Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    The game is so far down the rabbit hole that almost everything is an elf. Night Elves, Void Elves, High Elves, Blood Elves, Satyrs were elves, Elves were trolls, Naga were Elves. Its like the backbone of the game to the point elf may as well be a synonym for humanoid.
    You mean Trolls are the backbone... Without trolls there's no Elves to make the several further mutations of the species.

Trolls are like the caveman and Elves the modern human I do agree. Another species of Elves isn't going to be ground-breaking nor would it be exactly a bad thing, I would however opt more for a class than another race personally but it most likely will be a race that comes next since Demon Hunter was the new class... If Voidy I would reckon Etherael a better candidate with visual changes considering the direction with Mac'acree.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-18 at 02:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    You mean Trolls are the backbone... Without trolls there's no Elves to make the several further mutations of the species.

Trolls are like the caveman and Elves the modern human I do agree. Another species of Elves isn't going to be ground-breaking nor would it be exactly a bad thing, I would however opt more for a class than another race personally but it most likely will be a race that comes next since Demon Hunter was the new class... If Voidy I would reckon Etherael a better candidate with visual changes considering the direction with Mac'acree.

Shadow Priests dabbled in the Void before it was cool.
    Give me Tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    Shadow Priests dabbled in the Void before it was cool.
    Give me Tinkers
    To be honest, it was pretty fucking lame way they depicted before fully and openly admitting it to the the Old Gods and such. Before it was pretty much a very debased way it was shown really, least now it's getting that decent association and spotlight/strong theme that several classes have or had. Though another VOid class wouldn't too bad, there's several already that use similar themes, oddly in pairs too. Shaman and Mage with control over the elements, Paladin and Priest with one and the Light, Warlock and Demon Hunter with the whole Fel induced party.

Tinkers although cool, would probably be hard to aim for in terms of skills. I suppose it's not impossible really and to be honest, the whole fixing things has been a big component to the game especially with Titans being mechanical based. Might actually work if they sort of tie that Titan-esque thing it in with that, because we have classes tied to Fel, Void, the several elements and their associated big characters like Sargeras, Old Gods and so on whether directly or not... But Titans don't have that which is strangely odd to see despite the Titanforged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers although cool, would probably be hard to aim for in terms of skills. I suppose it's not impossible really and to be honest, the whole fixing things has been a big component to the game especially with Titans being mechanical based. Might actually work if they sort of tie that Titan-esque thing it in with that, because we have classes tied to Fel, Void, the several elements and their associated big characters like Sargeras, Old Gods and so on whether directly or not... But Titans don't have that which is strangely odd to see despite the Titanforged.
    I always thought Tinkers would be able to tank by riding Mech suits like Mekkatorque or Gallywix.
    You know, leaders of races that never see a spotlight...

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    I always thought Tinkers would be able to tank by riding Mech suits like Mekkatorque or Gallywix.
    You know, leaders of races that never see a spotlight...
    Like Lor'themar and Baine? . Yeah, it's about time they actually did something meaningful with the other leaders rather than the same old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Trolls are like the caveman and Elves the modern human I do agree.
    It's quite a dubious analogy as elves turned into something different but not necessarily better, compared to modern humans that are definitely an evolutionary step above the 35 thousands old years cavemen. Actually, losing the ability to regenerate wounds and limbs is quite a massive step back in terms of biological evolution.

I see your point though and I understand what you aimed at with it but I was in the mood of clear that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's quite a dubious analogy as elves turned into something different but not necessarily better, compared to modern humans that are definitely an evolutionary step above the 35 thousands old years cavemen. Actually, losing the ability to regenerate wounds and limbs is quite a massive step back in terms of biological evolution.

I see your point though and I understand what you aimed at with it but I was in the mood of clear that out.
    And the tusks! They lost those magnificent tusks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Lor'themar and Baine? . Yeah, it's about time they actually did something meaningful with the other leaders rather than the same old ones.
    Lor'themar was pretty important in Mists, at least. Baine hasn't done a damn thing outside of his appearance in The Shattering. And he's the only faction leader whose model doesn't match his canonical appearance in official artwork, now that Gallywix has a unique model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Night elves? Forget about those?
    No? High/Blood Elves (descendant from Night Elf Highborn) have evolved significantly during their exile from Kalimdor, more than enough for them to be considered a separate race from Night Elves... But the Blood and High Elves are not a separate race from each other, they are two factions of the same race. Therefore, if High Elves became playable as Alliance, we would still have two playable Elf races, Night elves and High/Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-18 at 05:49 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No? High/Blood Elves (descendant from Night Elf Highborn) have evolved significantly during their exile from Kalimdor, more than enough for them to be considered a separate race from Night Elves... But the Blood and High Elves are not a separate race from each other, they are two factions of the same race. Therefore, if High Elves became playable as Alliance, we would still have two playable Elf races, Night elves and High/Blood Elves.
    You say that in a way as if it would make it more likely to happen... Blizzard doesn't like their neutral races because it hurts the faction identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You say that in a way as if it would make it more likely to happen... Blizzard doesn't like their neutral races because it hurts the faction identity.
    That's not what I am implying at all... Someone said "a third elf race? I don't think so", I corrected them saying it wouldn't be a third, someone came back with a snarky comment and I responded to that with the above.

I don't care if it happens or not, I don't care if it's likely or not, if it did, it factually would not be a third race, that is all I was saying.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-18 at 06:46 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Well, it still stands for me. Even if you're tried to disprove it... You still agreed that the point stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Lor'themar was pretty important in Mists, at least. Baine hasn't done a damn thing outside of his appearance in The Shattering. And he's the only faction leader whose model doesn't match his canonical appearance in official artwork, now that Gallywix has a unique model.
    He was but was still undermined by that he wasn't a sole contributing effort to that sway and once again, others had a spotlight like... Varian, Jaina, Thrall, yadda yadda. Sure he was helpful on a boss, but that was the same position as Veressa who has less involvement than he did. He helped as much as the rest but still wasn't bought forth beyond that.
    Fuck me, they still don't even give the dude a decent model. Just tweaked it to fit the lore description but only because people complained. Druids have had 3 sets of different models since the day of his entry. Which can be over 40 unique models, they can't even do 1 for Lor'themar or Baine.

It's still not the same compared to the rest of them like Varian, Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas, Garrosh... that list could go on. I would have said Velen in that coup of being abandoned or just shelved but with Legion they've actually pulled something quite fitting for the old man. I'm waiting for the same thing for Baine and Lor'themar, few others like Gallywix too and Gelbin, they need more than been like House Tarly in God of Thrones. Neither are in with a story that has meaningful purpose or drive if you get me. Just those random little moments that really appear to be awesome and cool but in the hindsight and compared to others... It really isn't that amazing.

Considering we have yet to return to places like Quel'Thalas and Silvermoon is still partly in ruins, the Blood Elves should be past the Wretched addiction and crap... It's still like the Blood Elves have done shit. And that goes for few others. They've had the odd sparkle but really, for who they are and others in similar positions... You'd think for something new and refreshing they'd dabble with other characters.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-18 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, it still stands for me. Even if you're tried to disprove it... You still agreed that the point stands.
    I agree with your main point and because of that I didn't try to disprove that, just one side of the analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards of Baine, I started to like him a bit after War Crimes. However, not only it risks to be a case of "too little, too late" but it's all relegated in a Warcraft novel with no reflection in-game. Actually, most of Baine's decent lore is in novels or short-stories (see The Shattering). His only true badass moment in-game (not speaking of development, that doesn't exist) was at the very end of the Mulgore questline, which was the very beginning of Cataclysm. It's also where he delivered his most badass line so far:

'It took a coward's poison and the fury of Hellscream to bring my father down. WHAT CHANCE HAVE YOU?'
    But that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

By the way, I found what the "high elf ranger" NPC is used for. It's just the alternate NPC for Alleria when you see another player doing the quests in Mac'Aree. While he sees Alleria, you'll see the generic ranger.

I agree with your main point and because of that I didn't try to disprove that, just one side of the analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards of Baine, I started to like him a bit after War Crimes. However, not only it risks to be a case of "too little, too late" but it's all relegated in a Warcraft novel with no reflection in-game. Actually, most of Baine's decent lore is in novels or short-stories (see The Shattering). His only true badass moment in-game (not speaking of development, that doesn't exist) was at the very end of the Mulgore questline, which was the very beginning of Cataclysm. It's also where he delivered his most badass line so far:

But that's all.
    Ah fair enough.

I must admit it was like a beginning of Baine actually being more than just some random token leader a bit like his father Cairne but a little more, animated. Just again cast to the side because Garrosh was being the big baddy and all that crap to support the decline, was really a waste - heck it feels like Magtha Grimtotem got more love than he did thanks to the follower in Legion Class Hall :|.

I'm just glad they did Velen. Velen I actually enjoyed and at least had a little faith in making a personal journey interesting [bar the idiocy of using Illidan as a means to expand on it when it was completely unnecessary but did then produce probably my favourite meme with sticks and stones will break my bones, but Tyrande will never love you]. and restored a little bit of faith in story telling because it's been really shaky before.

About Baine.

He was meant to be the main Horde character in Highmountain (Brann would be the Alliance counterpart), before Blizzard scrapped them both and introduced Maila in their place. He even has a voice line in which he says "We have much to learn from the Highmountain tauren". Visit him in Thunderbluff and click him to check for yourself.

The original idea was scrapped, but I think we may still get some "Baine in Highmountain" moment before next expansion. Blizzard did say they'd introduce small story elements (kinda like Magni's scenario) in some weeks, so I think we seeing the meeting between Baine and the Highmountain has some probability to happen. (Specially since I bet next expansion will have expanded character customization, so introducing the Highmountain to the Horde would be a great addition).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    You know I never thought it could happen either until 7.3 showed Silgryn communicating with and finding similarities between both Nightborne and the Blood Elves. Now I feel that it's very possible that Alliance may get High Elves(akin to Belves) and Horde gets Nightfallen (akin to Nelves) (small and early 7.3 spoilers)
    I would be OK with that. Love the Nightborne. :3

Alternative to Alliance getting High Elves would be Horde getting Eredar who break up with the Legion and go rogue. Then we would get a red Draenei model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    About Baine.

He was meant to be the main Horde character in Highmountain (Brann would be the Alliance counterpart), before Blizzard scrapped them both and introduced Maila in their place. He even has a voice line in which he says "We have much to learn from the Highmountain tauren". Visit him in Thunderbluff and click him to check for yourself.

The original idea was scrapped, but I think we may still get some "Baine in Highmountain" moment before next expansion. Blizzard did say they'd introduce small story elements (kinda like Magni's scenario) in some weeks, so I think we seeing the meeting between Baine and the Highmountain has some probability to happen. (Specially since I bet next expansion will have expanded character customization, so introducing the Highmountain to the Horde would be a great addition).
    I hope so. Horde Tauren are too underused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wows already had one elf only class, it doesn't need another. Of course if it were to happen I'll come to the conclusion that without metzen around the lore teams only interested in one big elf orgy and nothing else
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I would be OK with that. Love the Nightborne. :3

Alternative to Alliance getting High Elves would be Horde getting Eredar who break up with the Legion and go rogue. Then we would get a red Draenei model.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope so. Horde Tauren are too underused.
    Eredar is draenei tho its the race name draenei is the followers of the light that rejected sargeras. Man'ari eredar is the red ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Right now, only Shadow Priest utilizes Void. I wish we get a new class that uses the Void and is more martial. For instance, a Void Ranger (Dark Ranger?) like Alleria is right now.