View Poll Results: Should Linda Wenzel face execution for joining ISIS?

Voters
307. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 71.01%
  • No

89 28.99%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You. Because what you just described is an egregiously twisted and irrational way to interpret the facts. There are no objectively-determined "consequences for her actions", in the first place, and arguing as if there were is fundamentally wrong and intellectually dishonest.

The entire point is that Germany does not agree that the consequences for her actions should be that. And as she's a German citizen, their viewpoint matters.

No, it's the process of sending someone back to their home country either because they committed a crime there or because they have been tried and sentenced in your own country and their home country wants them to be returned.

You can't exclude the latter and act like you're making a reasonable argument.
    Im curious where you pulled your definition from because everyone I've seen defines it similar to
    "Extradition" refers to the process in which one state or nation gives over an individual to another state or nation for criminal trial and/or punishment.

Deleted
    I highly oppose executions in any shape and form. But given the facts, she clearly knew what she was getting into, she got caught and now has to pay some price.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No. She's a German citizen, it's their job to prosecute and punish her.
    and she's charged for crimes in iraq by iraq, germany has no say in the matter unless iraq allows them to, you are at the mercy of the country whose laws you broke regardless of where you're from, when they extradite them they do it out of diplomacy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Im curious where you pulled your definition from because everyone I've seen defines it similar to
    "Extradition" refers to the process in which one state or nation gives over an individual to another state or nation for criminal trial and/or punishment.
    I've linked multiple extradition treaties. And you've provided absolutely nothing to back your claim.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/extradition

This is exactly what extradition agreements are about. Countries want to ensure that their citizens are punished according to their legal principles, whether or not they're on their native soil or not.

Would you be okay with an American woman being whipped for driving a car in Saudi Arabia? Same freaking difference, folks.
    Not really the same difference. If it were, we wouldn't be having the conversation. Special rules are applied when dealing with terrorism globally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've linked multiple extradition treaties. And you've provided absolutely nothing to back your claim.

Yes, you can link extradition treaty after extradition treaty. Yet, that means nothing since there is no such treaty between the two nations.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Dudes, question.

Do you think that the kids that actually fall for the perps in ''To Catch a Predator'' are the brightest/most balanced/less desperate ones ? Or for that matter the people that are scammed by internet schemes ? The people that prey online are not targeting the people without issues.

While this is not an excuse and especially a legal one, the girl probably did not knew what she was embarking herself into. Presumably, if she gave it some thought, it was on the line oh ''this is all Jew-American propaganda''

Yes

Sends a message to other would be child soldiers/jihadi brides that the consequences of their actions are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you are handwaving away murder... got it.
    Did she murder anyone? Nothing I've read says otherwise.

And even if she did, she was brainwashed and groomed. But yet, here I am, parlaying with Seranthor. Perhaps this is my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Dudes, question.

Do you think that the kids that actually fall for the perps in ''To Catch a Predator'' are the brightest/most balanced/less desperate ones ? Or for that matter the people that are scammed by internet schemes ? The people that prey online are not targeting the people without issues.

While this is not an excuse and especially a legal one, the girl probably did not knew what she was embarking herself into. Presumably, if she gave it some thought, it was on the line oh ''this is all Jew-American propaganda''
    More handwaving? Perhaps you should look at what she did in order to GET there. Why is it now you want to give this woman a free pass for her associations, or are you predisposed to ignore her actions because she's got a vagina? You surely dont seem to mind crucifying men for their associations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Did she murder anyone? Nothing I've read says otherwise.

And even if she did, she was brainwashed and groomed. But yet, here I am, parlaying with Seranthor. Perhaps this is my fault.
    you've only got her word for it... maybe that isn't enough for people like yourself.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Is there the death penalty in Germany ?

Pretty easy question about the ''should''

However, again, here come a completely startling information about the basis of legal system worldwide : the German ''would'' and ''should'' does not matter. It's up to the Iraqis to decide.
    Pretty sure they didn't pick her up in Germany so that's not really relevant is it? You can't go to another country, break their laws, and expect your home countries laws to take precedence can you?

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Yet none fights with Indonesia when they execute prisoners, foreigners, from drug charges.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah, and there's no way for those poor foreigners to avoid those charges either!

From your source.
    Extradition is the removal of a person from a requested state to a requesting state for criminal prosecution or punishment. Put differently, to extradite is to surrender, or obtain surrender of, a fugitive from one jurisdiction to another. see, e.g. United States v. Alvarez-Machain, 504 US 655 (1992), and In the matter of Morris Strauss, 197 US 324 (1905).

Extradition procedures are normally determined by reciprocal agreements between countries or by multilaterial agreements between a group of countries. The European Union, for example, shares a system of extradition laws. In most jurisdictions, extradition will be granted only if the alleged crime is also against the law in the requested country. Most countries also have a "political-offense exception," meaning that purely political crimes--such as vote tampering, or defaming a politicians--will not be extraditable. Some countries also have a double-jeopardy exception, refusing to grant extradition when the individual has already been tried for the crime at issue

You're seriously going to get snippy when the source you linked doesnt claim to say what you're claiming it does? That says exactly what i said extradition was. Transfering someone to another country for prosecution of crimes (or punishment if already convicted) to the place where the violation occurs. That isnt the same as transfering a citizen back to their home country for purposes of avoiding punishment.

Or to dumb it down for you. She committed the crimes in Iraq. Was arrested in Iraq. Is being prosecuted in Iraq and will be sentenced in Iraq. Therefore she doesnt need to be removed from Germany for purposes of prosecution or punishment in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not without trial, and for a trial she would have to be present and even then it would be illegal unless she had another nationality.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_in_absentia

there are precedents for trial in absentia although extreme and rejection of citizenship because of treason would be reasonable within the context.

The European Union Democracy Observatory, in a study of the nationality laws of thirty-three European countries, found nine broadly-defined cases in which a citizen of a country may lose his or her citizenship:[3]

Voluntary acquisition of another citizenship
    Residing abroad on a permanent basis
    Fraud in the naturalisation process, including sham marriages, or failure to give up the other citizenship in countries which require that as a condition of naturalisation
    Serving in a foreign military or foreign government
    Upon adoption by a foreign citizen, or other change in the child's legal relation to the parents such as annulment of maternity/paternity
    For a minor, upon the loss of citizenship by the parents
    Failure to fulfill conditions, for example in Japan, where Japanese children born with an additional citizenship lose Japanese citizenship if they fail to give up the other citizenship before the age of 22
    Voluntary renunciation

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    you've only got her word for it... maybe that isn't enough for people like yourself.
    Ah, I see new information that says she admitted she had killed soldiers during the fight they found her after.

At any rate, she was a brainwashed child who was preyed upon by an adult. What we should be doing is giving her asylum and learning what and how her groomer managed to 'corrupt' her, so that we can in turn use this to try and help educate and protect future children from the same things.

But why do that when we can fucking EXECUTE 420 SEXICUTE HER LOLZZZZZZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Ah, I see new information that says she admitted she had killed soldiers during the fight they found her after.

At any rate, she was a brainwashed child who was preyed upon by an adult. What we should be doing is giving her asylum and learning what and how her groomer managed to 'corrupt' her, so that we can in turn use this to try and help educate and protect future children from the same things.

But why do that when we can fucking EXECUTE 420 SEXICUTE HER LOLZZZZZZ
    if you are going to spew gibberish then there is no reason to attempt to engage in meaningful discussion with you. My position is and has remained constant... She allegedly committed crimes in Iraq, let their court system sort it out. Isn't that what civilized folks do? They let the courts sort out allegations of crime. Yes?

No wonder you're on her side.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Ah, okay, it's antisemite to say that the lies the alt-right peddle to their pawns are peddled in a different way to ISIS sympathizers

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay, it's antisemite to say that the lies the alt-right peddle to their pawns are peddled in a different way to ISIS sympathizers
    So you are going with the 'she's too stupid to live' defense, is that it? Or are you opting for the riskier 'the alt-right brainwashed her to go to Iraq and fight for the people they hate' defense?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-09-19 at 03:49 AM.

Considering the Alt-Right, the Nazis (neo or otherwise), and the KKK's racist hatred includes hatred towards Jews...yeah, seems a bit antisemitic to lump Jews in with them.