Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    why does Arathor not look half elf but pure high elf?

And yes i agree, illiden wasnt the one, it arathor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Alleria represents the Void.
    Turalyon represents the Light.
    Arator must be the child of Light and Shadow that Xe'ra prophecised about. I theorize he will rise within the Alliance and be the potential advisor and/or partner to Anduin and after Turalyon's death prophecy comes to pass, he will be the one whom defeats the Void.
    I thought of this myself. My only thing is... for Blizzard it seems far to simple and straightforward. They tend to write it so it's a little shaded. I guess we will see with how Alleria goes as she still refuses to let go of her "attachments" which is a strange way to put it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    why does Arathor not look half elf but pure high elf?

And yes i agree, illiden wasnt the one, it arathor.
    Laziness on modelling. It's like why has Baine and Lor'themar got pretty crap models? Yet other racial leaders have had several and for example Druids got over 40 unique models over the duration of WoW and those two guys can't make past 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCOkE3EIjo4

One of my favorite youtube channels for wow went over this exact subject a few days ago. Give it a watch.

If Arathor is the child of light and shadow. That will and does not make sense. Seeing as what her face only start dabbling into Shadows after Arathor was born and he does not live either of the parents philosphies, he only know of their history. He doesnt even know them. Arathor being child of light and shadow, makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I refuse to believe Blizzard is stupid enough to make another Med'an after how well that was received. Most people don't want to see some nobody rise out of nowhere that's destined for greatness because of their parents. Arator may have been in the game for a long time but he's done nothing.

If they seriously tried to make Arator some destiny child then we'd be demanding for his death within a few months. It didn't even take us long to turn against Thrall after how Cataclysm treated him as the savior. Every time Blizzard tries to make some destined savior character story it backfires horribly because they just make the character bland as hell and constantly in your face.
    Only person that I want to see rise out of no where and does something amazing, is the Black Prince. He, in a way, could be the bridge between factions or sanction between to the two. AND... if he gets the power he is looking for, might be able to revitalize the Dragon Aspects.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is a bit absurd. Calling something a prophecy doesn't make it so, hiding behind it must come true clinging to belief. Just because I call me dog a cat doesn't mean someday he will become a cat.
    A prophecy is something that has to happen no matter what, otherwise it wouldn't be called a prophecy. It is the way fantasy games narrate things. It is possible Xe'ra was entirely wrong about everything and anything, calling her own insinuations and wishes a prophecy, but then again it doesn't have to be; even Illidan destroying her could have been part of the prophecy because he is not supposed to become that, but the jailor of Sargeras. Someone who refuses a promise of power of redemption will surely not fall to the titan's temptations, making way for another to be the child.

I'm not saying Xe'ra isn't possibly wrong about it in character, just that "prophecies" are always shoved down the player's throats in fantasy games(remember the "prophecy" of Skovald's daughter?). Xe'ra trying to forcefully fulfill a prophecy doesn't negate the fact that there is a prophecy which is possibly coming true.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-09-18 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    A prophecy is something that has to happen no matter what, otherwise it wouldn't be called a prophecy. It is the way fantasy games narrate things. It is possible Xe'ra was entirely wrong about everything and anything, calling her own insinuations and wishes a prophecy, but then again it doesn't have to be; even Illidan destroying her could have been part of the prophecy because he is not supposed to become that, but the jailor of Sargeras. Someone who refuses a promise of power of redemption will surely not fall to the titan's temptations, making way for another to be the child.

I'm not saying Xe'ra isn't possibly wrong about it in character, just that "prophecies" are always shoved down the player's throats in fantasy games(remember the "prophecy" of Skovald's daughter?). Xe'ra trying to forcefully fulfill a prophecy doesn't negate the fact that there is a prophecy which is possibly coming true.
    I can't figure out why my cat wont stop barking.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I will say this once - Prophecies can be made before the person in the prophecy is born. That is how most prophecies are done actually otherwise the prophecy would be very convenient. Let us assume Arator is the Child of Light and Shadow and the prophecy will come true. To wait until Alleria becomes all void-y and write the prophecy, it's not much of a prophecy now is it? It's just convenient. Prophecies exist in real life (people make them, whether you believe them prophets is irrelevant). Have you ever heard of Nostradamus? He predicted Hitler and WWII. None of his prophecies are dead on (none ever are) but obviously he made this one before Hitler was born.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I can't figure out why my cat wont stop barking.
    You do realize in your attempt to refute his argument you never actually made a prophecy about your dog/cat? "Just because I call me dog a cat doesn't mean someday he will become a cat." is not a prophecy. A prophecy would be "One day my dog will become a cat." Whether you believe (and you have to believe it, you can't make prophecies willy nilly) it turns into a cat because you call it a cat or one day it gets kidnapped by scientists for gene experiments and they make it a cat is irrelevant. The prophecy didn't state how it became a cat. I'm not saying prophecies must come true. There are plenty that did not but most prophecies don't have expiration dates so until the end of everything comes to be they could still happen.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2017-09-19 at 01:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys as awesome as this theory is, can you all honestly picture Arator of all characters becoming a remotely major lore character? I feel like they went to lengths to deliberately push him under the rug in 7.3 outside of an obligatory scene that was incredibly low-effort. The average player doesn't even know who Arator is.

Like... if WoW was a well written story that was consistently making use of tertiary characters like A Song of Ice and Fire, I'd be inclined to agree with all of this, but for a story as simple as WoW's, I just cannot for the life of me imagine it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    can you all honestly picture Arator of all characters becoming a remotely major lore character?
    Well yeah kind of. As far as untapped potential goes. Arator is a goldmine. Same as a few others who haven't gotten their due, but a great deal of characters have been axed off, and someone is going to have to step forth for the paladins now that Tirion is sleeping the long sleep and <insert playername> is going to have to likely move on after legion.

I've wanted Arator as a more important set piece since BC.

But as you say, this is if the game was written with a more... uh, adept, team.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

He does satisfy three criteria necessary to be an important character in Blizzard writing.

- is a human
    - is an elf
    - is a paladin or mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Except X'era SAW Illidan in the future doing stuff as a Light Empowered being, and she SHARED that vision with Illidan, she didn't make it up. She did also mention the golden eyes who are apparently something important.

Imo she wasn't the one supposed to fulfill the prophecy and transform Illidan, it'll come to pass much much later.

Arathor doesn't have golden eyes of prophecy.

X'era did not see him in a vision of the future either.

Theory ruined.
    If only there were creatures in WoW that were really good with creating visions of granduer and projecting them into ones mind.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Except X'era SAW Illidan in the future doing stuff as a Light Empowered being, and she SHARED that vision with Illidan, she didn't make it up. She did also mention the golden eyes who are apparently something important.

Imo she wasn't the one supposed to fulfill the prophecy and transform Illidan, it'll come to pass much much later.

Arathor doesn't have golden eyes of prophecy.

X'era did not see him in a vision of the future either.

Theory ruined.
    Since when does Having a Vision = It will come to pass? For all intend and purpose, it could just be an illusion Xe'ra utilizes to trick Illidan.

Sargeras showed KJ a vision of Burning Legion reaching the end of Creation, which did not come to pass. Ragnaros showed Thrall a vision of Orgrimmar devoured by flame, which did not come to pass either.

One can gain golden eyes later in their life. Malfurion didn't have golden eyes at birth, but he obtains them later after he becomes more powerful in druidism.

Don't know about the child of L&S anymore but it's almost confirmed that Anduin will be the supreme leader of the fight against the void. The scenario from the comic is not portrayed as a vision but a real scenario from the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm fine with Arator becoming a major character as thus far he has little to no characterization to speak of - he is pretty much a blank slate that could be cultivated for good (or for bad depending on how he's used).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm fine with Arator becoming a major character as thus far he has little to no characterization to speak of - he is pretty much a blank slate that could be cultivated for good (or for bad depending on how he's used).
    Oh noes we are in desperate need of other characters for the following races

Trolls
    Gnomes
    Dwarves
    Forsaken
    Tauren
    Pandaren
    Goblins

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Trolls
    Gnomes
    Dwarves
    Forsaken
    Tauren
    Pandaren
    Goblins
    Wait a second....pandaren fur is black and white...and that is very symbolic to struggle betwen light and shadow...

Mudmug confirmed child of light and shadow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wait a second....pandaren fur is black and white...and that is very symbolic to struggle betwen light and shadow...

Mudmug confirmed child of light and shadow ?
    Mudmug is what brewed the light and shadow together in the first place. Twist is that great dark beyond is just one big brew.

Him being chosen one of his own creation would fit perfectly - kinda like Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Trolls
    Gnomes
    Dwarves
    Forsaken
    Tauren
    Pandaren
    Goblins
    I'm not really talking about him being a racial leader or racial marquee character, per se - just a major character for some future expansion or content patch.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not really talking about him being a racial leader or racial marquee character, per se - just a major character for some future expansion or content patch.
    Why him though and not someone,from a race that actually gets development through them, if there is one thing we most certainly don't need right now is more human and elf character screentime and Arator covers both. It is bad enough Turalyon will most likely be in our face, like Khadgar used to be in the last xpacks, combined with Alleria and to be honest I am fed up with both of them already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Alleria represents the Void.
    Turalyon represents the Light.
    Arator must be the child of Light and Shadow that Xe'ra prophecised about. I theorize he will rise within the Alliance and be the potential advisor and/or partner to Anduin and after Turalyon's death prophecy comes to pass, he will be the one whom defeats the Void.
    Arator jails Sargears, we keep Illidan.