Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Is that what the US pilots use when they drop hellfires on weddings?
    That part of the world celebrates weddings by firing profuse amounts of bullets into the air. One person's party is another person's flak box.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why Russia would allow bystanders to watch the drills, for 2 reasons. For one, the likelihood of something like this happening with live ammo going off all over. And for two, not wanting people and potential spies to view their combat tactics firsthand. Unless this was just the Russian way of discouraging bystanders...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Ahhh Russia. This is just a sad reminder our closest rival is just comprised of normal humans, like us.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    I'm not sure why Russia would allow bystanders to watch the drills, for 2 reasons. For one, the likelihood of something like this happening with live ammo going off all over. And for two, not wanting people and potential spies to view their combat tactics firsthand. Unless this was just the Russian way of discouraging bystanders...
    They allow it because it feeds into the rhetoric of Putin making russia strong again, appealing to the same nationalistic urges sweeping america. Harping upon how others have taken advatage of you and abused you and a strongman will put you back in a place of respect.

It's not like we haven't seen this before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I love the "may" in the title with an accompanying video of the incident.
    I suppose the may should be interpreted as may have hit.
    not just in their relative vicinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Bystanders does not mean civilians, it means observers.

These exercises are not for actual training. They are for putting on a show of force and showing the world how great they are.
    Bystanders is exactly what they want (tho obv they don't want to shoot them).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    At least no lives were lost, unlike when the US rams their warships at commercial vessels in the far east.