Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just find it funny that all the freedom loving patriots who are always bitching about America turning into a police state are always the first ones to come out in favor of the cops whenever these stories pop up. If cops are out there just killing unarmed people and not being punished for it, how much more of a police state could that be? But yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with race whatsoever....

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The answer to this question is complicated.

Most cops are good and responsible people that do not pull this shit. Most cops are not bloodthirsty, and most cops work honestly with their communities.

Some cops can only be described as evil who are, indeed, bloodthirsty. They don't care about the people in their community, many times seeing them as parasites or sub-human.

Guess which ones make the news? The same is true with any other group.

Most cop shootings are about nervous, afraid cops shooting suspects at the slightest hint of aggression. I'm willing to bet the number of cops who actually want to kill someone is close to zero.

They pull over a black guy, they are afraid of the black guy, the black guy makes a sudden movement and the cop shoots. Was the black guy going for a gun or did he just twitch because he was nervous?

The real question is: why are cops afraid of black people?

Some cops are really brave and won't shoot, at least up until the point were a gun is about to be aimed at them. But not all cops are brave.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    You meant that to be a joke, but that's actually exactly police procedure in many countries. They can just arrest the person later when they aren't likely to cause an accident. Funnily enough if you stop chasing them they (usually) stop driving so dangerously.
    And chances are youll never see them again to arrest them, or if you do, they will just run again and then you gotta let them go again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

The core of the problem is the training. They are taught that everyone is a criminal and to shoot first when the threat is uncertain.

Also the type of people that are hired to be cops are power hungry pigs.

Ever heard of the Blue Line? Just another example of corruption within the police department across the US.

Good cops are almost the minority, and most if not all are complete assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Make sure you do not criticize Sharia law next time in your posts, because this mentality fits right in.

Those who claim he shouldn't have ran away from cops, and by running he deserved broken ribs are ignorant of the basic concept of rule of law. If you speed, you get a fine. If you run away from police, there is also a pre-defined punishment for you, but certainly not police breaking your ribs on the spot.
    Did you even fucking read? The cops pulled out in front of him, he was breaking the law, he crashed his car while putting others at risk at dying. It's his damn fault.

Every single anti-cop post in this thread has been moronic at best. This one is just fucking stupid, they didn't get out and decide he needed to have two of his ribs broken as punishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Yes.

The core of the problem is the training. They are taught that everyone is a criminal and to shoot first when the threat is uncertain.

Also the type of people that are hired to be cops are power hungry pigs.

Ever heard of the Blue Line? Just another example of corruption within the police department across the US.

Good cops are almost the minority, and most if not all are complete assholes.
    False, but, you're from Portland so no surprise you think this way and are beyond reproach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I just find it funny that all the freedom loving patriots who are always bitching about America turning into a police state are always the first ones to come out in favor of the cops whenever these stories pop up. If cops are out there just killing unarmed people and not being punished for it, how much more of a police state could that be? But yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with race whatsoever....
    Read the story, read your response. Race and death weren't apart of it. Now look up statistics of police shootings and try understanding why a police state will never happen in the US. When you decide that I'm wrong and you're right based on your feels and ignorance, go ahead and respond, I'm sure it'll be one or two off base examples at most.
    and then he cupped my balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They are just stepping their game up to the level of their opponents.
    Baltimore does not chase. In fact, Police in Baltimore are never allowed to go more than 10MPH over the speed limit. Police officers in Baltimore themselves have said they always catch them later.

A lot of people die every year as a result of police chases and many of those people are innocent bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    He fled in a high speed chase that could have injured or killed someone. He needed to be stopped.
    not with the front end of a crown vic >___>

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Nah, the cops were correct in stopping him.

If they had to force a cash, the benefits outweigh the risk.
    i don't know... i have driven a vehicle at speeds of 140+ mph before. it's really not that dangerous unless you are inexperienced, which is the cause of a staggering majority of high speed wrecks. cars can't keep up with motorcyles anyway.

cost of refueling 2 crown vics and a motorcycle from a high speed chase: $20
    cost of hospital bill and vehicle damages: $10,000+

I really don't think it's worth chasing runners. They are either going to get away and A) You will never see them again. B) You will not see them for a very long time. C) You will see them tomorrow, maybe 3 days or a week from now in more favorable conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    If this was a true story they would have gotten him for resisting arrest, and not just a traffic violation. I would pick a new and better source for my news.
    Well considering it's the local newspaper...

They still haven't charged him with anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yea, but look at how many uneducated posters this forum has. McJob workers who think they're lawyers and climate scientists. The asshole fled from police in a high pursuit and was legally stopped. Hold someone accountable for their actions for once.
    i dont think there is anything legal about using the front end of a crown vic to disable a motorcyle... esp if you have nothing on them but the fact they are speeding. now if the guy was fleeing the scene of a crime or something it'd be different and I'd agree. but for speeding? come on man that's ridiculous lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    There are hundreds of thousands of police officers, it is not very common. The media just throws a spotlight on the few things that happen so that they can insinuate violence to create more news. The media knows that stupid people are passionate and easily influenced.
    You should read the message posted RIGHT BEFORE this one.

The guy got his ribs broken because of his own actions. If he hadn't decided to flee from the cops it wouldn't have happened, all he'd have gotten was a ticket. End of story.

I think they are becoming bloodthirsty because they've been infected by a virus that turns people into vampires.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    9 out of 10 they can get the guy at the registered address in the morning or afternoon after running the plates and letting them think they managed to escape without endangering anyone... I'd say that's equally as fun though not as intense and adrenalin pumping as ruining material and be in pursuit endangering everyone involved instead.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post

False, but, you're from Portland so no surprise you think this way and are beyond reproach.
    Speak for yourself. Almost all cops are dicks by default. That is the core of the problem whether you choose to believe or not. They need a major attitude adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You should read the message posted RIGHT BEFORE this one.
    You don't understand that each country has different laws and cultures, comparing the 2 is asinine.

I think that candidates need to go through a bit more rigorous psychological examination before becoming police. I don't think they are any more bloodthirsty. I just think that as time and population increase the interactions between police and civilians increases. And I think as things get more turbulent socially, the police are more stressed and paranoid about what they will go through. Also, there multitudes of more cameras, so there is much more vision on these things as the happen or happened.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Cops or Live PD, people run from the cops and cause all kinds of charges or even hurt others for a simple original offense like speeding. If the guy runs and the cops pursue and crash the guy out before he kills an innocent bystander, his charges at that point are way more than just speeding. So it's not like the cop did that just for speeding, he did it for running. And innocent people get killed all the time by people running from the police. I wouldn't really call that bloodthirsty. The cops wouldn't really have any power at all if anytime someone took off for an offense they just had to let them go.

There are plenty of bad cops that abuse their power too. But I think of examples more like a guy getting pulled over for speeding or a taillight, he gets asked for his license, and then the driver gets shot reaching for it. That stuff has happened and those are better examples of abuse than someone who runs. If you run or approach a cop with a weapon all bets are off, you're kind of accepting the risk of getting tackled or roughly/forcibly being taken into custody.

The threshold for use of lethal force is lower for a cop in the US then for a soldier patrolling in Iraq.

There is your answer.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Speak for yourself. Almost all cops are dicks by default. That is the core of the problem whether you choose to believe or not. They need a major attitude adjustment.
    You spoke about the training too, which was wrong.

And I look like a dark skinned mexican (am native american), I don't look like the majority of of the posters on MMO-champ who are mostly sheltered white kids who haven't had anything really terrible in life. I have no problems with cops, my family has no problems with cops, almost all of them have been nice and helpful and never given a shit how I look. Maybe if you act decent they'd respond the same way to you.

Cops are generally really nice if you are, because they deal with shitty people all day taping them on cellphones and yelling at them.

The whole violent, racist, asshole cop thing is bullshit. I've lived all around the country and never have any problems, as a darker skinned person. Exceptions to this, absolutely, but, few and far between. People who whine about this either don't get outside, or just love playing the race card and pretend that 99% of the time their actions are exactly why they were pulled over or arrested.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Deleted
    Good stuff, i'm all for police injuring people that refuse to cooperate with the law.

By injuring I don't mean beating someone to death for the sake of entertainment.

"Following the deaths of workers at the hands of United States Army and United States Marshals Service during the Pullman Strike of 1894 in Chicago, the United States Congress unanimously voted to approve legislation to make Labor Day a national holiday."

They used to kill people for not going to work like a proper serf... so if anything, the government's gotten LESS violent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    You spoke about the training too, which was wrong.

And I look like a dark skinned mexican (am native american), I don't look like the majority of of the posters on MMO-champ who are mostly sheltered white kids who haven't had anything really terrible in life. I have no problems with cops, my family has no problems with cops, almost all of them have been nice and helpful and never given a shit how I look. Maybe if you act decent they'd respond the same way to you.

Cops are generally really nice if you are, because they deal with shitty people all day taping them on cellphones and yelling at them.

The whole violent, racist, asshole cop thing is bullshit. I've lived all around the country and never have any problems, as a darker skinned person. Exceptions to this, absolutely, but, few and far between. People who whine about this either don't get outside, or just love playing the race card and pretend that 99% of the time their actions are exactly why they were pulled over or arrested.
    Obviously somethings broken when it comes to training. You have scared trigger happy cops now. I mean not all of them are fear for their lives when they see a black person, but I would say a good 10% of them have major issues with another 10% that are probably decent cops.

And if a cop wants respect, they should show respect in return. Maybe you live in a small town where most of the cops are not paid on tickets and have less crime and poverty to deal with, but in the larger cities and surrounding areas, the are just asshole dicks. And this goes all the way up to city hall on some level. How is the customer service in government generally? Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What was implied by these replies is basically "he deserved it". Which kinda fit with my answer, if you're not "being dishonest".
    Yes, unlawful people deserve being roughed up.

Nor was the person described in the OP unlawful merely due to the fact that he ran away. But that didn't fit your agenda, huh?