Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Yes

Or perhaps whomever is buying kids this product should also by the eye protection for the kids.
    Which isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Solution? Don't be retard and don't aim to the face. At least it was like this when I was a kid. No warning needed.
    Gotta take into account that the darts are inaccurate af and usually hit everything but what you're aiming at.

I play, or at least used to, a lot of Airsoft--for those not in the know, it's basically paintballing but with bb guns that're 1:1 RIFs (Real Imitation Firearms, in the UK)--and the number one rule ever at every site I've ever been to, which is of course common sense, is to wear eye protection.

Granted, airsofting has 6mm BBs being fired at 350+ feet/s, but I really can't see why anyone would not recommend wearing goggles/face mask, be they mesh or perspex :shrug:

I saw this in my news feed this morning and my immediate thought was, "Duh!" What do people expect?!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Which isn't working
    That tends to happen when people do not buy proper protective gear.

At this point it would fall upon the child's parents/guardians to take responsibility if the child does something the parents/guardians knew about. If someone else gave the child nerf guns those (adults) should be held responsible.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    That tends to happen when people do not buy proper protective gear.

At this point it would fall upon the child's parents/guardians to take responsibility if the child does something the parents/guardians knew about. If someone else gave the child nerf guns those (adults) should be held responsible.
    This. The real solution for not just nerf guns, but a lot of issues like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there really a solution to this?
    I mean, they're shooting each other in the face with small projectiles that move about 10m/s, of course it may cause damage to the eye if they are hit directly. If you don't want your eyes to be hurt when shooting projectiles at each other, wear eye protection -- it's literally the only solution to the problem.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-19/n...-eye-injuries/

Is there really a solution to this?
    Safety glasses?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

pretty sure the boxes for the guns say wear eye protection, my old night shift IT job had nerf wars.. though we ended up just throw the darts at each other... had a few eye shots, hurt like a bitch then we ordered some safety glasses.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

9 out of 10 doctors agree that it's nerf or nothing.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Which isn't working
    Not using != not working. Safety goggles or glasses WORK but only if you wear them.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminded of this
    But you should get proper eye protection for your child and warn them not to shoot for the face. If the child can't be responsible he doesn't deserve the nerf toy

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, shooting things at people can cause eye injuries. NEWS OF THE CENTURY RIGHT HERE FOLKS

Do these people just dig for random shit to make articles about? No shit getting hit in the eye with one of those darts hurts. What's next, an article on why sticking a penny in an electrical socket hurts? Are we making news articles about 'duh' moments now and taking them seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the day kids were:
    0. Easily having knives
    1. Making slings using pebbles as ammunition.
    2. Making bows and arrows with nails for arrowhead.
    3. Playing with matches, including creation of explosives using the match-head material.
    4. Deconstructing bicycle pumps to create even more dangerous air-soft weapons.
    5. Creating guns using pipes, matches and bearing balls for ammunition.
    6. Creating Molotov cocktails: a bottle, a rag and some fuel.

We survived.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    wear eye protection, or get better reflexes in your face. specifically your eyelids
    Closing your eyes doesn't prevent damage to them.

But also, doctors warning of the dangers to eye is nothing new.

Much irony in this thread...

Funny how you want to take nerf guns away from kids for kids being kids and aren't offering up people should be responsible for their actions. Or parents should take responsibility for their actions.

Maybe we should just let Darwin take its course in this? Let parents decide if they want to allow kids to have nerf guns or not. Or would you rather we use government to further thier control over peoples lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 1990's called, they want their article back.

Kids+projectiles=eye injuries. Your daily reminder brought to you by Common Sense, if you're going to have Sense, make sure it's Common!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Much irony in this thread...

Funny how you want to take nerf guns away from kids for kids being kids and aren't offering up people should be responsible for their actions. Or parents should take responsibility for their actions.

Maybe we should just let Darwin take its course in this? Let parents decide if they want to allow kids to have nerf guns or not. Or would you rather we use government to further thier control over peoples lives?
    I aren't suggesting banning anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    There has been the same solution for many years already in place. They have a warning on the box that says not to shoot them at people's faces. If you don't heed such a warning, then you may collect your darwin award.
    How are kids gonna practice headshots then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    How are kids gonna practice headshots then?
    Shoot the cat. They move fast, and are agile. Higher difficulty than humans.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Kids today shouldnt be such pussies.

Back in my day we didnt even havenerf guns, we used the .44 magnum.