Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow that looks incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not even on the same planet, let alone in the ballpark. Asking them to stop making CoD games is as non nonsensical as asking them to stop making WoW xpacs. While both have experienced decline they are still massive money makers in a LEGAL business.

When you have to reach that hard you failed the debate before it even began.
    You can call it reaching. I call it presenting a hypothetical hypothesis to question the thought process behind the curtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your saying CoD will get loads of GOTY awards in the same year as games like Horizon, and a new console Zelda scoring 10s everywhere?

I'm not seeing how.

Looks nice. However, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is my game of the year so far

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You can call it reaching.
    And so does every other sane person.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Your saying CoD will get loads of GOTY awards in the same year as games like Horizon, and a new console Zelda scoring 10s everywhere?

I'm not seeing how.
    I can. It's playing off the strength of the franchise roots and that alone will earn them enough praise from nostalgia of "the good old days". One billion dollars in sales, band wagon effect, game of the year. Shit, they might even genuinely make it work like they did 14 years ago and that's coming from someone who hasn't bought a CoD game since MW.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Reason #3257892357892 we need a new war: To inspire original FPS's again...

Pff, not really...

10+ Year Old Account
    GOTY? From a CoD game? LOL.

No.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    not a COD fan but wwII games are way better than the modern warfare bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not even close
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a pre-rendered trailer is somehow gonna make this game GOTY? you what mate? It's CoD, CoD died after MW1 when they added to many killstreaks to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I can. It's playing off the strength of the franchise roots and that alone will earn them enough praise from nostalgia of "the good old days". One billion dollars in sales, band wagon effect, game of the year. Shit, they might even genuinely make it work like they did 14 years ago and that's coming from someone who hasn't bought a CoD game since MW.
    This CoD game has killstreaks.... CoD 1 and 2 had no killstreaks and that's what made those games better, so no this CoD game will be nothing like the old ones from 14 years ago.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The trailer to end all trailers. Get hyped, this has GOTY 2017 written all over it.

Thats going to have a hard time beating Destiny 2 sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Thats going to have a hard time beating Destiny 2 sport.
    Considering the reviews I don't see Destiny 2 taking it. There's nothing major about Destiny 2 to warrant it and the hype from the PS4/XB1 launch has died down a lot.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-19 at 02:48 AM.

Not hating on CoD but any shooter game limited by historical accuracy is a big yawn from me. Medal of Honor, battlefield.. just yawn yawn.

The weapons of that era just weren't cool. If I play any shooter I prefer fantasy/sci-fi or sleek post-modern. And the World War 2 story is done a thousand damn times across movies, games, books, television.. there's literally no angle or PoV not yet done

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Not hating on CoD but any shooter game limited by historical accuracy is a big yawn from me. Medal of Honor, battlefield.. just yawn yawn.

The weapons of that era just weren't cool. If I play any shooter I prefer fantasy/sci-fi or sleek post-modern. And the World War 2 story is done a thousand damn times across movies, games, books, television.. there's literally no angle or PoV not yet done
    Charles H. Duell was the Commissioner of US patent office in 1899. Mr. Deull's most famous attributed utterance is that "everything that can be invented has been invented."

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    This CoD game has killstreaks.... CoD 1 and 2 had no killstreaks and that's what made those games better, so no this CoD game will be nothing like the old ones from 14 years ago.
    Killstreaks or not the WW2 theme is going to carry this game because of nostalgia and modern/future fatigue within this franchise. Come release date there won't be a single review outlet that won't be comparing this to the first two while explaining how much of a refreshing break it is from the tired direction of the past several years which'll be the hook that reels in sales because then they're validating those who knew CoD turned to shit so maybe the reviewers aren't complete shills this time. Maybe.

...and then shortly after we'll all remember why we left WW2 shooters behind...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    The trailer to end all trailers. Get hyped, this has GOTY 2017 written all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9ITIaKzG3A
    Nothing but cinematic, absolutely zero gameplay featured = "it has 'game of the year' written all over it."

In my opinion, that's, at best, asinine. It's like looking at the picture on the front cover of a book and say "this has 'book of the year' written all over it." It's such a meaningless assessment, with absolutely zero value.

NEWSFLASH: Having detailed cinematic movies is not the biggest defining factor for being selected as 'game of the year'. Hell, I'd argue it's even one of the lowest item in the list of requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Charles H. Duell was the Commissioner of US patent office in 1899. Mr. Deull's most famous attributed utterance is that "everything that can be invented has been invented."
    If this game doesn't have a Normandy Beach stage I'll eat a brick.