Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm assuming Alexander is the climax of Act 1 (not a huge spoiler since I got that impression right from the get go).
    Yeah, you have to deal with him when you are done with the main quest on Fort Joy. This content was available in early access, and you do meet him as a boss figure very early in the game. So not a big spoiler. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Oh, also, it seems like there are a lot of body parts laying around and I'm getting the feeling I am missing out by not having Sebille around to eat it all. If Fane uses the Faceripper to become an Elf, he gets the ability to eat the Flesh and learn the secrets right? I believe I remember seeing the answer is yes, but I can't remember.
    Elves can consume humanoid body parts to learn last thoughts and even deeper memories of the owner, sometimes learning a quest clue, lore bits and even Skills. Sometimes it's not an actual body part but a piece of meat, just right click it and see if it says "Eat" (for an elf), instead of consume. Just don't eat the rotten ones.
    The very first body part can be found on the ship in the prologue - the murdered guy.

Also Pet Pal perk is a must for the full experience, imho. Animals can provide clues for your quests and some quests are only available from animals.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Sorry, I didn't think about potential spoilers when I mentioned Alexander. I was nearly 7 when i got to the fight, and the transition into a2 got me to level 8, but I have no idea what I could've missed on the island other than some pet quests, and one side passage (I got into fort joy's lower level through teleport magic, which I think made me skip a large chunk of potential exp from massacring the guards).

Oh well, probably will restart anyway to get more money from pickpocketing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Sorry, I didn't think about potential spoilers when I mentioned Alexander. I was nearly 7 when i got to the fight, and the transition into a2 got me to level 8, but I have no idea what I could've missed on the island other than some pet quests, and one side passage (I got into fort joy's lower level through teleport magic, which I think made me skip a large chunk of potential exp from massacring the guards).

Oh well, probably will restart anyway to get more money from pickpocketing
    Well, let's check:

1. Hidden area with frogs in elf cave - you should definitely do the Locked Elf quest - provides fortress entrance via a hatch next to Yarrow's Dad (there's a quest for Pet Pal inside)
    2. Hidden area behind a hidden hatch in elf cave with a quest in the Fortress - provides fortress entrance via hatch next to the portal shrine at fort joy square
    3. Braccus Rex Vault and Set of Armor collection
    4. The Maze that leads to Braccus Rex Lab (I guess it's a lab) tied to p.3
    5. Dragon Knight Quest, dealing with the Witch Radeka
    6. The Braccus Rex Armory (under the area where you find Gareth for the first time)
    7. Magister Yarrow quest (can be easily missed in several ways) - provides fortress entrance on upper level
    8. Dog's quest (the dog by the elf cave)
    9. Black Cat
    10. Skulls on Sticks
    11. Burning Pigs
    12. Sea Turtles
    13. Top of a hill exploration (accessible with teleportation)
    14. Wendigo
    15. Arena
    16. Removing collars before getting out of the fort.
    17. Dealing with the masked lady in the Seekers camp, tied to p.3
    18. Clear Fortress dungeon - way out 1 (sewers)
    19. Clear Fortress grounds - save the paladin - way out 2 (bridge)
    20. Clear Fortress upper levels - way out 3 (jump)
    21. Do all the entrances for more XP.

I might have missed something, because I thought it's impossible to miss.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why are games of this quality so rare!

I'm mopping up all the Act 2 side quests now and I could keep playing this game for years, I don't want it to end!

Definitely game of the year for me. Nothing else is coming out that could even compete in my eyes.

Deleted
    Lone wolf talent with 2 rogues is the most broken thing I´ve seen in this game.

None of these trailers make me want to play this game.. guess I'm old

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    try lone wolf with 2 summoners 10% damage health magic and normal armor per point and you can summon them buff them and send them in without ever being pulled into combat your self.

What makes this more than just a Diablo clone?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    its nothing like diablo at all? are you blind?

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Getting summoning to 10 is a big power buff and fine if you want to branch out more, I've got mine at 20 currently and my summon almost hits as hard as my friend who had gone pure warrior with lone wolf and dumped every thing into two handed and warfar. There doesn't seem to be a drop off in the power you get from Putting points into summoning after lvl 10 you get 5% damage every point even past 20 it seems.
    Im running a 4 summoner party in tactician. It's so broken I mop the floor with every single npc. Blood rain + 4 blood incarnates + 12 blood totems + infusions = ROFL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Im running a 4 summoner party in tactician. It's so broken I mop the floor with every single npc. Blood rain + 4 blood incarnates + 12 blood totems + infusions = ROFL.
    after they gutted summoning in one i am so happy that its so good this time around.

come again?

10+ Year Old Account
    U wot m8?

These are like two completely different game types. This one is not action RPG, combat is turn based with a party of up to 4 characters under your control with no concept of class and RPG elements with multiple choices and and routes are present. These are nothing alike.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far a great game, nearing the end of act I. It improved a lot on the first game; overall the pacing and level design feels a lot better now.

Are you suggesting Baldur's Gate is a Diablo clone too?

My summoning is lv17 now. My incarnates have become raid bosses LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    If by broken you mean OP, I agree.
    The fact that the only thing that is similar is isometric view

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    This fact that it's nothing like Diablo?

Have you ever played old turn-based RPG's?

Well, Red Prince just got laid.

And i accidentally killed the Baron because i got greedy with pick pocket, hopefully not that important.

Bone Spider seems decent, good alternative if you don't want to fully commit to 10 summoning. Instead i'll think i'll go for an Avatar build with bone spider summon on a lone wolf.

Something like 10 Pyro / 5 Aero / 10 Geo / 5 Hydro / 2 Huntsman / 2 Necro / 1 Warfare /1 Scoundrel. - Warfare / Scoundrel can be got from a ring or an item.

For Pyro - Laser Ray / Fire Whip / Explosive trap / Flaming Tongues / Spontaneous Combustion

For Geo - Impalement / Earthquake / Poison Wave / Living Wall / Fortify

For Aero - Dazing Bolt / Superconductor / Uncanny Evasion / Nether Swap / Erratic Wisp - Found to be very useful when cast on yourself when enemy has Backlash ect.

For Hydro - Global Cooling / Armour of Frost / Cryotherapy / Ice Fan / Winter Blast / Rain / Cryogenic Stasis / Restoration / Cleanse Wounds

For Huntsman - Tactical Retreat / First Aid. - Also needed for Explosive trap.

For Necro - Raise Bone Widow / Silencing Stare

For Scoundrel - Adrenaline

Warfare is just needed for skill book combining.

Combine 1 Aero and 1 Marksman book for Erratic Wisp, 1 Warfare and 1 Hydro book for Cleanse Wounds, 1 Pyro and 1 Marksman for Explosive trap, 1 Hydro and 1 Marksman for Cryotherapy.

Combo spells
    - Impalement / Explosive trap / Laser Ray / Spontaneous Combustion. For a Turn.
    - Earthquake /Living wall / Laser Ray.
    - Poison Wave / Flaming Tongues - When and if you're surrounded.
    - Rain / Superconductor or Dazing Bolt

Talent wise - Lonewolf / Hothead / Savage Sortilege /Executioner / Torturer / Demon / All Skilled up / Living Armour

You gain a talent at level 1, 3, 9, 14, 18, 23, 28, 33. - According to Wiki.

All the skills listed are pretty much 1 memory so you shouldn't need to invest too much in memory, around 20 should be enough.

Go for Int and Wits, Health - Till comfortable, 15 should be enough. 1 or two points in Str so you can wear one or 2 pieces of heavy armour and along with fortify to boost your physical armour so you can keep up Hothead. Out of the Races, Human / Lizard / Elf.

Dual wield wands and then good to go.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-09-19 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, this game is amazing.

So many RPG aspects missing in today's games, this game has them and still makes it feel like a 2017 game (hopefully you get what I'm saying, I'm choked with the cold).
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-09-19 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Holy shit, this game is amazing.

So many RPG aspects missing in today's games, this game has them and still makes it feel like a 2017 game (hopefully you get what I'm saying, I'm choked with the cold).
    Exactly! This game has been a joy to play after getting back home from work.