for Jon Snow's real dad, and thus a secret targ supporter, and then have him swap sides later on cersei.

In the books hes probably going to the citadel, with find out about R+L=J with Sam, go find Jon, look into his eyes and see his dead love realizing faegon is a fake, or something like that anyway.
    No. No they are not. Without (f)Aegon many important characters lose their motivation, including Varys, the GC, Illyrio, Arianne, etc. Without Dorne + (f)Aegon, the GC has zero reason to actually break ties with their current contract to cross the narrow sea. Without an alliance with (f)Aegon, Dorne will not actually have spent any of its strength, making it rather insular and capable of fighting the second war for the dawn, whereas I think Martin's vision is a spent continent cobbling together a defense.

Oh I s'pose somehow the Lannisters could borrow even more money from the bank that wouldn't want to, to hire the GC who magically don't have another contract. But then the whole history of the GC has been ruined too.

In the books Connington is likely going to die having just realized he'd been duped into fighting for a pretender unrelated to Rhaegar against Rhaegar's sister. His disease will make him desperate. I'm curious to see if he does something he can't forgive himself for and then offs himself once he learns the truth, or if he learns the truth and kills Aegon in a rage, or learns the truth and is summarily offed by the GC, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

What? i literally rewatched all of those scenes yesterday on HBO NOW, an none were missing.

- - - Updated - - -

If they were going to be important to the end game we would have them in the show, meaning they will probably slide to the background or be killed off.

They brought Euron in season 6, in the books, he showed up and killed Balon when Robb was still alive. They introduced him 3 season late instead of scrapping him entirely, meaning they needed to because he was important to the endgame.

Its too late to throw in Faegon, tho im betting Jon Con will be in considering these are the guys that changed Asha's name and gave Euron two eyes to not confuse people, i highly doubt they would throw in the golden company name and no have them turn out to be secret targ loyalists, as chances are that it where Jon Con is heading in the books.

He is going to go to Old Town like Jorah and will probably find out about jon, go north to Jon, look into Jon's eyes or something and realize Jon is actually Rhaegar's son and Faegon is a fake.
    This is clearly not true in regards to the pacing of the show, as well as some of the stuff they wasted time on. You're trusting them too much, particularly as they themselves have admitted that they realized too late that there were things they wanted to include. Simply put "They cut stuff so it must be filler." is entirely too trusting a statement.

Yes it's too late to throw in (f)Aegon. That's my point. They screwed that pooch back in S4/S5. And yes, they frantically backtracked on Euron, which only proves my point. There was much they didn't realize was important. Incidentally, they messed up his pacing and shrunk his characterization as a result.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if im wrong but the guy i was originally quoting called Dorne a vital story line, i mean the story line might effect other more important ones, but the dorne one it's self will sink to the background /be killed off entirely, i would call it more filler then i would call it vital. Its main purpose is to kill Myrcella then sink away and give dany a army.

Jon Dany Brann Euron ext is what i would call vital plot lines.
    If you're going to be this reductionist, only Jon's story at the wall matters. That's it. Tell the story of a dude who defends the world and just bring in other characters as you need (Dany, etc.) Or maybe just Jon & Dany. The point is to tell a story that spans a continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Wont be much of a life to sacrifice once he starts losing his mind... He needs to be cured to properly serve, if anyone could cure it the Citadell could. Sam curing greyscale is what leads to him finding about Jon its a key part of the story. The north is far more hostile then the lush green south, and Euron is a crafty son of a bitch who is getting ready to perform a dark magic ritual. Most of Mace's line will be wiped out, any that remain will slide into the background.

Ah yes Nymeria sand
    What makes you think he's going to serve? The guy is currently being duped by Varys/Illyrio/GC. What do you think happens when he finds out that his entire post-Westeros life is a lie? A lie that he fought and died for in his greyscale-induced desperation? You think he just "switches sides?" You think they let him? What makes you so certain he even wants to get cured? This guy is using every bit of effort he has to place (f)Aegon on the throne. Do you think he takes a break and just goes to Oldtown? Or maybe once he learns the truth (and wants vengeance) the GC just lets him go?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Wait you mean Doran in the books does more than sit in his wheelchair then get murdered by his sister in law and neices?

:O
    Imagine that, a cut from the show ruined a storyline! Who knew?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Filler or not, they had to cut somewhere. It is only natural that they cut plots and characters that are introduced later in the story. I wouldn't even have put the kingsmoot in the show. Yara would be sitting on the Salt Throne. We have barely seen Euron, and he's more a caricature than an interesting villain.
    While I understand what you're saying, I disagree. It's been their cuts that have borked the story, not what they left in.

I guess thats why the books are taking so long. Ole GRRM wrote himself into a corner.

Just forget about time and travel distance Georgie boy like David and Dan, most of the fans wont care judging by the reactions to the TV show and season 7 being "the best season ever"

Faegon and Dorne are filler tho, Jon Con and the Golden company aren't, you can use Jon Con and the golden company while cutting out the filler, keep Jon Con the same he is in the books, Gay for Jon Snow's real dad, and thus a secret targ supporter, and then have him swap sides later on cersei.

In the books hes probably going to the citadel, with find out about R+L=J with Sam, go find Jon, look into his eyes and see his dead love realizing faegon is a fake, or something like that anyway.
    As far as theories go, that makes a lot of sense and requires little to no tinfoil. I think that does a lot to tie the endings between the books and the show together and helps explain why we are seeing the golden company being shoe-horned in at the end.

----------------------------

As far as some of the Stannis book theories going around in the past couple pages - he's going to get crushed by the Boltans and the rest of the North holed up in Winterfel. The Winterfel in the books is very different than the Winterfel in the shoe. Stannis' army was losing soldiers every day on the march to Winterfel, after eating all the horses and having so many die each day on the march they stopped burying them, cause what else are they going to do. In the books there are huge amounts of snow in the north, versus the light dusting we see in the show. So Stannis has a decimated, starving, and exhausted shell of an army that he started his march with.

----------------------------

Regarding Sansa - while she hasn't made her move yet, GRRM has made it obvious in the books that she's learned a lot politically from the Lannisters and Littlefinger to the point where she's playing the game. She doesn't have any power at the moment, so to say, she has no pieces she can move around the board, but she's been watching the game being played with Littlefinger giving her a play-by-play. Sansa outsmarting Baelish is completely consistent with Sansa's journey in the books.

I really want to know if they are planning something with Howland Reed, as he hasn't been in the show after the flashback and barely mentioned in the books i think.
    In the show they might do something as Meera is on her way back home it looks like at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    I really want to know if they are planning something with Howland Reed, as he hasn't been in the show after the flashback and barely mentioned in the books i think.
    In the show they might do something as Meera is on her way back home it looks like at least.
    I would suspect so. They'll call all the banners for a war council and what not, and Reed will give credence to the parent bomb Bran is about to lay on Jon. That would make a lot more sense to me than Jon believing Bran outright, or at the very least being very skeptical that Bran saw what he saw correctly.

Deleted
    Drogon will be in the Season 1-7 collector's box

Looks nice, but I think I'll wait for the 1-8 box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Drogon will be in the Season 1-7 collector's box...Looks nice, but I think I'll wait for the 1-8 box
    He looks much lighter than in the show? In any case, cool piece. I'm going to wait for the complete box set, as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    He looks much lighter than in the show? In any case, cool piece. I'm going to wait for the complete box set, as well.
    Seems so.

Doubt final box will have anything kewler than Drogon...Unless it'll have NK on Viserion.