Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Edit: but to be fair it would most likely be a large technical problem to solve. As far as I'm aware their spectators are just invisible characters floating around and the camera is the first-person camera from that players point of view. The information available to those clients is not sufficient to create a spectator mode from a normal GM entity. They would have to build new technology from the ground up that would allow insight into various states of the game. They've probably considered implementing a more robust spectator mode, but, frankly they'd be better off spending the developer time and money on things that improve the game in general for all players, not just those watching the Invitational.
    There's already a UI in place for showing cooldowns in PvP tournaments, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Terrible UI hugely lowering the quality of the viewing experience. Talents, major CDs, gear choices etc are essential in order to understand what's going on, why and how certain things are happening, what are the pulling strats and why. Right now we only see 5 ppl running around killing shit and sometimes they die for reasons unknown. Seriously it's depressing to see Blizzard fuck up because of laziness something that if done correctly could attract alot of interest and marketability.
    Talents and gear choices added to the stream would be needless clutter, and gear atleast would be a waste, as they have like 5+ different gear sets they're moving between. Legendaries sure, that's more important, but it would be clutter.
    Major cds for sure, that'd be great to see, but I can't see a way they could show gear/talents without it being mindless clutter. Maybe before the game show each players talents, but gearset can't be shown then, it changes heaps during the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Talents and gear choices added to the stream would be needless clutter, and gear atleast would be a waste, as they have like 5+ different gear sets they're moving between. Legendaries sure, that's more important, but it would be clutter.
    Major cds for sure, that'd be great to see, but I can't see a way they could show gear/talents without it being mindless clutter. Maybe before the game show each players talents, but gearset can't be shown then, it changes heaps during the run.
    Talents should be shown right when each dungeon starts and gear info should be available to the casters who they should definitely comment on it. If it was available and they never said anything about it [insert random caster bashing from previous posts].

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the UI was good, not great. I would like to see 3 streams: the one they had and then one each for the two teams. Leave the main stream as is. Put all the detailed info--talents, gear, abilities--on the individual team streams. When a team went a different route, tried something non-standard, or wiped, I wanted to see that up close. The announcers noted what they could--and I thought they did a solid job, no gripes there--but their attention was split. I wanted more detail at times when they were busy on the other team. Having individual streams would allow for that detail while not detracting from the main show.

The most important gear information during the run are the trinket and legendary slots. It shouldn't be that hard to implement 4 little icons per player which are showing the trinkets/legs they've currently equiped.

But space could really be a problem with all these icon on screen. Most of the time we have the split screen. If they would add additional icons/panels for cooldowns, gear slot and whatever, the whole screen would be overloaded.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-09-18 at 03:24 PM.

Just to see the current equiped legendaries / trinkets would be very helpful already. Shouldn't be that hard to implement 4 icons per player which are showing these.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    I thought the UI was good, not great.
    How was it good exactly, it only showed a flusteruck of health bars and a dps meter. I mean at some points you couldn't even see the health of the boss (like in Maiden in Lower Kara).
    No debuffs, no buffs, no info on how the teams spread their cds, hell you didn't even have a constant visual of what affixes the dungeon had (like on the right side of the screen, where the timers were).
    Team wiped? Oh well we don't know how and why but look his health bar went black enjoy the analysis!

As I said, if done properly it can be very entertaining, alot more than the WoW PvP tournies. Done like that, it's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Just to see the current equiped legendaries / trinkets would be very helpful already. Shouldn't be that hard to implement 4 icons per player which are showing these.
    Except those 4 icons + 2-4 icons for major cds (which would be more important) then x10 people, becomes up to 40 random icons on your screen. Hard to do it without the clutter, 2 would work, possibly the 2 legendaries showing on the characters health bar/icon or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    Talents should be shown right when each dungeon starts and gear info should be available to the casters who they should definitely comment on it. If it was available and they never said anything about it [insert random caster bashing from previous posts].
    Yeah, talents at the start is fine, would be an awesome addition. And sure, casters chatting about it would be good, rather than showing it, (Or maybe having a website with the actual brackets, and then the ability to look into each person from each team, to see gear sets they're running) Definitely comments like, which tier sets they're using, trinkets, legendaries, would all be great additions.

Strictly UI wise though, yeah affixes and level need to be always showing, 2 small icons on each persons name/icon showing the legendaries they have on would be nice, showing the top 2 on healing meters, showing major cds (Brez, Lust, maybe some big defensives like block and turtle, if they have room maybe a mega dps cd)

I get there's only so much space, but at the very least, we should see top 2 healing meters, and brez+lust+Major defensive CDs.

I dont see the use of a healing meter. Its just 1 giant bar and 1-2 smaller ones.

If you want to show healing I would go with something like HPS over the last 10 seconds so you can see when intense healing is being done.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I dont see the use of a healing meter. Its just 1 giant bar and 1-2 smaller ones.

If you want to show healing I would go with something like HPS over the last 10 seconds so you can see when intense healing is being done.
    Healing meter shows the current fight, so if it's a high intensity fight you can see some crazy numbers, but the reason you have 2 lines, is because tank healing is crazy atm, especially with vampiric blood on a DK (which most teams are running)

So no, it won't be 1 giant bar and 1-2 smaller ones, it will be 2 contending bars, which will be very interesting to watch on mega pulls, when vamp blood is popped.

For stuff like that i'd rather see they would do live logging or something and have a separate "Tourney Armory" where they will snapshot talents and stuff before each run. No clutter on the stream interface, its already not that good, adding more would be even worse..

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    There's already a UI in place for showing cooldowns in PvP tournaments, so there's that.
    Im not a programmer but tournaments in other games use overlays a lot to provide viewers additional info as well.

Would love to see the healing meters as well, some people care about more than dps lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to believe that anyone could consider the current spectator UI "cluttered" and also play world of warcraft themselves. When I look at the spectator ui it feels like there's a severe lack of information and the amount of actual UI elements seem closer to alt-z than normal gameplay's amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeheal View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone could consider the current spectator UI "cluttered" and also play world of warcraft themselves. When I look at the spectator ui it feels like there's a severe lack of information and the amount of actual UI elements seem closer to alt-z than normal gameplay's amount.
    The issue i have is not that its cluttered now, but thats in general a pretty bad interface already with the splitscreen. Putting even more elements on there will make it even harder to follow. Due to that i'd rather see a "2nd screen" option coming for all the detailed info like possible live logs, gear usage, talents usage and stuff like than to cram as much info on the main screen.

Meowchan is crying in the EU MDI discord trying to get warlock banned from CoEN because of Honestly's strat.

https://i.imgur.com/Ny1q3Mg.png

Apparently EU's greatest can't learn to play affliction and pet micromanagement 2 weeks before globals. What a joke. The reason the bubble damage doesn't scale up is because the mobs would all take over 1 mill DPS EACH while standing in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Meowchan is crying in the EU MDI discord trying to get warlock banned from CoEN because of Honestly's strat.

Apparently EU's greatest can't learn to play affliction and pet micromanagement 2 weeks before globals. What a joke. The reason the bubble damage doesn't scale up is because the mobs would all take over 1 mill DPS EACH while standing in it.
    They are free to swap classes in and out per map right? I don't really see this as a issue then. Just pickup a warlock and do the same trick if it is that much better.

Yep, completely free to play any spec/class/race/faction between every single dungeon - its just a healer one trick scared that his fotm team might not be fotm for 1 dungeon. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Yeah but we can't enjoy half of it without muting the stream because Rich is there retarding it up and lowering the IQ of everyone in the audience.
    "We". No mate, just you. You don't speak for anyone but you. Some may agree with you but there's definitely no "we". I watched it just fine with rich commentating.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post

You could make the bubble damage scale, but not as much as the mob's health?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    They poped their cds and rekt the boss. On a serious note,I think its called a desync, where instead of dcing and reloading back you catch up to the current moment instantly.

I watched the event and thought it was OK, but there could be a lot of improvement. I would love if there was a healing meter as well, to show the healing needs(to see how much a healer could contribute more to dmg instead) and a CR cooldown timer (really important to see this). I think its fair to say Treckie was unprepared, but given how this is the first day of the M+ invitation, there can be a bit of leniency shown towards preparation for sure.
    I think that we can expect to see both healing meters and possibly CD monitoring much like we see in Arena tournament UIs.