Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nope, Played my Necro to 80 and never payed the least bit of attention to the story. I got a few other characters at lower levels and just pretty much log once a year to get my free 10 levels on my alts. Then log off for another year, The game is not good without focus on Dungeons, I liked them but having to wait until 30 to do them is lame and feels like they hate Mesmer, which I love to play Melee and just don't really care for the story, it never made me care about it.

Lore is very good and rich, but the story for the Guild Wars franchise is not told that well though. It's not a GW2 issue only, GW1 suffered the same, specially with the Factions Campaign, which felt really fast and way focused on exposition and plot forwarding. I found the Season 3 history telling way better when compared to some of the story narratives. Still, I think overall the GW1:Nightfall storytelling so far is one of the best presented and felt really epic. But hey, that can always be improved and it looks like it's going in a good direction. PoF feels very well polished.

Deleted
    Yes. I loved the original game.

GW2 has great locations but i can't say it hits the same levels as the original. Dragons came out of the hat and aren't very interesting. Vizier, Shiro... they were villains with character. The dragons are just dumb brutes. They aren't very interesting and that cheaps the story.

The party characters also leave something to be desired. They are a bit more cartoon like than the characters in guild wars 1 wich were more realistic and the game itself portraid a harsher world than GW2 does, even though in theory it should be worse.

So... yes, i love the lore but i'm not the greatest fan of how it has evolved. On the other hand, theres some thing added that managed to hit a good note, like the forgotten city. Though glint's legacy can be as appauling and also out of the hat as her disappearence/death outside of the game.
    Also don't like that Balthazar is going rogue. He was truly revered in GW1 with countless Fissure of Woe tributes in his name.

No, it feels like a huge mess. Norn are literally the only race I would like to see more story of. So many things happen that just don't feel important. A lot of "why should I be caring about this right now?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Nope, Played my Necro to 80 and never payed the least bit of attention to the story. I got a few other characters at lower levels and just pretty much log once a year to get my free 10 levels on my alts. Then log off for another year, The game is not good without focus on Dungeons, I liked them but having to wait until 30 to do them is lame and feels like they hate Mesmer, which I love to play Melee and just don't really care for the story, it never made me care about it.
    Do you have HoT? Mesmer Chronomancer is really sought after in every raid and high fractal. They actually tank in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post

Loved the shit out of GW1 lore, completely disappointed with GW2's at launch, seemed like all the races took a backseat to the Sylvari. Saw a video the other day an' Balthazar or something is now evil and you need to fight him. What about the other dragons? Just taking a back seat now? Not to mention we'll probably never go to Elona proper because it's Icecrown but with sand and Cantha because it's a now a racist, xenophobic fascist dictatorship, both for...reasons.
    /Angry rant over
    We are definitly heading to Elona in path of fire. It's not just the crystal desert. The map is expanded all the way down to the Istan islands.
    I dunno what their future plans are, but it would be criminal not to revisit Cantha. It is where humanity cam from, so i doubt they won't get to it at some point. That petrified forest and Jade sea are too good not to revisit. Kaineng slums aswell. That xpac had amazing locations.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-09-17 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Do you have HoT? Mesmer Chronomancer is really sought after in every raid and high fractal. They actually tank in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitly heading to Elona in path of fire. It's not just the crystal desert. The map is expanded all the way down to the Istan islands.
    I dunno what their future plans are, but it would be criminal not to revisit Cantha. It is where humanity cam from, so i doubt they won't get to it at some point. That petrified forest and Jade sea are too good not to revisit. Kaineng slums aswell. That xpac had amazing locations.
    I want to play Sword/ Pistol or Sword/Sword.

Deleted
    I like Taimi =))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I want to play Sword/ Pistol or Sword/Sword.
    Well.. if you replace the gun for the shield of the chrono, you are sorted. ^^

They are sword/sword and sword/shield.