Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Thanks for the medical diagnosis and the nation bashing. I wont lower myself to your level to insult you, you aren't worth the effort.

- - - Updated - - -

And they should have an 'Us vs Them' mentality when every Tom, Dick and Harry is gunning for them or taking a shit on them.
    Everyone is not gunning for them... very few cops die being a cop is in fact a very safe job... you are the type of person that buys into this "cops are under attack!" even though there is no data to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Possibly. But either way, the point is, I am not sure why anyone would blame the police officers in this case.
    They even pleaded for them to drop the weapon (knife, multi-purpose tool with a knife or whatever) multiple times; it's not like they just appeared there and immediately shot for no reason. In case it was not actually suicide by cop (which, given the interaction, would seem weird but of course possible) - what exactly do people expect to happen if you act like that?
    Also, just regarding the shot itself: Police officers are usually told to shoot for the body part that's easiest to hit in a stressful situation. Not to aim for the knee, elbow, left index finger or whatever. Which usually is the torso.

It's relatively telling that the protests that followed turned violent yet again. Because what better way is there to fight (perceived unnecessary) violence by, well, entirely unnecessary violence.
    I was mentioning that the suspect called the police, whish showed even more intent for suicide by cop.

I have no problem calling out bad officers, and do so quite regularly. It's very clear that these officers did not want to shoot the suspect. He continued to move towards them, and refused to drop the knife. I've been in that position of the officer who fired (military), and it is not a situation I would care to repeat. The use of force by officers is a problem in this country in many circumstances, but not in this instance.

The shot was a good one (a bit low from the looks of it). They aimed center mass, and avoided risking the lives of bystanders. The officers even attempted to give ground in an attempt to diffuse the situation, but the suspect continued to advance. As soon as the suspect got a little too close to one of the officers, they fired. Honestly, there were a couple other times where I expected the shot to come, but the officers just gave up more ground. The suspect became more bold, and started moving more deliberately.

All in all, I think it was well handled by the officers.

Expected outcome, dont rush the cops with a knife if you want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Possibly. But either way, the point is, I am not sure why anyone would blame the police officers in this case.
    They even pleaded for them to drop the weapon (knife, multi-purpose tool with a knife or whatever) multiple times; it's not like they just appeared there and immediately shot for no reason. In case it was not actually suicide by cop (which, given the interaction, would seem weird but of course possible) - what exactly do people expect to happen if you act like that?
    Also, just regarding the shot itself: Police officers are usually told to shoot for the body part that's easiest to hit in a stressful situation. Not to aim for the knee, elbow, left index finger or whatever.

It's relatively telling, though, that the protests that followed turned violent yet again. Because what better way is there to fight (perceived unnecessary) violence by, well, entirely unnecessary violence.
    You're not meant to go for an extremity because 1) you may not drop the suspect and they could react before you get another shot off and 2) you're creating a higher probability of hitting a bystander as you're more likely to miss your shot in the first place. Cops are trained, by and large, not to fuck around. That's something people need to understand. We can argue they need better weapons, better/new training, yadda-yadda... but that's something you argue with your legislature not by protesting and screaming for the blood of law enforcement.

This is a clear and cut mental health issue gone wrong. The individual in question forced the cops into a shitty position and I'm sure the one that fired the shot, hates his life at the moment. Problem is you had Mister Xir here lose their marbles because believe it or not, transgenders aren't mentally healthy - take it from one that's been on the cusp since forever. Let alone a case who refused to be identified - period - likely causing a lot of unnecessary conflict, confusion, and pain within their lives. Combine that with how we've politicized this shit, turned them into front-line warriors for a bullshit cause, it's now beginning to come to a head.

In general, this country is showing a very unhealthy mentality across the board. It doesn't consider accountability of the victim. It fails to address mental illness but rather encourages and politicizes the shit out of it. It thinks every little thing that happens deserves an over-the-top response often resulting in more violence and division. The call for reasoning seems to be a mere whisper in the background for many at this point.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-09-19 at 01:03 PM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Typical Euro-stupidity to think your misdirects are anything more than lies.
    Right, you would know, because you totally can understand the two languages that are being used. If you could understand another language then you'd might have a clue but as always its just more ignorance coming from you, by now its hard to expect anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The cops did deescalate the situation. No one was hurt but the dumbass who walked toward the cops armed.
    You would be someone who would cut off someones head in order to cure a toothache. Killing someone is by no means deescalating the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    being a cop is in fact a very safe job... .
    How can anyone say this with a straight face?

Your post title should read, "Mentally ill gender confused armed man killed for repeatedly refusing to comply with officer instructions."

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    You would be someone who would cut off someones head in order to cure a toothache. Killing someone is by no means deescalating the situation.
    Americans by their own admission are not like other people, they are more violent, dangerous, and able to kill with simple tools more readily than people from across the globe. Which is why so many are seeing this as a reasonable outcome.

I would ask, do police in these situations not have *any* other available tools for handling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Americans by their own admission are not like other people, they are more violent, dangerous, and able to kill with simple tools more readily than people from across the globe. Which is why so many are seeing this as a reasonable outcome.

I would ask, do police in these situations not have *any* other available tools for handling?
    There is certain effiency in these extreme methods.

Kill the guy, put him in a bag, everyone is home by dinner.

No need for capturing, questioning or imprisonment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Right, you would know, because you totally can understand the two languages that are being used. If you could understand another language then you'd might have a clue but as always its just more ignorance coming from you, by now its hard to expect anything else.
    Says the ignorant European who doesn't know secondary language education is a requirement. There is apparently a lot of things you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Maybe because the violence overall is much lower. Less perpetrators obviously results in less cases.

P.s. european countries barely use guns (especially in past) and when they do they often use rubber bullets.
    Was it really that much lower? IIRC USA mostly had similar statistics to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Because shots to the body don't always kill. You have to pretty much be dead accurate center mast to kill a person with one shot.
    I am not sure what you are trying to tell?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    How can anyone say this with a straight face?
    Well it's true if they were the only ones allowed to carry arms... They'd only have to worry about the criminals packing heat and reckless drivers instead of regular citizenry warfare
    Train them properly for a year or more instead of a couple months and they'll be able to serve and not only protect.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    That's not a she, I'm 99.9% sure that's a man.
    Eh , I thought it was just an ugly chick. Low T levels, gotta be to look like that. kek.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    approach the cops with a weapon and refuse to comply. You just might get shot. Why do people not get this?
    Because it only applies to US and looks horrible and retarded to common sense and rest of the world.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is certain effiency in these extreme methods.

Kill the guy, put him in a bag, everyone is home by dinner.

No need for capturing, questioning or imprisonment.
    I love all of you armchair cops. You remind me of people that sit around and judge NFL QBs. "OH MAN I would have thrown to the flat". Uh , no you wouldn't have cupcake, you don't know what you would do in the heat of the moment with players that are pretty much projectiles flying around at you. You aren't a cop. You have zero (ABSOLUTELY ZERO) idea of what it's like to be met with the adrenaline rush... the split second decisions that need to be made. Please don't pretend like you would do this or that , when in reality , you don't know wtf you would do unless you were in the exact same circumstances / position... and something tells me you dont have the "stones" to be in law enforcement.

You may think this is how cops should act in this situation, that's fine, but how come police in other countries can handle things like this without a deadly outcome?
    The US cops seem very easily scared compared to police in other countries. Look at them the wrong way and they may pull the trigger.
    Is the US that violent?
    That's 'funny' to me, because so many times I see Americans warn other Americans if they are about to leave the US borders, as if anything outside is crime filled third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    why is there university police and why do they have guns?
    Honest question - how naive are you?

My university's security was done by PM (Military Police, in my country), which are obviously armed. For years, asshole students that wanted to smoke weed would protest in order for the police to be removed.

They were.

Months later, the crime epidemic inside campus was so high that you were instructed to go to classes without carrying valuable belongings. Sometimes, criminals would board the bus in the university stop and rob everyone inside, without any fear of retaliation (Brazil is a lol disarmed country).

Private security, with guns, were hired. Things got a little bit better, but bus roberies still happen. Not inside the campus, luckly, as a few (not enough, mind you) armed people are walking down there.

That's not to even mention violence from student against student.

You need armed people. Everywhere. A campus is not a magical, special place.

Why not shoot his leg?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Why not shoot his leg?
    Life isnt CoD. A leg shot would be hard to make in favourable circumstances.. When a psycho is charging towards you with a knife and your adrenaline is pumping chances are you will miss and maybe hit something else.. Not to mention a leg shot has no guarantee of taken town an attacker.

A Nice summary of the even here from an Ex cop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7tX2UndcsM
    Last edited by Trollhammer; 2017-09-19 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Everyone is not gunning for them... very few cops die being a cop is in fact a very safe job... you are the type of person that buys into this "cops are under attack!" even though there is no data to back that up.
    Learn to read then we might have something to discuss... until then you are dismissed.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.