Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the shit out of my Note 8 while Apple fans are stuck to their inferior phones.
    Note 8 is an absolute monster! It's huge, it's beautiful, the screen is fantastic. It can be compared to sex, drugs and alcohol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the shit out of my Note 8 while Apple fans are stuck to their inferior phones.
    Note 8 is an absolute monster! It's huge, it's beautiful, the screen is fantastic. It can be compared to sex, drugs and alcohol.
    No one gives a fuck what you have tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So saw this vid from unbox therapy about the quick charge capabilities of the iphone x. Found it interesting.

May cause blindness?

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ The S6 doesn't even have IP68, infact its not IP certified, atleast do some research before you join the 9gag bandwagon shit.

Edit: the newer generation Galaxy's have 12MP camera's instead of 16MP, I wonder why...
    Last edited by Msi; 2017-09-19 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    old but what's up?

What's funny is if you look only at (some) specs and ignore real-world performance, you can make the Google Pixel look like crap when compared to the S6.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Uh, that picture isn't correct... you know that, right? For one, the iPhone X has a much larger processor than the Galaxy S6.
    I wouldn't imagine the full thing is true and that there would be a lot of bias but that part isn't necessarily wrong. It just says X has 6 cores (which it does) and that S6 has 8 (which it does) not that the amount of cores equate to more power.

But I am curious, what else is incorrect?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    No one gives a fuck what you have tbh.
    Out of all people, you obviously do because you cared to reply.
    Thanks for being my fan #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    I wouldn't imagine the full thing is true and that there would be a lot of bias but that part isn't necessarily wrong. It just says X has 6 cores (which it does) and that S6 has 8 (which it does) not that the amount of cores equate to more power.

But I am curious, what else is incorrect?
    I have a few questions:
    - Why is thickness compared?
    - 12MP vs 16MP is compared, but the new S8 has a, you guessed it, 12MP camera. So, why compare the two at all if even Samsung can't keep up with "2015 specs"?
    - Speaking of cutting-edge "2015 specs", Palm's Pre in 2009 had the option of wireless charging. Giving Apple crap for waiting until 2017 (something Google might not even do if you believe some rumors on the Pixel 2), when Samsung themselves waited 6 years? Seems a little petty.
    - If "MOAR CORES MEANS IT'S BETTER" isn't accurate, why compare the two?
    - Why compare RAM, when Apple has been able to keep up (and even out-perform) Android devices with more RAM, thanks to optimization and management?
    - What's the allure of having a screen above 1080p if you're not strapping it into a VR headset? How close do you hold your phone to your face?
    Last edited by Tikaru; 2017-09-19 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    a 30 min charge point is great for apple, usually iphones take like 3-4 hours to charge depending on the version you have, but apple not including the cable in the box is some shady shit. making customers pay an extra $50-70 for extra components is nonsense
    Say what? My 6S takes an hour. Maybe if you had one of the first phone and trying to charge it these days. >.<

iPhone X is pure overpriced gimmick, nothing more nothing less. They messed up having the phone ready to go for presentation time. About the only failure they had. I still wouldn't buy it to save my life. They make a lot off accessories. By now, in 2017 one should never be surprised about Apple not including certain things. I'm still bitter losing out on recharging base...

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Apple devices tend to be quite buggy, i wouldn't be surprised if a perfect picture causes it to unlock, or if an apple update causes the feature to stop working entirely.

I've not encountered any single person who have had a buggy device. If going by online forums, you should know you'll see more problems than those without. It's true in the past some updates have bricked a small number of peoples iPhone. But that's about it.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2017-09-19 at 12:35 PM. Reason: cause

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    So... a crude mask WILL work then. See, I specifically focussed on image recognition and 3D techniques during my studies, and have done quite a bit in the field in my spare time.. Not for security systems, but the underlying math is all the same. ANY face recognition will have to honor a certain level of "data blur" to account for naturally occuring differences over short periods in a face and lighting and perspective reasons. I'm basically 100% certain by now that we're going to see a lot of videos once the phone hit the market where people unlock it with all kinds of contraptions - none of which will take millions of years to make, most importantly.
    I'm not convinced that a mask will be impossible to make, but keep in mind that they specifically tested it on masks with Hollywood mask makers so I'm not sure it will be as simple as you make it sound. It will be interesting to see how people break it once it's out in the wild, I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Whether it will be feasible is more important than whether it's possible ("please hold still while I create a mold of your face to break into your phone...").

I'm not really interested in biometrics to unlock my phone in general though, I don't use the fingerprint sensor either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all people, you obviously do because you cared to reply.
    Thanks for being my fan #1.
    Ahh the argument when you have nothing to say

/case closed.

I don't really understand the obsession with buying every new edition of your phone of choice that comes out. I guess if you have the disposable income and wanna drop $500+ at least once a year, more power to you, but I only upgrade when I need to. Does it make calls, access the internet, take pictures, function as a navigation system of sorts, and allow me to deposit checks at my bank? If so, I'm good with it. Bonus points if it runs Pokemon go for when I'm in a bigger town and bored.

I wouldn't even use facial recognition software; passcode works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    See, if it really was able for the phone to be that accurate with its recognition, what stops anyone from making a capture device capable of the very same thing for face-data-acquisition? Pair that with a neato top of the line 3D printer and some art skills, and you'll have your working replica within months at worst. Compared to tens of thousands of years for a proper password. Please, how can anyone assume face-recognition to be superior?
    Like I said I'm not really in favour of it anyway. Interestingly, researcher's did pretty much what you're proposing for the fingerprint scanner and got that working. You do need access to the original finger though, so I guess in theory the face is less secure in that you can probably scan it fairly accurately at a distance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The just make phones to sell their real product: Dongles.

Apple is a dongle company guys......

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Like I said I'm not really in favour of it anyway. Interestingly, researcher's did pretty much what you're proposing for the fingerprint scanner and got that working. You do need access to the original finger though, so I guess in theory the face is less secure in that you can probably scan it fairly accurately at a distance.
    The part where his fear false apart on why it won't work he even say's it may take them months if someone is willing to put in months of effort to get into your phone most likely little will stop them from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I have a few questions:
    - Why is thickness compared?
    - 12MP vs 16MP is compared, but the new S8 has a, you guessed it, 12MP camera. So, why compare the two at all if even Samsung can't keep up with "2015 specs"?
    - Speaking of cutting-edge "2015 specs", Palm's Pre in 2009 had the option of wireless charging. Giving Apple crap for waiting until 2017 (something Google might not even do if you believe some rumors on the Pixel 2), when Samsung themselves waited 6 years? Seems a little petty.
    - If "MOAR CORES MEANS IT'S BETTER" isn't accurate, why compare the two?
    - Why compare RAM, when Apple has been able to keep up (and even out-perform) Android devices with more RAM, thanks to optimization and management?
    - What's the allure of having a screen above 1080p if you're not strapping it into a VR headset? How close do you hold your phone to your face?
    Some good questions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Ahh the argument when you have nothing to say

/case closed.
    Because your message was an argument?
    Rofl, you're a moron.

/case closed.

(Infracted) ~ Minor Flaming
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-20 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because your message was an argument?
    Rofl, you're a moron.

/case closed.
    Apparently you had to come here and tell everyone how great ur super duper awesome phone is, while it has nothing to do with this topic.

Calling me moron made you lose the argument once again.

/Case closed.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when iPhone X fails to recognize your face? Do you need to go to apple to unlock it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side