People talking about what we'll become in the next Expac.

Meanwhile, i'm here going: Why not make us the NEW Pantheon, since the last Pantheon aren't really....doing "much"....anymore?

Why not craft our own, more powerful weapons, and become stronger than the Old Pantheon (Even Sargeras Himself)? Why not have the last boss of the Next Expac be Corrupted Azeroth herself?

If the next Expac is about the Black Empire, and shit. And, if these "hints" of Azeroth are true, then I shall expect this:

8.0 Final Boss= Azshara.

8.2 Final Boss= N'zoth.

And 8.3 Final Boss= Corrupted Azeroth.

The next Expac can be about the Void Lords, and shit. Idc. Let's hope that we become so strong, as to where we're BEYOND the Gods by the Last Expac. Infact, why not become so strong, as to be capable of destroying the entire Multiverse with 1 punch? Eh?

Hey, it's WoW. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, AM I RIGHT? -_-

- - - Updated - - -

We're getting to Powerful. And I don't see a Power nerf coming at ALL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Surprised this wasn't mentioned in here:

He's not confirming or denying anything, but it's funny how picks out Tel'Abim, when there's other islands that might not make much sense.
    Oh god, just Imagine: A Banana City. OH GOD, I WOULD PAY MY MONEY! Well...I would...had I not been killed at the Seat Of The Pantheon....

*Cries in Torment*

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Not Jade Forest which STILL has a giant Sha Anus at the exact prettiest spot in the zone?
    Not Any of the WoD Zones for trashed potential?
    Not even Vanilla Zones like old AB? Old Blasted Lands?
    WoD's zones were generally inoffensive. Wasted potential? Sure, but not completely wasted, because they tended to be beautiful, and WoD's leveling and so on was well-done. None of it's zones were like "OH GOD NOT THIS BLOODY PLACE!". They were like "Ahhh, pretty, soothing and slightly boring...".

The horrible things they did to vanilla zones in Cata were... bad... but none of them were Uldum bad and I still have my memories of what they were before. Plus they were even easier to avoid.

WoD may be the biggest fail of an expansion in some ways, but it was like some meeting some friend from college who had turned into a wealthy, well-spoken, New Age quasi-Hippie-but-still-greedy bore who only wanted to talk about himself and his dumb New Age ideas. Cataclysm was like going back to the really cool town you grew up in, only every cool, interesting store had shut down or been replaced by some kind of idiotic "big brand" store, and when you met your friends who hadn't left, they had all somehow turned into low-brow, obnoxious, extremely loud and pushy idiots who though Adam Sandler was god's gift to humanity.

Either way you're going to be sad but I feel like Cataclysm made me a lot more sad.

Still that's not the discussion - the future of WoW is, and so long as it's like neither of those expansions, great!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Surprised this wasn't mentioned in here:

He's not confirming or denying anything, but it's funny how picks out Tel'Abim, when there's other islands that might not make much sense.
    well well, the leaks i read never had anything about evil titans and the planet explode

and the lost empires are supposed to be what? kul'tiras and zandalar?
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-09-19 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    well well, the leaks i read never had anything about evil titans and the planet explode

Honestly all the leaks have been really samey imo. We had the riddle one which stood out, idr when they happened, but the rest are all just Kul'tiras and the Void here you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

He is not referring to the leaks, he is referring to the speculations WE come up with in this thread in particular and how crazy plots we can come up with as a community.
    And ofc, Tel'abim.

I want Tel'abim to be controlled by the Venture Co. They've enslaved the native banana ancients and have been selling us their children.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    I want Tel'abim to be controlled by the Venture Co. They've enslaved the native banana ancients and have been selling us their children.
    Holy shit. Screencapping and sending it to him on Twitter. I would play the SHIT out of this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ;47353777
    He is not referring to the leaks, he is referring to the speculations WE come up with in this thread in particular and how crazy plots we can come up with as a community.
    And ofc, Tel'abim.
    i doubt some blizzard dev could read this threat, they are so closed in their our world of perfection who don't read the player opinions

i doubt some blizzard dev could read this threat, they are so closed in their our world of perfection who don't read the player opinions
    You would be surprised at what they read.... They actually do read a lot.
    They even have mmo champ users

Madness will consume you!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    You would be surprised at what they read.... They actually do read a lot.
    They even have mmo champ users
    so they read and ignore everything on purpose? and im talking bout the oficial foruns as well

Not Jade Forest which STILL has a giant Sha Anus at the exact prettiest spot in the zone?
    Not Any of the WoD Zones for trashed potential?
    Not even Vanilla Zones like old AB? Old Blasted Lands?
    While WoD as a whole sucked, the zone design to me was bar none and the questing wasn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

so they read and ignore everything on purpose? and im talking bout the oficial foruns as well
    They can't just reply to everyone. sadly.

But they do read, official forums, mmo champ, Reddit, Wowhead and even in streams.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    They can't just reply to everyone. sadly.

But they do read, official forums, mmo champ, Reddit, Wowhead and even in streams.
    Nah. They respond to ez bait with "HURR THIS IS FALSE" then ignore the actual difficult stuff to answer because SURPRISE 99.9% of the time the players are actually correct and the devs/CMs are dumb.

Nah. They respond to ez bait with "HURR THIS IS FALSE" then ignore the actual difficult stuff to answer because SURPRISE 99.9% of the time the players are actually correct and the devs/CMs are dumb.
    Not replying != ignoring, though. I feel like many things they read are still taken as feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not replying != ignoring, though. I feel like many things they read are still taken as feedback.
    Honestly, (I feel like I was having a great few weeks of little to no pessimism and am about to ruin it) I feel like they don't take it. I feel like they see metrics proving the players right and correct course far too late. I have shared my personal experience with a certain Holinka many years ago now about Earthquake as a spell and ever since then I really truly believe what I say. They are very picky about what they respond to and generally a response is meant to validate a belief rather than try and see it from another perspective or even correct mistakes. To see this all you gotta do is check the front top left of MMOC, its always closing threads because of a curse word or arguing that the OP is wrong. Very rarely, outside of Alpha/Beta, do I ever see Developers actually trying to communicate. Its been a real issue since GC left, and bless him, as much as people hated him, he really did try his damn hardest. Now we have people like Celestalon who, until recently, didn't even play WoW with a fucking keyboard and mouse setup.

From practice: devs do read a lot of things regarding their products, but mostly don't respond. If they respond, they do this on anonymous accounts and only sporadically, not vehemently.

They mostly don't respond because:

(a) the discussed things / complaints aren't in their area, they don't think they have the right to answer there (example: if you aren't working on PVP, you aren't commenting on it, even if you think some of the things are dumb, you don't have all the info and you realize that things might be dumb for a reason);

(b) when the discussion is in their area, it frequently approaches things from such a strange angle that half of the relevant factors are missing and putting out a full picture will take significant time;

(c) when the discussion is exactly from the right angle and the complaints are correct, it is better to just go and fix the issue - why even waste time agreeing, just go and fix things;

(d) finally, when (c) is not possible because the dev sees the same issues as the players but can't fix them (generally because of imposed priorities), he ignores the topic - he knows things are crap already, doesn't want to feel even more upset.

(c) sometimes happens. But mostly it's (a), (b) and (d).

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, (I feel like I was having a great few weeks of little to no pessimism and am about to ruin it) I feel like they don't take it.
    I agree completely regarding WoW. I think it is mostly (d) from the list above for them. Different for other Blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Uldum definitely could of been different. Too much culture references(I enjoyed the zone but it could of done without the massive references).
    The Egyptian influences in the zone itself look great. It's just a shame that instead of a good storyline we got zone-long Indiana Jones parody.

Short bursts of Harrison Jones were funny, but whole zone of him fighting Nazi Goblins? Too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Egyptian influences in the zone itself look great. It's just a shame that instead of a good storyline we got zone-long Indiana Jones parody.

Short bursts of Harrison Jones were funny, but whole zone of him fighting Nazi Goblins? Too much.
    I liked Uldum until the second half where I couldn't do two steps without running into a new cutscene. Uldum is a signature zone for how to totally overdo cutscenes and make players despise them instead of liking.

(The lore I didn't care about much, but the gameplay was fine. Except for the cutscenes.)

So I've been thinking, people were talking about a 'break' from world endangering tasks and wanted something. What if we get a different 'threat' apart from anything discussed. Kind of like Pandaria did for us. I can imagine we would visit Dragon Island as one way or another the black dragonflight is causing havoc under the leadership of Wrathion, who in some way still was corrupted or just plain evil in the end. This could also happen around Kul'Tiras, but I don't see that working here. The Black Dragonflight is trying to kill of 'lesser dragonflights' as they see themselves superior (Queue in the Chromie scenario). It is up to us to join and strengthen the other dragonflights to fight the black dragonflight (and maybe some close greater lore ally, I dunno, Naga, Ethereals, whatever would fit lorewise, since I'm not lore savvy). It could tie in that the Black Dragonflight had been (or was recently just before the start of the expansion) corrupted by the Void, granting them renewed strength. This would tie in the void as a continued theme for the next expansions.

I'm not saying I see this happening, I was just trying to think of different ideas. Kul'Tiras seems likely, I'm just trying to find different ideas

Quote Originally Posted by nightyniteEU View Post
    So I've been thinking, people were talking about a 'break' from world endangering tasks and wanted something. What if we get a different 'threat' apart from anything discussed. Kind of like Pandaria did for us. I can imagine we would visit Dragon Island as one way or another the black dragonflight is causing havoc under the leadership of Wrathion, who in some way still was corrupted or just plain evil in the end. This could also happen around Kul'Tiras, but I don't see that working here. The Black Dragonflight is trying to kill of 'lesser dragonflights' as they see themselves superior (Queue in the Chromie scenario). It is up to us to join and strengthen the other dragonflights to fight the black dragonflight (and maybe some close greater lore ally, I dunno, Naga, Ethereals, whatever would fit lorewise, since I'm not lore savvy). It could tie in that the Black Dragonflight had been (or was recently just before the start of the expansion) corrupted by the Void, granting them renewed strength. This would tie in the void as a continued theme for the next expansions.

I'm not saying I see this happening, I was just trying to think of different ideas. Kul'Tiras seems likely, I'm just trying to find different ideas
    There is hardly any Black Dragons.

There is Wrathion, Sabellian and Ebonhorn. None of them are allies to each other.