Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The point is, novelists come up with sick shit for the purpose of writing a story. It doesn't mean they condone such actions or fantasize about them, only that they felt that it was a part of their story for some reason. The job of the President isn't to write a horror story, or any sort of story with disturbing content in it. The job of the President is to lead the country, and part of that is to inspire the country and behave in a manner that encourages unification, not more division.

Trump tweeting about hitting Hillary Clinton in the back of a head with a golf ball, that does not lead to any sort of political healing.

Trump is not a horror novelist.

If that Trump tweet is the biggest concern you've when it comes to problems regarding the US then I can see why there's so many bigger issues that go unnoticed within America.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    If that Trump tweet is the biggest concern you've when it comes to problems regarding the US then I can see why there's so many bigger issues that go unnoticed within America.
    It's not, and I don't think anyone here is arguing that it is, but it's indicative of most of the problems of this administration thus far.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The point is, novelists come up with sick shit for the purpose of writing a story. It doesn't mean they condone such actions or fantasize about them, only that they felt that it was a part of their story for some reason. The job of the President isn't to write a horror story, or any sort of story with disturbing content in it. The job of the President is to lead the country, and part of that is to inspire the country and behave in a manner that encourages unification, not more division.

Trump tweeting about hitting Hillary Clinton in the back of a head with a golf ball, that does not lead to any sort of political healing.

Trump is not a horror novelist.
    I have a feeling if he were a Trump cheerleader many would be less quick on the draw to defend him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I have a feeling if he were a Trump cheerleader many would be less quick on the draw to defend him.
    And less quick on the draw to attack.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a great gif. Why so salty?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hardly my biggest concern with DJT.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not, and I don't think anyone here is arguing that it is, but it's indicative of most of the problems of this administration thus far.

Like I said, you got outlets like the Media/Social Media who turn something like this into more of an issues than what it is. When you got media outlets/SM making statements that are saying something along the lines that Trump is assaulting Hilary with the golf tweet it is pretty much playing right into Trumps hand. With that said, I was not defending trump making the tweet, but was speaking more to the overreaction to the tweet.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-09-19 at 12:40 AM.

Like I said, you got outlets like the Media/Social Media who turn something like this into more of an issues than what it is. When you got media outlets/SM making statements that are saying something along the lines that Trump is assaulting Hilary with the golf tweet it is pretty much playing right into Trumps hand. With that in mind, I was not defending trump making the tweet, but was speaking more to the overreaction to the tweet.
    Do you have examples of that? I mean, yeah you'll have an op-ed writer go off the deep end, but for the most part their "outrage" is usually contextualized in the grater scope of the administration/Trump's behavior. That things like this, or the "two scoops", or whatever aren't isolated incidents but rather patterns of behavior.

And given that this is now what, the half-dozenth time he's retweeted questionable content that was originally sourced from accounts that regularly traffic in white supremacist/hateful content since the beginning of the year, it's definitely a pattern.

I've been busy at work, but which outlets are comparing his tweet to actual assault?

Do you have examples of that? I mean, yeah you'll have an op-ed writer go off the deep end, but for the most part their "outrage" is usually contextualized in the grater scope of the administration/Trump's behavior. That things like this, or the "two scoops", or whatever aren't isolated incidents but rather patterns of behavior.

And given that this is now what, the half-dozenth time he's retweeted questionable content that was originally sourced from accounts that regularly traffic in white supremacist/hateful content since the beginning of the year, it's definitely a pattern.

I've been busy at work, but which outlets are comparing his tweet to actual assault?

Sure.

'"The President of the United States just retweeted a video vignette that imagines him assaulting his political rival. The man is unfit," tweeted Shaub, who joined the ethics office as a staff attorney early during the George W. Bush administration and was appointed as the office's director by President Barack Obama."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/17/politi...ton/index.html

Sure.

'"The President of the United States just retweeted a video vignette that imagines him assaulting his political rival. The man is unfit," tweeted Shaub, who joined the ethics office as a staff attorney early during the George W. Bush administration and was appointed as the office's director by President Barack Obama."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/17/politi...ton/index.html
    Yes...and? The tweet does "imagine" (note that word, it's important!) assaulting Hillary with a golf ball he hit.

I don't see the claim that he's actually assaulting her in that article at all.

Oh, and the kicker is that CNN isn't even writing that. It's a tweet from Walter Shaub, whose background is included in that quote.

So...what's your issue, again?

Deleted
    God, I can't imagine your outrage if Obama posted a tweet of him golfing and hitting Mitt Romney in the back of the head in 2012. You and your entire camp of Trumpsters would have pitched a fit.

But because it's your boy Trump, it's okay.
    No, I would have laughed at that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I like how everyone is just sitting around on their hands while the leadership of their country is in the absolutely wrong hands, as if there is some legal or peaceful recourse that can be followed to bring the necessary change. Maybe there is, but I'm not that hopeful.

There aren't many different solutions to situations like these, even if it aren't solutions people might like.
    What am I supposed to, pick up a gun and start a revolution?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    What am I supposed to, pick up a gun and start a revolution?
    No fucking shit!!! Where the fuck does that guy get off basically trying to incite a civil war in OUR country!

@ Prince Oberyn Martell - pretty sure you are not even a citizen of the USA. As far as I am concerned, you should keep your fucking nose out our country's business. You don't like Trump? Too fucking bad. A LOT of people - almost 1/2 the country that voted - like him and WANT him to be our President. This is OUR country - not yours.

66 million might have voted for Cankles, but 63 million VOTED FOR TRUMP!

Deleted
    Please explain to me how any average intelligent person can support this man, seeing him as the president of the US really makes me question the future of humanity. Are people really this dumb to support a moron like him? What's he's IQ anyway?

Yes...and? The tweet does "imagine" (note that word, it's important!) assaulting Hillary with a golf ball he hit.

I don't see the claim that he's actually assaulting her in that article at all.

Oh, and the kicker is that CNN isn't even writing that. It's a tweet from Walter Shaub, whose background is included in that quote.

So...what's your issue, again?

I'm assuming that we can both agree that Trump's tweets are not always the most well thought out public statements. However, the whole notion that somehow the President will look "Not-so-presidential" in front of a group like the United Nations doesn't come from a silly, and over-hyped Hilary tweet. What makes Trump look more "Not-so-presidential" are comments like " just retweeted a video vignette that imagines him assaulting his political rival. The man is unfit," and media outlets like CNN overplaying just how much a tweet like the Hilary one would make Trump look "Not-so-presidential".

In fact, more of this overreaction has been seen from some in the media, and social media for when Trump invited a boy to mow the WH lawn, and when Trump was photographed looking into the sun. In conclusion, the problem mainly has come from those who have overplayed, and over hyped something as silly as what was mentioned in my statment.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-09-19 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoseKnows View Post

Stephen King agrees. This dude detailedly wrote about a couple of underage boys taking turns on and creaming in an 11-year-old girl, so if he says the .gif is terrible, it truly is.
    It was six boys. And I like Stephen King, but him getting offended over this kind of stuff is a terrible look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Please explain to me how any average intelligent person can support this man, seeing him as the president of the US really makes me question the future of humanity. Are people really this dumb to support a moron like him? What's he's IQ anyway?
    Because we are a two-party system, and you need your side to occupy the big chair if you want your policies implemented, regardless if he/she is a buffoon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It was six boys. And I like Stephen King, but him getting offended over this kind of stuff is a terrible look.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we are a two-party system, and you need your side to occupy the big chair if you want your policies implemented, regardless if he/she is a buffoon.
    Agree, but there had to be better candidates than this buffoon. I allways prefered being able to have a president over a King " We have a King where i'm from " but that opinion changed after Trump. Atleast a King has no real power. Seeing a dumbass person with so much power really scares me.

I'm assuming that we can both agree that Trump's tweets are not always the most well thought out public statements. However, the whole notion that somehow the President will look "Not-so-presidential" in front of a group like the United Nations doesn't come from a silly, and over-hyped Hilary tweet. What makes Trump look more "Not-so-presidential" are comments like " just retweeted a video vignette that imagines him assaulting his political rival. The man is unfit," and media outlets like CNN overplaying just how much a tweet like the Hilary one would make Trump look "Not-so-presidential".

In fact, more of this overreaction has been seen from some in the media, and social media for when Trump invited a boy to mow the WH lawn, and when Trump was photographed looking into the sun. In conclusion, the problem mainly has come from those who have overplayed, and over hyped something as silly as what was mentioned in my statment.
    So...it's the media's fault for covering the fact that Trump acts like a teenager on Twitter?

And again, those are not CNN's words. They're the words of a former Office of Government Ethics lawyer/director.

So...it's the media's fault for covering the fact that Trump acts like a teenager on Twitter?

And again, those are not CNN's words. They're the words of a former Office of Government Ethics lawyer/director.

It's one thing to cover something, but it's another to make it larger than what it is. With that said, you fail to realize from your bias approach to this topic is that Trump's base will eat this up, and agree that the media is always coming at him. Do you get it now?

It's one thing to cover something, but it's another to make it larger than what it is. With that said, you fail to realize from your bias approach to this topic is that Trump's base will eat this up, and agree that the media is always coming at him. Do you get it now?
    I do? Where have I indicated that?

Because I know they will, they love this middle-school kind of bullshit because many are still psychologically/emotionally children. It doesn't make it any less stupid, beneath the office, and foolish. It doesn't change how it embarasses the US on the eve of Trump's first UN meeting, you know the big boy "adults" club that.

I'm still not "getting" whatever it is you're trying to get at. That a large part of his base is stupid and gullible? Sure. But what relevancy does that have to the damage that Trump is doing to the respect and dignity of the office he holds? To the reputation of the US on the global scene?